Goodreads Developers discussion

issues with RSS elements

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Giacomo (new)

Giacomo (giacomol) | 5 comments At the moment the "user_read_at" field is basically unformatted, which makes it impossible to use (e.g. if I mark "april 2005" or "may 4th" it will return the same string, 04/05). It would be better to format it as a ISO 8601 (e.g. 2008-09-03), marking the unknown parameters with zeroes (e.g. 0000-05-04, 2005-04-00). I wouldn't use the rfc822 format, as this field is not meant to be displayed anyway.

Also, the RSS doesn't include the number of pages a book has. This would be useful to do statistics (which would be a nice addition to the GR site, but I guess that's on the todo list ;)

(And, to be pedantic, despite using RSS 2.0, you are not namespacing the elements at all...)

message 2: by Zach (new)

Zach (sleptlate) | 2 comments Might give this a try until the dates get better:

http://search.cpan.org/~gbarr/TimeDat...

message 3: by David (new)

David Robins (dbrobins) | 24 comments +1 on including page count and using a consistent standard date format.

message 4: by Michael (new)

Michael Economy (michaeleconomy) we use rfc822 for the 2 other dates, so i'll switch it to that.

So you want the count of the number of pages in the edition that was reveiwed?

message 5: by Giacomo (new)

Giacomo (giacomol) | 5 comments Yes please :)

message 6: by Michael (new)

Michael Economy (michaeleconomy) Not sure when those got added, but they're there now.