Angels and Fallen Angels discussion

Author's Corner > AUTHORS: If you've written a book about angels...Please tell us about it here!!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 74 (74 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Colleen (new)

Colleen | 432 comments Mod
Author's....If you've written a book about angels, please feel free to tell us about it here.

message 2: by Debra (new)

Debra Anastasia (debraanastasia) | 11 comments Hey Colleen!

This corner looks great!

My book summary is:

How does a foul-mouthed angel end up as the last hope for all of Heaven and Earth?

When Seraph Emma is maimed and tossed from Heaven by a rogue angel who's taken charge, she fears she'll never be allowed to return. Tasked with the impossible job of showing the self-loathing (and not even human!) Jason his worth, Emma is sure she's doomed to fail.

Meanwhile, having wormed his way into Heaven, the corrupt Everett has trapped God in Hell and has designs on unleashing evil everywhere. Fortunately, if there's one thing Emma can't do (in addition to minding her language), it's give up. Determined to save Jason and get back to Heaven-even if it means going to Hell-Emma's plan is simple yet impossible: trick the Devil to save God.

What she doesn't count on is the devotion and, well, humanity she finds in Jason; the spirit, hidden compassion, and raw sex appeal within the Devil; and the vulnerability of her own heart. With the help of two unlikely allies, she'll wage the battle for Heaven. But will Emma be sidetracked by a new sort of heaven along the way?

What's truly more dangerous? Falling from Heaven, or falling in love?

Thanks again! I'm having a ball here as a goodreads author! Crushed Seraphim  by Debra Anastasia

message 3: by Colleen (last edited Jun 26, 2011 10:37AM) (new)

Debra, thanks for posting the review of your book Crushed Seraphim on here. I saw that you also have a trailer for the book. If you are able to post the trailer here, please do. Otherwise, for everyone else, you can see the trailer for the book on the author's goodreads page.

message 4: by Debra (new)

Debra Anastasia (debraanastasia) | 11 comments Thanks! I love the song on the trailer, Ron Pope rocks. I will add the link and let's see what Goodreads does with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oifs13...

message 5: by Dory (new)

Dory (dory662) | 10 comments I bought this book last night for my Kindle and so far I really like it. I'm already at the halfway point and am finding it hard to put down.

message 6: by Debra (last edited Jun 27, 2011 08:20AM) (new)

Debra Anastasia (debraanastasia) | 11 comments Dory wrote: "I bought this book last night for my Kindle and so far I really like it. I'm already at the halfway point and am finding it hard to put down."

Oh Dory, I'm excited. I hope you like it all the way through. It is book one of two! (Which I am writing right now!)

message 7: by Dory (new)

Dory (dory662) | 10 comments Debra wrote: "Dory wrote: "I bought this book last night for my Kindle and so far I really like it. I'm already at the halfway point and am finding it hard to put down."

Oh Dory, I'm excited. I hope you like it..."

Debra,

I really enjoyed the book and am looking forward to the second one :)
Thanks for a great read!

message 8: by Susan (new)

Susan (susan87) | 10 comments Debra wrote: "Hey Colleen!

This corner looks great!

My book summary is:

How does a foul-mouthed angel end up as the last hope for all of Heaven and Earth?

When Seraph Emma is maimed and tossed from Heaven ..."

Oh Debra! This one looks good. I've just added it to my TBR shelf.

message 9: by Susan (new)

Susan (susan87) | 10 comments ABITHICA would fit nicely here. Thanks Colleen!

A brief summary:

She's found the love of a lifetime, but there's a catch: the body she inhabits belongs to another. How much change can one soul endure? It would help if she knew what she was or even how such a thing was possible. The one thing she does know is that God has a sense of humor where she's concerned. Why else would He continue to place her in one host body after another without warning or a clear memory of previous switches? Abithica's responsibility is to repair her host's lives while they take a back seat. To ensure her survival and protection, she vows never to get attached, but this latest switch is different from the start. Abithica breaks all her own rules, and is left with a choice. What will happen if she refuses to leave her host's body? Will love be her downfall or her salvation?

Abithica by Susan Goldsmith

message 10: by Debra (new)

Debra Anastasia (debraanastasia) | 11 comments Dory wrote: "Debra wrote: "Dory wrote: "I bought this book last night for my Kindle and so far I really like it. I'm already at the halfway point and am finding it hard to put down."

Oh Dory, I'm excited. I ho..."

Dory, thank you so very much for taking the time to read it. I'm so very glad you liked it. I'm hard at work on the sequel.

message 11: by Debra (new)

Debra Anastasia (debraanastasia) | 11 comments Susan wrote: "Debra wrote: "Hey Colleen!

This corner looks great!

My book summary is:

When Seraph Emma is maimed a..."

Hey Susan! I'm so excited for you to read it. (P.s. Satan looks like Johnny Depp in my head) ;)

message 12: by Debra (new)

Debra Anastasia (debraanastasia) | 11 comments Susan wrote: "ABITHICA would fit nicely here. Thanks Colleen!

A brief summary:

She's found the love of a lifetime, but there's a catch: the body she inhabits belongs to another. How much change can one so..."

Susan! That looks wonderful. I'll put it on my to read list as well!!

message 13: by Colleen (new)

HI everyone,

As an addition to the Authors corner, I am going to start setting up separate discussions for authors and their books so you can have discussions with specific authors about specific books.

So members.....if there are authors you want me to contact (providing they are on goodreads) and set up a specific discussion thread for them, just let me know. I'd be happy to do it.

Also, authors...if you want me to set up a discussion thread for you, just let me know.

message 14: by Scarlet (new)

Scarlet Black | 23 comments I wrote "Salem Moon," a paranormal/romance/suspense. You can look up the book on Goodreads. The novel takes place in Salem, Mass and mixes it's rich history, past and present with fictional characters. storyline. The villain is an evil, yet beautifully seductive Fallen Angel named Lucien. Full description of the book is there. The reviews are also there. I guarantee, you will not be disappointed in this complex, tight plot and splendid characters. Oh, but Lucien is a special treat!

message 15: by Colleen (new)

Scarlet wrote: "I wrote "Salem Moon," a paranormal/romance/suspense. You can look up the book on Goodreads. The novel takes place in Salem, Mass and mixes it's rich history, past and present with fictional charact..."

That sounds like a great book, I'll add it to the bookshelf. Would it be ok if I set up a Q&A discussion thread for you under the authors corner so that when others read your book, they can ask you questions?

message 16: by Scarlet (new)

Scarlet Black | 23 comments Colleen wrote: "Scarlet wrote: "I wrote "Salem Moon," a paranormal/romance/suspense. You can look up the book on Goodreads. The novel takes place in Salem, Mass and mixes it's rich history, past and present with f..."

Thanks! Yes, by all means! Q&A will be great. I sent you a message and confirmed you as a friend as well!

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 143 comments Great idea, Colleen!

message 18: by Darby (new)

Darby Karchut Colleen, thanks again for inviting me here. Below is the summary for GRIFFIN RISING:

For centuries, rumors have abounded of a lowly caste of supernatural beings known as the Terrae Angeli. Armed with the power to control Earth, Fire, Wind and Water, these warriors secretly serve as guardians for mortals in danger.

But for one young angel-in-training, Griffin, life is hell as a cruel master makes his apprenticeship a nightmare. On the verge of failing, a new mentor, Basil, enters his life and changes it forever.

Taking on the identity of father and son, Griffin and Basil forge a special bond where honesty and trust go hand in hand to secure Griffin’s destiny as a Terrae Angeli. Griffin’s belief in himself and the love of a mortal girl are the perfect combination in overcoming the darkest days of his life. But will it be enough for him to succeed?

For Griffin, it’s time to angel up.

message 19: by T.C. (new)

T.C. Booth (tcbooth) | 7 comments Hi Colleen. Here is a summary of my story "Mystified".
Sixteen-year-old Erin Colley is both shocked and enchanted to learn she has the attention of a star football player at her school named Tommy. The excitement of Erin's new relationship with Tommy begins to change, however. She feels conflicted in the difference of his circle in comparison to hers. This clash of personalities proves to be minor in face of the collision she has yet to stumble upon.

Erin has encounters with a mysterious boy, Gabe, who seems to show up when she needs help. With each encounter Erin grows more enthralled with him and his dreamy blue eyes. She realizes that these are the eyes that appear at the end of a reoccurring dream of hers.

Gabe reveals to Erin his identity as her protector. He is an angel that is drawn to her due to Erin's spiritual sensitivy, a gift Erin did not know she possessed. Erin connects with him in a way that she has not with anyone else and does not want to give that up. The problem is that Gabe cannot continue to coexist in both the physical and spiritual world. He needs to remain faithful to his true purpose as her protector in the spiritual realm.

The two worlds collide as Erin becomes increasingly aware of the sensitivy she has. Erin learns how to use her gift for the good despite the heartbreak she feels due to her longing to be with Gabe. How is it that the very gift that drew her to Gabe eventually leads her back Tommy?

Erin's intense connection to Gabe and all it entails leaves her mystified.

http://www.wix.com/tboot7/tcbooth#!my...

message 20: by Colleen (new)

TC wrote: "Hi Colleen. Here is a summary of my story "Mystified".
Sixteen-year-old Erin Colley is both shocked and enchanted to learn she has the attention of a star football player at her school named Tom..."

Sounds great...I can't wait to read it :)

message 21: by D.R. (new)

D.R. Mayes (DRMayes) | 8 comments Hi,
Here is the summary of my novel "The Last Shaman"

In the rugged Appalachia Mountains of eastern Kentucky, a spiritual battle is underway. Not Baptist against Protestant or Catholic against Lutheran but creation against chaos. An evil older than mankind lies undetected from civilization and prying eyes protected by the vast mountains and the superstition of the inhabitants. Smug in the knowledge that modern religion is in turmoil with sex scandals, politics, and betrayal, the evil is virtually unchallenged as their time draws near. The mass populace has lost faith in religion and God but a bloodline and an old mans prophecy are the only obstacle to total victory. At the height of this struggle, four people are drawn together by an unseen hand.

Ray Hayes is a man that abandoned this region, his heritage, and his wife and daughter for a life of recognition, vanity, and corporate acceptance. He is the first player in a life and death battle that has played out many times in these mountains and other remote areas around the globe. Unable to stop the horrific nightmares of demons and his grandfather, he comes back to the place of his birth only to find himself blessed and cursed in a struggle as ancient as the mountains he loathes.

Three young girls will forever change his life as they join Ray in the mountains. One a resident of Montana who calls herself Jet, is a beautiful and charming twenty five year old mother of one with a desire to fulfill her destiny, another is a twenty one year old Pennsylvania outcast named Annie who is a streetwise reformed heroine addict with a huge debt to repay, and Faith, a four year old child of the mountains who holds the power of God in her hands. Four people join forces in a shaky alliance but a secret hidden in the past ties them together forever and nearly destroys them as they come to grips with each other and a heavenly decree. This love hate relationship drives them to battle each other and their spiritual beliefs in an effort to save a four-year-old child from hell itself, the dark angels known as the Watchers.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/DR-May...

message 22: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Weinstein (rweinstein6) | 8 comments This is about my YA novel, Seraphim.

Serafina Jones had an ordinary life until she met the new transfer student, Michael. Now her world's been turned upside down as she struggles to find her own identity as well as discover Michael's. When tensions arise at home and around the country, Michael may be able to ease them...or could he have been the cause? To Serafina he seems so perfect, but could Michael really be too good to be true?

Several parts of this book were based on real experiences. I'm going to post on them in that specific thread.

message 23: by Colleen (new)

Rebecca wrote: "This is about my YA novel, Seraphim.

Serafina Jones had an ordinary life until she met the new transfer student, Michael. Now her world's been turned upside down as she struggles to find her own..."

Rebecca, I'd love to hear about the real experiences. Please post them under the angel experience thread.

I placed your book under our group bookshelf.

Also, would it be ok if I set up a Q&A discussion thread for you? This way when members ask you questions about your book you will notified by email.

message 24: by Richard (last edited Jul 17, 2011 03:36AM) (new)

Richard Farnsworth | 13 comments Hey Collen,

Succumbing to Gravity by Richard Farnsworth This is a great forum for fans of angel-fiction.

My novel, Succumbing to Gravity, was published last year and features a very flawed fallen angel. I took a very different take, the tale being a little darker than most of the others here. This is the blurb:

"Greg used to be an angel, but that was an eternity ago. Back when he was Araqiel, part of the celestial chorus. Back before he gave in to his temptations.
Before he fell.
Now he roams the wet streets of a hopeless city, feeding his addictions and punishing himself for sins that cannot be forgiven. But when a desperate girl and a host of vengeful demons cross his path, Greg must choose between redemption and damnation. For him, the two may not be so different."

It has garnered some nice reviews, would love for you all to have a look.

Thanks,
Rick
Richard Farnsworth
http://genuineapocrypha.blogspot.com/
Succumbing to Gravity

message 25: by Chris (last edited Jul 17, 2011 09:01AM) (new)

Chris Hackett | 5 comments Hi everyone,

If you'd like you can check out my angel fiction: The Observer. I have a very different view/twist on angels in it, and the result is more sci-fi than fantasy.

The Observer by Chris Hackett

It has a few nice reviews and I'd love to gain some more fans!

Chris

message 26: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Weinstein (rweinstein6) | 8 comments Colleen,
Sure thing! And thanks.

message 27: by Colleen (new)

Rebecca wrote: "Colleen,
Sure thing! And thanks."

OK Rebecca, I set up the Q&A discussion link for you. All you have to do is find your link and leave a quick note and then when one of our members asks you a question, you will be emailed.
Thanks

message 28: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Weinstein (rweinstein6) | 8 comments Colleen,
Okay, no problem.

message 29: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (rebecca_lim) | 4 comments Hi Colleen - thanks for setting up this group! I'm Rebecca Lim, author of "Mercy" and "Exile". Please feel free to send me any questions or comments here. I'll try and get back to you as quickly as I can (deadlines allowing)

message 30: by Colleen (new)

Rebecca wrote: "Hi Colleen - thanks for setting up this group! I'm Rebecca Lim, author of "Mercy" and "Exile". Please feel free to send me any questions or comments here. I'll try and get back to you as quickly as..."

Rebecca,

Thanks so much for joining us. Actually if you don't mind I would like to set up a Q&A link in the authors corner instead of here, its easier for the members to find the authors and books. I'll set up your Q&A link after this note. All you have to do is find your link and leave a quick message and then when members ask you questions, you will be emailed. Thanks again for joining our group. We sincerely appreciate it!

message 31: by Colleen (new)

Sorry, to clarify, this discussion thread is also under Authors corner, but I have a whole separate one for just you. Find that one, it says, (Q&A with Rebecca Lim author of MERCY) and leave a comment there. (I re read my note an felt it was confusing)

message 32: by Mary (new)

Mary Stanton | 3 comments Hi Colleen! I guess I will toss my hat in the ring and let everyone know that Angel Condemned, the fifth novel in my Beaufort & Company Mystery series will be published November 1 by Berkley Prime Crime.

The starred review I got from Publisher's Weekly for the first book, Defending Angels, is a good introduction to the series:

"A unique angle and smart plotting highlight the launch of Stanton's Beaufort & Company paranormal mystery series. After inheriting her uncle's Savannah, Ga., law practice, Bree Winston-Beaufort gets a call from Benjamin Skinner, a despised—and deceased—billionaire. Bree, thrust into the mysterious world of Celestial Law, agrees to represent the late Mr. Skinner before the Celestial Court, where he is on trial for greed. A cast of colorful and imaginative characters, including handsome, annoying PI Gabriel Striker, support her as she searches for witnesses to Skinner's rare altruism and untimely death. Stanton (A Taste for Murder and others as Claudia Bishop) balances the pace skillfully, seamlessly weaving Bree's bewildering supernatural experiences into her investigation. Engaging and charismatic, angel's advocate Bree will be a breath of fresh air for fans of paranormal cozy mysteries."

Here's the book trailer on YouTube.

I would love a chance to answer questions about the series, so if you can set up a Q&A thread, I'd really appreciate it, thanks!

Mary

Angel Condemned (Beaufort & Company Mystery, #5) by Mary Stanton
Angel Condemned

message 33: by Laura (new)

Laura Lee Hi, my book is called Angel.
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12...

I was surprised to find such an active group on angel themed book. The angel of my book is more of a metaphorical angel-- although, who knows.

It's funny after you write a book in a kind of isolation, you later find out that what you were writing about is a "thing."

message 34: by Colleen (new)

Mary,

It's so awesome to have you here! I will set up the Q&A thread right after this note. All you need to do is find your thread and leave a note and when members make comments or ask questions, you will be notified by email.

message 35: by Mary (new)

Mary Stanton | 3 comments Colleen wrote: "Mary,

It's so awesome to have you here! I will set up the Q&A thread right after this note. All you need to do is find your thread and leave a note and when members make comments or ask quest..."

Thank you very much, Colleen!

message 36: by P.H. (new)

P.H. Dillard (Cylence) | 3 comments Hello. I'm new to the site, heard about it through Amanda Hockings blog. I'm always interested in meeting fellow lovers of vamps and weirdness in general. So far I'm enjoying my experience here. Anyway, I just published a fallen angel novella you guys might be interested in. Its free on my smashwords. Check it out, and let me know what you think.Thanks for your time! https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

message 37: by Colleen (new)

Thanks so much P.H., We'll check it out :)

message 38: by P.H. (new)

P.H. Dillard (Cylence) | 3 comments much appreciated!

message 39: by Linda (new)

Linda Poitevin | 9 comments Hello, Colleen,

Just found this group by way of Kevin Hearne (I knew I should've friended him sooner!) and am thrilled to find such an active group centered around angels/fallen angels.

I thought I would let you know about my dark urban fantasy, SINS OF THE ANGELS, released by Ace (Penguin) last week. First in the Grigori Legacy series, the book follows a serial killer who is a fallen angel, the homicide detective who is tracking him, and the hunter sent by heaven to capture him. In the series, heaven and hell are real, God is a woman (and you get to meet her), and questions such as "why do bad things happen to good people" are asked...and answered. Book 2, Sins of the Son is set for release in March.

I hope you'll check it out!

Warmly,
Linda

Sins of the Angels

message 40: by P.A. (new)

P.A. (paminyard) | 8 comments The Beloved has been uploaded and you're welcome to check it out.

Enjoy!
P.A. Minyard

message 41: by Colleen (new)

HI Linda and welcome to our group! I'll have to thank Kevin for sending you our way. Would you like me to set you up with a Q&A discussion link in the authors corner?

You're book looks awesome, can't wait to check it out :)

message 42: by Colleen (new)

P.A. wrote: "The Beloved has been uploaded and you're welcome to check it out.

Enjoy!
P.A. Minyard"

Thanks P.A :D

message 43: by Linda (new)

Linda Poitevin | 9 comments Colleen wrote: "HI Linda and welcome to our group! I'll have to thank Kevin for sending you our way. Would you like me to set you up with a Q&A discussion link in the authors corner?

You're book looks awesome..."

Thanks so much, Colleen! I'd love to do a Q&A , but let's maybe hold off for a while...perhaps closer to the release of the second book in March? I think we'll have more participants then, which always makes for a livelier discussion. ;)

Looking forward to being a part of the group!

Warmly,
Linda

message 44: by Colleen (new)

OK, great Linda. Please remind us when your book comes out in March, we'll be looking forward to it :)

message 45: by Linda (new)

Linda Poitevin | 9 comments Will do, Colleen -- thanks! :)

message 46: by P.A. (new)

P.A. (paminyard) | 8 comments Hi Everyone!

I look forward to your questions and comments about my book The Beloved. It's on sale now: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/paminyard

Regards,
P.A.Minyard

message 47: by KaSonndra (new)

KaSonndra Leigh (alestasia) | 2 comments Hi Everyone,

First I'd like to apologize for taking so long to formerly introduce my books to the group. I was so happy to find this group. Actually, another one of my group mates in another group I belong to told me about this one.

My debut novel When Copper Suns Fall is an answer to a question by a person in my writing group? What happens after the apocalyptic war between angels and demons? Do humans just disappear? Were they never even there in the first place? Enter my story.

Here's a synop:

In fifteen-year-old Chela Prizeon’s city, alchemy is forbidden and angels hide among the mortal. With a deadly virus ravaging the globe, Chela’s nightmarish memories compels her to experience a past riddled with gloom, and now her brother is infected.

Chela’s only hope is the Caduceans, slayers sworn to protect the last seven Light Keepers and the ancient memories they share. A group led by the sometimes elusive, sometimes infuriating boy who intrigues Chela. But can she trust this boy with the mysterious past, someone who can influence her memories?

With the Caduceans aid, Chela races to defeat her rivals, to unearth dark family secrets, desperate to find a cure…only to discover the glutovirus is far more than a simple disease.

In this haunting debut, KaSonndra Leigh offers an escape into a world as intriguing as The Mortal Instruments and a story as chilling as Enclave. Full of celestial creatures, fascinating villainy, high-stake choices, and a secret romance, When Copper Suns Fall, is a fresh and original urban fantasy—with a dystopian twist—that will take readers on an unforgettable adventure.

As part of a pre-release promotion with Night Owl Reviews, When Copper Suns Fall has been released early on Amazon. You can find it here: http://www.amazon.com/When-Copper-Sun...
More information about me can be found here: http://www.kasonndraleigh.com

Copper Suns will be available in online stores everywhere on December 6th.
Let me know what you all think!

message 48: by Cris (new)

Cris Debra wrote: "Hey Colleen!

This corner looks great!

My book summary is:

Debra wrote: "Hey Colleen!

This corner looks great!

My book summary is:

Was this originally a fanfiction? Cause I swear I read this story.

message 49: by S.L.J. (new)

S.L.J. (sammyslj) | 16 comments My Series: Blood Heavy will have angels in but they don't show up until the sequel which isn't out yet. :P

message 50: by Colleen (new)

Sammy wrote: "My Series: Blood Heavy will have angels in but they don't show up until the sequel which isn't out yet. :P"

Cool, thanks for letting us know Sammy.

« previous 1