Creative Reviews discussion

Authors requesting reviewers > requesting reviews for "what it tastes like to be sane", absurdist comedy

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sean (new)

Sean Ahern | 2 comments This is my first attempt at the novel form after having written short stories for amusement and catharsis for a few years, and it's a heavily autobiographical work, filtered through a lens of poetic license, absurdist humour (often bordering on humour of the gallows variety), and written in a rather stream of consciousness style. Like anyone who's put a lot of time into something, I'm just looking for some feedback, especially within a community that clearly has similar interests.

http://www.lulu.com/product/file-down...

the above link is a free download of the book. I do thank anyone who takes the time to read for their time, I sincerely appreciate it from the bottom of my heart, as well as every other area of that particular organ. I really hope those who do read enjoy as well, and a physical copy is available for those who do so.
thanks,
Sean

message 2: by Katy (new)

Katy (katyas-69) | 603 comments I'll happily give it a read/review. I have about 2 - 3 weeks worth to go through to get to it, but then I'll definitely let you know what I think!

message 3: by Amy Eye (new)

Amy Eye | 1841 comments Mod
I love the cover on this, where did it come from?

message 4: by Sean (new)

Sean Ahern | 2 comments Thank you to you both. The cover is a drawing I made despite the fact that I have very minimal drawing experience. It's a totem pole with a basketball hoop for a head.

message 5: by Amy Eye (new)

Amy Eye | 1841 comments Mod
I thought it looked 'homemade' that is why I liked it so much!