Creative Reviews discussion

Authors requesting reviewers > Verse Novel - Requesting reviews of "Depth of Focus: A Novel"

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kenya (last edited Aug 22, 2011 10:31PM) (new)

Kenya Williamson | 6 comments Hi everyone! I'm Kenya D. Williamson. I'm an author, screenwriter and actress from Pennsylvania. I'd love some reviews of Depth of Focus: A Novel.

Description: After years of taking care of others, Danni might not know how to really take care of herself. But, she's trying regardless of the consequences -- even if that means keeping her distance from the ones she loves. If everyone has his way, she'll be pulled in more directions than she can handle. Then again, if she pushes too hard, she might wind up alone. Alone and safe? Or alone and lonely? She can't decide.

Following her fifth birthday party, Danni grew to despise the annual tradition. If the aspiring photographer can't find a way to balance a meddling roommate, nosy neighbor, former lover, current lover, mostly-absent father, jealous sibling, insecure best friend and suicidal mother with the demands of her lousy job, approaching birthday party and shrinking college fund, she won't be going to school. And chances are she'll lose a lot more than her career.

"Depth of Focus" is filled with family, dating, colleague and friendship dysfunction plus a little comedy and romance. It's an adaptation of my first script. I'm currently finishing a version of the book in which the poetry is broken down into stanzas. Each of my fiction works in progress is written the same way. If you'd like to sample my writing style, you can check out some free short fiction and the first four chapters of the book on my site -- www.kenyadwilliamson.com .

I'm offering ebooks -- pdf, mobi, epub -- for reviews on Goodreads, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, etc. I don't expect reviewers to post on all. But, the more the merrier.

Thank you. Happy reading and writing!

Depth of Focus A Novel by Kenya D. Williamson

message 2: by Amy Eye (new)

Amy Eye | 1841 comments Mod
We have many wonderful reviewers in this group who read all sorts of literature, I'm sure you will get more responses than you think! :)

message 3: by Kenya (new)

Kenya Williamson | 6 comments Thanks, Amy. Depth of Focus is in the TBR pile of some great bloggers. But, I'd love to have more readers take a look. I'll try not to get too nervous while I wait. :)

message 4: by Baxter (new)

Baxter Trautman Kenya - I'll give "Depth" a try.

Baxter Clare Trautman, The River Within
Web site: http://baxterclare.com
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/...

message 5: by Kenya (new)

Kenya Williamson | 6 comments Thanks so much, Baxter. I'm sending you a message with the code to download the book at Smashwords. Sorry it took so long for me to respond. I never received your email.

I love your website, by the way. And I just downloaded "The River Within." I'm excited to read it.

I hope you're having a great week!