Zombies! discussion

Hello from the U.K

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Simon Chambers (new)

Simon Chambers | 2 comments Hello everyone, I am Simon. I am a military author from the U.K. I just joined goodreads and found this group. I love zombie movies, but have never actually read a zombie book. I am open to suggestions. I look forward to talking books with you all.

Felicia A Sullivan (ftjazgal) | 20 comments My zombie shelf: http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/...

Welcome and have fun.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Simon!
I would suggest Feed (Newsflesh, #1) by Mira Grant and maybe Hater (Hater, #1) by David Moody which is a zombie book with out zombies...you'll get it if you read it haha

message 4: by Scott (new)

Scott Baker | 84 comments Start with Max Brook's World War Z. Then read Brian Keene's The Rising, City of the Dead, and Dead Sea. Other authors to check out David Wellington, Kim Paffenroth, Jonathan Maberry, Bowie Ibarra, and Koe McKinney, all of whom have published several zombie books.

Have fun.

message 5: by Michael (new)

Michael Thomas (starcrusader) If you are from the UK then definitely read some of the fiction I have written. The stories are set mainly in the UK and the US by two British writers. We have also written two survival manuals:

Zompoc How to Survive a Zombie Apocalypse by Michael G. Thomas
Zompoc Weapons & Tactics for the Zombie Apocalypse by Michael G. Thomas
Zombie Dawn Trilogy Illustrated Collector's Edition by Michael G. Thomas

message 6: by Simon Chambers (new)

Simon Chambers | 2 comments Thank you for the nice welcome and the great recommendations.

message 7: by Steve (new)

Steve Chaput (stevec50) | 139 comments Read both of Max Brooks' books, for sure. I also recommend Max Brallier's "Can You Survive The Zombie Apocalypse?" Check out Permuted Press, who are publishing a decent list of zombie novels and short story anthologies. Their books don't all take place in the same 'universe' so you get all kinds of zombies and stories ranging from scary to funny.

message 8: by Will (new)

Will Granger | 8 comments I have a short story about zombies in Ancient Rome, Gladitorium Immortuos. Hey, for 99 cents, you can't go wrong.

Gladitorium Immortuos by Will Granger

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey, Mike, keep us updated on when the finished product is available. Unique takes on the undead are few and far between these days, as survival horror has overwhelmed the concept.

message 10: by Chantal (new)

Chantal Boudreau (chantal_boudreau) | 6 comments I have several zombie stories in anthologies (Vampires, Zombies and Ghosts - Oh my!, First Time Dead, vol. 1, Hell Hath No Fury, Undead, Tales) and a zombie novelette, Shear Terror, and I make a point of adding something original to every story. I'll be working on my first full zombie novel for NaNoWriMo this year, Sleep Escapes Us. It's going to be set in ancient Thrace.