The Romance Reviews discussion

Un-active threads > (May '11) TRR reading challenge

Comments (showing 1-50 of 64) (64 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic (last edited Apr 27, 2011 07:46PM) (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic MOTHER MAY I 0/5
BONUS 0/6
Super 0/4

AUTHOR: Using MY Mom's name Shirley Janette. Read an author with the name(s) Shirley or Janette (Janet)
SAY IT: Using the phrase MILF. Find a book with words in the title associated with MILF (Mom I'd like to fuck).
COVER ME: Single female on the cover
CHARACTER: Strong female character (you decide what makes her strong)
THEME: Read a book by a female author you have never read,

Use BOOK TITLES, AUTHOR FIRST/LAST names and FIRST names of characters to complete the phrases below.
BONUS
M
O
T
H
E
R

Super
M
A
Y

I

message 2: by Sassafrass, aka Rho, reader of erotica (new)

Sassafrass (sass-a-frass) | 350 comments Mod
I'm in. I'll add my titles this weekend.

message 3: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic (last edited May 16, 2011 02:50PM) (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic ***reserved list***
Kenjii
Sassy done 5/14 :)
Bridget
Gabrielle
Bronwyn

message 4: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic (last edited May 29, 2011 12:45AM) (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic MOTHER MAY I 2/5
BONUS 2/6
Super 0/4

AUTHOR: Around-the-Clock Protector by Hambright, Jan 5/15
SAY IT: Eyes Like a Wolf
COVER ME
On Cherry Hill by Selena Kitt
CHARACTER: Baumgartner Generations: Janie
THEME: Submission Times Two by Claire Thompson 5/8

BONUS
M
O On Your Knees 5/15
T
H- Heartsick 5/16
E
R

Super
M
A A Hunter's Desires 5/29
Y

I

message 5: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (bekeown) | 126 comments I'm in, as well. Will post when I get home tonight!

message 6: by Sassafrass, aka Rho, reader of erotica (last edited May 05, 2011 04:42AM) (new)

Sassy's May Challenge: Mother May I

Challenge 1/5, Bonus 1/6, Super 1/4

AUTHOR: Jan Springer Edible Delights

SAY IT: Fuck the Foreplay done 5/1/11

COVER ME: Hot For Teacher by Dominique Adair Hot For Teacher

CHARACTER: Binding Ben (FemDom)

THEME: Broken Destiny BethAnn Buehler or Emerald Dungeon Kathy Kulig

BONUS: spell:
M Minding Mistress
O Owned and Owner
T Three done 5/1/11
H Hurt Me So Good
E Emerald Dungeon
R A Red Hot Mess

Super bonus: spell:
M Marissa's Rights done 5/1/11
A Annabel Joseph Caressa’s Knees
Y Amanda Young Reckless Seduction

I An Invitation: Alayna's Training

Unapologetic_Bookaholic REMINDER!!! Please add reviews of romance books to the TRR website, thanks!

message 8: by Bronwyn (last edited Apr 28, 2011 05:30AM) (new)

Bronwyn Rykiert | 140 comments I will look forward to this challenge as well. Can you please give me some ideas for this one - I am not sure what is required?

SAY IT: Using the phrase MILF. Find a book with words in the title associated with MILF (Mom I'd like to fuck).

Thanks

Unapologetic_Bookaholic I had a better explaination but I accidentally deleted the original thread,lol.

EXAMPLE:

You can use the words 'mom', 'i'd', 'like', 'to', 'fuck'.
A couple of 'fuck' titles
Everybody Fucks Raymond
Fuck the Foreplay
Mind Fuck

Or you can use a title that is associated with a MILF such as a descriptive erotica title
She wants it bad

And there is a MILF antho:
The MILF Anthology: Twenty-One Steamy Stories

message 10: by Sassafrass, aka Rho, reader of erotica (new)

In an earlier post, Kenjii, I thought that it said that we could use nicknames such as Jan for your mother's name. I don't see it written up there anymore. Is that still true?

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Yes Sassy that's fine. I accidentally deleted the original post. So nicknames of Shirley Janette (Janet) are fine :)

message 12: by Sassafrass, aka Rho, reader of erotica (new)

THANKS! :D

message 13: by Bronwyn (new)

Bronwyn Rykiert | 140 comments Sizzlin Miss Kenjii wrote: "I had a better explaination but I accidentally deleted the original thread,lol.

EXAMPLE:

You can use the words 'mom', 'i'd', 'like', 'to', 'fuck'.
A couple of 'fuck' titles
[book:Everybody Fucks..."

So we could use a title with any one of these words in it - but not all of them?

message 15: by Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (last edited May 26, 2011 01:53PM) (new)

Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (werewolfgrl1) | 226 comments I'm going to go ahead and post one of my choices since I already thought of it! Going to shoot for the five originals again!

Gabby's May Challenge

Cover Me: A Rush of Wings (The Maker's Song, #1) by Adrian Phoenix Done! 5-24-2011 5/5 Stars!

Unapologetic_Bookaholic @Bronwyn you can use any or all of the words in MILF :) you can use the term MILF if you find a book titled MILF that's fine too.

@Gabrielle nice cover!

message 17: by Bronwyn (new)

Bronwyn Rykiert | 140 comments Sassafrass wrote: "Sassy's May Challenge: Mother May I

Challenge 1/5, Bonus 1/6, Super 1/4

..."

Wow! What a selection of books you have chosen for this month. I'll have to come back and read of these at a later date, when I get through the hardcover books I have here at home.

message 18: by Bronwyn (last edited May 05, 2011 03:22AM) (new)

Bronwyn Rykiert | 140 comments Here's my selection to start with. I may change it if I have to because I get most of my book from the library so I hope I can get a copy of each book soon enough.

AUTHOR: Hot Stuff by Janet Evanovich
SAY IT: Drink, Play, F@#k: One Man's Search for Anything Across Ireland, Las Vegas, and Thailand by Andrew Gottlieb or F My Life: And You Thought You'd Had a Bad Day
COVER ME: Halfway to the Grave by Jeanine Frost - 05/05/11
CHARACTER: Cocaine Blues by Kerry Armstrong
THEME: Applemere Summer by Harriet Hudson

BONUS
M – Cross Your Heart by Michelle Bardsley
O – Out of the Deep I Cry by Julia Spencer-Fleming - audio
T – Kiss of Crimson by Lara Adrian (character Tess Culver)
H – Heartless by Diana Palmer – audio
E – Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert - audio
R – Morrigan's Cross by Nora Roberts - audio

SUPER BONUS

M – Breaking the Governess's Rules – Michelle Styles
A - Hearts in Darknessby Keri Arthur
Y - The Murrumbidgee Kid by Peter Yeldham or More Than a Man (43 Light Street, #34) by Rebecca York

I – Irish Magic: Four Tales of Romance and Enchantment from Four Acclaimed Authors

Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Drink, Play, F@#k One Man's Search for Anything Across Ireland, Las Vegas, and Thailand by Andrew Gottlieb

Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (werewolfgrl1) | 226 comments Sizzlin Miss Kenjii wrote: "@Bronwyn you can use any or all of the words in MILF :) you can use the term MILF if you find a book titled MILF that's fine too.

@Gabrielle nice cover!"

@Misskenjii, thanks! Just to clarify, so if you find a word in the the term MILF in the book title your using then it counts?

message 20: by Sassafrass, aka Rho, reader of erotica (new)

Gabrielle, from how I read it, it counts.

@Bronwyn, I'm also doing a BDSM challenge in another group, so I've got some interesting titles that I've used for this challenge as well! LOL

Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (werewolfgrl1) | 226 comments Cool! Thanks Sassy!

message 22: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (bekeown) | 126 comments Okie Dokie, here's a start. Since I don't seem to have the wherewithall to plan my reads, I'm going to update as I do this month and see how it works out...

MOTHER MAY I 0/5
BONUS 1/6
Super 0/4

AUTHOR:
SAY IT:
COVER ME: Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #4) by Chloe Neill
CHARACTER:
THEME: His Every Kiss (Guilty Series, #2) by Laura Lee Guhrke His Every Kiss by Laura Lee Guhrke

BONUS
M: Mirrorlight by Jill Myles Mirrorlight *****
O
T: Tell Me You Want Me by Amelia JamesTell Me You Want Me
H: Heart of Gold by Laurel NataleHeart of Gold
E
R

Super
M: The Mitchell Money (The Martinson Ranch) by Sue Fineman The Mitchell Money
A
Y

I

message 23: by Sassafrass, aka Rho, reader of erotica (last edited May 05, 2011 04:42AM) (new)

Challenge 2/5, Bonus 2/6, Super 1/4

THEME: Broken Destiny BethAnn Buehler done 5/2/11

M Minding Mistress
O Owned and Owner
T Three done 5/1/11
H Hurt Me So Good
E Emerald Dungeon
R A Red Hot Mess done 5/4/11

Unapologetic_Bookaholic @Bridget sounds good
@Sassy wtg, you are on a roll!

message 25: by Bronwyn (new)

Bronwyn Rykiert | 140 comments Gabrielle ~ Bhlack Benehvolence ~ wrote: "I'm going to go ahead and post one of my choices since I already thought of it! Going to shoot for the five originals again!

Gabby's May Challenge
I love this series. Dante is just a special character. I hope you enjoy the book.

Cover Me: A Rush of Wings (The Maker's Song, #1) by Adrian Phoenix "

Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (werewolfgrl1) | 226 comments Oh yeah, I'm liking him already and I'm only on ch. 7. I'm definitely feeling some major sympathy for this poor guy.

message 27: by Sassafrass, aka Rho, reader of erotica (new)

Challenge 2/5, Bonus 3/6, Super 1/4

M Minding Mistress
O Owned and Owner
T Three done 5/1/11
H Hurt Me So Good
E Emerald Dungeon done 5/4/11

message 28: by Bridget (last edited May 05, 2011 09:51AM) (new)

Bridget (bekeown) | 126 comments Gabrielle ~ Bhlack Benehvolence ~ wrote: "Oh yeah, I'm liking him already and I'm only on ch. 7. I'm definitely feeling some major sympathy for this poor guy."

I've been addicted to this series and just finished the latest one Etched in Bone. It gets a little angsty at times, but Dante is definitely on the short list of my favorite characters. Hope you enjoy, too!

Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (werewolfgrl1) | 226 comments Bridget wrote: "Gabrielle ~ Bhlack Benehvolence ~ wrote: "Oh yeah, I'm liking him already and I'm only on ch. 7. I'm definitely feeling some major sympathy for this poor guy."

I've been addicted to this serie..."

I'm sure I will Bridget, I've been trying to successfully read an Urban Fantasy novel for a long time now and it seems like I might actually do it this time.

message 30: by Sassafrass, aka Rho, reader of erotica (new)

you guys are talking about this series so much I've put it in my TBR!

Unapologetic_Bookaholic I favorite urban fantasy romance has been the Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost. Cat and Bones are so good!

message 32: by Sassafrass, aka Rho, reader of erotica (new)

Sizzlin Miss Kenjii wrote: "I favorite urban fantasy romance has been the Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost. Cat and Bones are so good!"

I love Cat and bones! I've read everyone of those in the series. I haven't started on the Night Huntress World books though.

Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (werewolfgrl1) | 226 comments Sizzlin Miss Kenjii wrote: "I favorite urban fantasy romance has been the Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost. Cat and Bones are so good!"

I've heard really good things about that series too but I haven't read any of those books either.

message 34: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic (last edited May 06, 2011 02:42PM) (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic @Sassy I only rated NHW book 1 a three. It's great bc Jeaniene Frost is a great writer. But bc the main characters are secondary characters they just did not have the star power that Cat and Bones have.

I have not been reading PNR so I have not read the latest release for NH! I continue to reread the series though bc I DO love Cat and Bones forever :)

message 35: by Sassafrass, aka Rho, reader of erotica (new)

Kenjii, I loved 5 but others didn't like it. I just love the way Cat and Bones work together. they are such a great team. and bones just does it for me. :)

message 36: by Sassafrass, aka Rho, reader of erotica (last edited May 10, 2011 10:36AM) (new)

Challenge 5/5, Bonus 5/6, Super 4/4

AUTHOR: Jan Springer Edible Delights done 5/8/11

COVER ME: Seducing Jane Porter (Jane Porter, #1) by Dominique Adair Seducing Jane Porter done 5/7/11

CHARACTER: Binding Ben (FemDom) done 5/7/11

M Minding Mistress done 5/8/11
O Owned and Owner
T Three done 5/1/11
H Hidden done 5/6/11

A Annabel Joseph Caressa’s Knees done 5/7/11
Y Amanda Young Reckless Seduction done 5/8/11

I An Invitation: Alayna's Training done 5/10/11

message 37: by Bronwyn (last edited May 10, 2011 08:39PM) (new)

Bronwyn Rykiert | 140 comments Sassafrass wrote: "Sassy's May Challenge: Mother May I

I can't believe how fast you got through this challenge, it seems you have done nothing else but read, I wish. Congrats

message 38: by Sassafrass, aka Rho, reader of erotica (last edited May 11, 2011 03:36AM) (new)

Bronwyn wrote: "Sassafrass wrote: "Sassy's May Challenge: Mother May I

I can't believe how fast you got through this challenge, it seems you have done nothing else but read, I wish. Congrats"

LMAO! Yeah right! If I did that, I could read 5 books a day probably. I read VERY fast is all. But, I work 30 hours per week, have 2 kids (4 and 7), and a DH. I have been used to very little sleep, so I'm able to read when everyone else is in bed.

Also, 6 of these books were for review on TRR so I did them first.

message 39: by Sassafrass, aka Rho, reader of erotica (new)

Challenge 5/5, Bonus 6/6, Super 4/4

AUTHOR: Jan Springer Edible Delights done 5/8/11

COVER ME: Seducing Jane Porter (Jane Porter, #1) by Dominique Adair Seducing Jane Porter done 5/7/11

CHARACTER: Binding Ben (FemDom) done 5/7/11

M Minding Mistress done 5/8/11
O Owned and Owner done 5/14/11
T Three done 5/1/11
H Hidden done 5/6/11

A Annabel Joseph Caressa’s Knees done 5/7/11
Y Amanda Young Reckless Seduction done 5/8/11

I An Invitation: Alayna's Training done 5/10/11

message 40: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (bekeown) | 126 comments I hope it's alright if I used another book by "The Author I Haven't Read Before"...I couldn't stop at just one! If not, I'll trade it out for something else, but I added it here for now... :)

MOTHER MAY I 2/5
BONUS 3/6
Super 1/4

AUTHOR:
SAY IT:
COVER ME: Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #4) by Chloe Neill Hard Bitten *****
CHARACTER: Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) by Michelle Rowen (Currently reading)
THEME: His Every Kiss (Guilty Series, #2) by Laura Lee Guhrke His Every Kiss by Laura Lee Guhrke******

BONUS
M: Mirrorlight by Jill Myles Mirrorlight *****
O: Lover's Betrayal by J.E. HopkinsLover's Betrayal Character: Olivia
T: Tell Me You Want Me by Amelia James Tell Me You Want Me ****
H: Heart of Gold by Laurel NataleHeart of Gold
E: And Then He Kissed Her (Girl Bachelors, #1) by Laura Lee Guhrke And Then He Kissed Her Character: Emma*****
R:

Super
M: The Mitchell Money (The Martinson Ranch) by Sue Fineman The Mitchell Money
A: Fighting Evil Fighting Evil by Mary Abshire (Currently Reading)
Y: Scandal at the Farmhouse by Cody Young Scandal at the Farmhouse by Cody Young****

I:

message 41: by Sassafrass, aka Rho, reader of erotica (new)

great job, Bridget!

Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (werewolfgrl1) | 226 comments Ok I had a quick question about Adrian Phoenix's A Rush of Wings.

Did anyone else get a little confused the first time they read this book? I'm really liking it so far but bits and pieces of it are kind of confusing me.

message 43: by Bronwyn (new)

Bronwyn Rykiert | 140 comments Gabrielle ~ Bhlack Benehvolence ~ wrote: "Ok I had a quick question about Adrian Phoenix's A Rush of Wings.

Did anyone else get a little confused the first time they read this book? I'm really liking it so far but bits and pieces of it ar..."

Yes I did find it confusing but it does pan out and do get to understand the story line. I would actually like to read the series again but with so many other books around I probably won't. Enjoy

message 44: by Bronwyn (last edited May 28, 2011 10:21PM) (new)

Bronwyn Rykiert | 140 comments Here is an update for this challenge, I am going slow at it again but I am enjoying reading what I can fit in.

Here's an update on my challenge.

Update number 2 to this challenge -

Challenge 5/5 ; Bonus 5/6 : Super 2/4 = 12/15

AUTHOR: Hot Stuff by Janet Evanovich - 5* 29/05/11
SAY IT: Fuck my life and You Thought You'd Had a Bad Day by Maxime Valette - 2* 18/05/11
COVER ME: Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost 4* 05/05/11
CHARACTER: Cocaine Blues (Phryne Fisher, #1) by Kerry Greenwood - audio - 23/05/11
THEME: To Love, Honour and Betray (Till Divorce Us Do Part) by Kathy Lette - audio 3* 26/05/11

BONUS:
M - Cross Your Heart (Broken Heart Vampires, #7) by Michele Bardsley
O - Bush Oranges by Kay Donovan - 3* 26/05/11
T - Kiss of Crimson (Midnight Breed, #2) by Lara Adrian - Character Tess Culver - 5* 11/05/11
H - Heartless by Diana Palmer - audio - 3* 7/05/11
E - Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert - audio - 4* 07/05/11
R - Morrigan's Cross (Circle Trilogy, #1) by Nora Roberts - audio - 5* 18/05/11

SUPER BONUS

M - Be With Me by Maya Banks - 20/05/11
A - Hearts in Darkness (Nikki & Michael, #2) by Keri Arthur - currently reading
Y - The Murrumbidgee Kid by Peter Yeldham - audio - 4* 19/05/11

I - Ice Cold (Jane Rizzoli & Maura Isles, #8) by Tess Gerritsen - audio - currently reading

message 45: by Sassafrass, aka Rho, reader of erotica (new)

Moving right along, Bronwyn! Keep it Up!!

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Great job Bridget and Bronwyn :) !

message 47: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (bekeown) | 126 comments Gabrielle ~ Bhlack Benehvolence ~ wrote: "Ok I had a quick question about Adrian Phoenix's A Rush of Wings.

Did anyone else get a little confused the first time they read this book? I'm really liking it so far but bits and pieces of it ar..."

Yup. The number of characters only increases as the series evolves, but as long as you can remember who's "bad" and who's "good", it will begin to fall into place. :)

Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (werewolfgrl1) | 226 comments Glad to know I'm not the only one that got a little confused, it's mostly that E guy and that sorry excuse for a journalist that are confusing me/

Thanks Bronwyn and Bridget!

message 49: by Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (last edited May 20, 2011 12:17AM) (new)

Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (werewolfgrl1) | 226 comments This a little off topic here but I didn't know where I should put it category wise.

I was just curious has anyone read either one of the books in Ms. Phoenix's Hoodoo series yet? Because I think I found an author and a series that I could really like!

message 50: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (bekeown) | 126 comments Gabrielle ~ Bhlack Benehvolence ~ wrote:...I was just curious has anyone read either one of the books in Ms. Phoenix's Hoodoo series yet? Because I think I..."

I read the first one when it came out and really enjoyed it. We bounce from character to character as with the Maker's Song series, but there isn't as much going on, so I found it much easier to follow. And while there is plenty of serious stuff in these, as well, her sense of the sublimely absurd is allowed to come out a bit more (see Augustine and the wet boxer contest...)
Hoping the second has a bit more of the mysterious hero in it, as I don't feel like I know him too well as yet. But I highly recommend it--it's a perfect summer read.

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

On Cherry Hill (other topics)
Eyes Like a Wolf (other topics)
Baumgartner Generations: Janie (other topics)
Mind Fuck (other topics)
Fuck the Foreplay (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Annabel Joseph (other topics)
BethAnn Buehler (other topics)
Kathy Kulig (other topics)
Amanda Young (other topics)
Jan Springer (other topics)
More...