Paranormal Lovers discussion

Adult Series > Guild Hunter

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cassie Cruel, Adult Expert (last edited Jun 21, 2015 09:32AM) (new)

Cassie Cruel (faith_isola) | 1384 comments Mod
Has anyone read this series? I haven't but if it is like the Psy-Changeling series, it will be amazing :D

Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1) by Nalini Singh Archangel's Kiss (Guild Hunter, #2) by Nalini Singh Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter, #3) by Nalini Singh Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter, #4) by Nalini Singh Archangel's Storm (Guild Hunter, #5) by Nalini Singh Archangel's Legion (Guild Hunter, #6) by Nalini Singh Archangel's Shadows (Guild Hunter, #7) by Nalini Singh

Unreleased

Archangel's Enigma (Guild Hunter, #8) by Nalini Singh

message 2: by ☺~Tina~☺ (new)

☺~Tina~☺ (tina007) | 12 comments I've read this series and I like it a lot.

message 3: by Carole-Ann (new)

Carole-Ann (blueopal) If anything, even though I love the Psy-Changeling series, this one is even better.
Completely blown away is the phrase

message 4: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) I agree that I enjoyed book 1 in this series more than that of the psy-changeling series. But I'm currently on book 2 after agonizing over what to read next. At 12%, I almost quit. I don't know if it's because it's been a while since I read the first book, but I was a little confused. Anyone checking out this book prior to the series starter would be totally lost. And though I did actually open another book to read instead, I made myself reopen Archangel's Kiss and try again. I'm now at 24% and I'm starting to get bored.
I'm just not feeling the horror of the attack. I'm not feeling any tension. The pace and the writing of everything all seems so matter of fact, like it's inconsequential. And as for the sensual tension that book 1 was rife with, I'm finding this one totally lacking--but I know the author intends for it to be there. Is it going to get better if I read on? Or should I consider that this one just might not be for me?

message 5: by Katie (new)

Katie (skateanddonate) | 5 comments Give it a chance. It is a good series and book #4 is amazing.

The woman is being 'reborn' and learning a new existence in the majority of book #2. Did you really expect it to have the same sensual tension immediately following (view spoiler)?

message 6: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) It's not just that which is bugging me. I'm more about plot than sexual content. It almost sounds as though the writer is tossing out the story in an offhand kind of way rather than trying to draw me in and keep me listening for all I'm worth. Does that make sense?

And as for it not being there due to her circumstances? The fact is, there are scenes where the tension should be there, but I'm just not feeling it.

message 7: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) That said, I am a fairly perserverent kind of reader. Something has to really really really bother me for me to give up on it. However, I kind of have less tolerance when it's a subsequent book that's not living up to its preceding one.

message 8: by Karolina (new)

Karolina | 2 comments I read this series last month and really enjoyed it. You should try it.

message 9: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) I did, Heatclif. I pushed through to the end, but the book still left me wanting. It seemed to be lacking the pizazz of book 1.

message 10: by Carole-Ann (new)

Carole-Ann (blueopal) Dammit! Just plough through it; regard book 3 as something to get through too (though I still love 'em!!) and take a deep breath before book 4!!

That's all :)

message 11: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) I wondered how long it'd take you to spot this and come tell me off. *slinks away with tail between legs*

message 12: by Carole-Ann (new)

Carole-Ann (blueopal) @ JA:

message 13: by Denae (new)

Denae  (denae3) | 250 comments lol You guys always make me laugh! :) I still think you should push through it and read on as well Julie! :) KEEP GOING!!!

message 14: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) I will. I might. Okay, I will. But I have a list to get through first. Just finished up Marked this morning. Then I have Half Blood to read, and I want to check out the next Kitty Norville book. So it'll have to join the list. :o)