Harry Potter discussion

Characters > The Weasleys

Comments Showing 1-50 of 87 (87 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Mandy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:51PM) (new)

Mandy | 10 comments Who is YOUR favorite character in the Weasley family?

message 2: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:51PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments That is really hard. I really like all of them. I don't think I could choose. Ron, Fred, George, and Ginny all tie. Percy comes in last though, even though he came back in the end, I still don't care to much for him.

message 3: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:51PM) (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) My favorite Weasley is the mother.

message 4: by Peng (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:52PM) (new)

Peng | 317 comments all of them!!!! even charlie and bill who harry really didn't know very well but attended to him in the goblet of fire. but gred & feorge would be the best!

message 5: by kristel (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:52PM) (new)

kristel ting | 17 comments fred and george!!! ^_^

message 6: by Rachel (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:52PM) (new)

Rachel i love molly! she's so funny and such a mom. just love her!

message 7: by Tracey (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:52PM) (new)

Tracey definitely Ron, because i can relate to how he was feeling in Deathly Hallows. i was so glad that he came back and destroyed the horcrux after pulling Harry from the water. and i really liked how he was starting to come into his own in this part of the story...how confident he was becoming.

in an extremely close 2nd place, i'd pick Molly, if for no other reason than the *fierce* love she showed her family, especially when she battled Bellatrix.

message 8: by Alice (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:52PM) (new)

Alice Gold (alicewgold) I definitely love Mrs. Weasley...she opitimizes all that is right and good about stay home moms!

I absolutely abhorred the fact that she said the B**** word at the end of Book 7!

message 9: by Tara (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:52PM) (new)

Tara (tara_n) | 83 comments Molly Weasley! I LOVE her! I think whenever I read any scene with her in it, I spent the whole scene laughing or smiling from ear to ear. She's fabulous! I especially loved when she sent the howler letter to Ron after him and Harry took the car! That was even better in the movie. I forget the name of the actress who played Molly, but she was cast so well!

In a 3 way tie for second I'm going with Ron, George and Fred.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

It's a tie between Percy and Molly. (I know I'm in the minority with liking Percy, but I always have. Even though he's a bit of a git...)

message 11: by Tam (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:53PM) (new)

Tam (lightinthesky) | 2 comments definitely fred and george... they're sooo funny and you just have to love that relationship between the two

message 12: by Kenzie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:51PM) (new)

Kenzie Ginny, she has spunk. Her bat-bogey hex rocks!

message 13: by ★Lalita ❤︎ (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:52PM) (new)

★Lalita ❤︎ (lalita) I love Molly. She's definitely the glue that holds that crazy family together. She's got spunk and I think she's so funny. They're all great though and I like Ginny too:)

message 14: by Taylor S (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:08PM) (new)

Taylor S | 118 comments Arthur. He is so funny with his love of Muggles. I love the one line in book 6 where he and Mrs. Weasley are arguing about letting him into the house. She asks him the question about his greates ambition and he says "To fins out how aeroplanes stay up." That is a great line. I also like Ginny, which seems to be a majority of everybody.

message 15: by Jenna (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:08PM) (new)

Jenna (jentobox) | 16 comments Fred and George all the way! I totally had crushes on them. I was heartbroken when reading the 7th book. I wish Rowling would have just killed them both or let the two live together. I can't imagine how George lived the rest of his life without his partner in crime.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

It's a tie... Fred George and Molly. I love molly because I am a stay at home mom and I can totally relate to her. I love the twins because they are just so full of spunk and they enjoy life no matter what is going on in the world. I don't like Ginny because she gets with Harry... end of story.

message 17: by Zoab (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:08PM) (new)

Zoab Kapoor Fred, George and Ron.

message 18: by Elnaz (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:09PM) (new)

Elnaz | 20 comments I like twin beacuse they are very very exciting.
I to enjoyed when they escaped from school. beacuse I to hate ambrig

message 19: by Tess (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:12PM) (new)

Tess | 134 comments all of them (even percy)
:)

message 20: by Santh (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:18PM) (new)

Santh memories (santhmemories) | 2 comments it's a difficult question, weasleys are splendid!
especially fred and george, but ron is the most
^_^

message 21: by Allie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:19PM) (new)

Allie | 76 comments propably George and fred, or ginny, or ron, or molly, or arthur,....or I can't decide!!!:P

message 22: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (jamessangel) | 18 comments Definitely Molly. She reminds me so much of my best friend's mom that I can't help but smile when I read her scenes.

I wasn't crazy about her cursing in the last book either, but I can see the contrast J.K. was trying to make. Molly is fiercely protective of the people she loves and losing a child only intensifies that.

message 23: by Isabel Jazmín (new)

Isabel Jazmín | 3 comments The twins! They are so funny and so brave...

message 24: by Zoab (new)

Zoab Kapoor Fred and George. They're SO hilarious.

message 25: by Anna (new)

Anna (lilfox) Fred & George and Ginny

message 26: by Amira (new)

Amira (liightningbolt) | 18 comments Molly is pretty cool for a mother. What's the infamous quote? "Not my daughter, bitch!" Legend. And of course Ron is epic, too.

message 27: by Annalisa (new)

Annalisa (goodreadsannalisa) In order my top 5: Ron, George, Fred, Molly, Ginny

message 28: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments MOLLY. She's loving, and she kicks ass!

message 29: by Lorna (new)

Lorna BILL! I have a crush on Bill ;)

message 30: by Pandy, "It unscrews the other way." (last edited Jun 15, 2009 08:25AM) (new)

Pandy | 1575 comments Mod
My first four favorites in order:

1. Ron
2. Molly
3. Arthur
4. Ginny

message 31: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Nikka (hannahashworth) It HAS to be Fred & George!!!!
I have an autographed picture of James & Oliver Phelps(the actors who play them)!!!!

message 32: by Kendall Anne (new)

Kendall Anne (dance4life) | 84 comments Fred and George!!!!

message 33: by Emily (new)

Emily Fred, George and Ron are my favorites. I can't stand Molly. :^p

message 34: by Pandy, "It unscrews the other way." (new)

Pandy | 1575 comments Mod
Really? I love Molly.

message 35: by Carly (new)

Carly | 258 comments Fred and George they are so funny

message 36: by Emily (new)

Emily Pandy wrote: "Really? I love Molly."

I seem to be in the minority when it comes to it. Course I'm FULL of unpopular opinions. *LoL*

message 37: by Lorna (new)

Lorna I love Molly! Ginny annoys me though...

message 38: by Carly (new)

Carly | 258 comments How does she annoy you

message 39: by Lorna (new)

Lorna Anyone who has no faults annoys me. She's too perfect!

message 40: by Carly (new)

Carly | 258 comments yea that is true but she doesn't talk for the first like four books is that a fault in anyway

message 41: by Lorna (new)

Lorna ....no? She was a minor character, I didnt know her well enough to dislke her.

message 42: by Carly (new)

Carly | 258 comments well she makes with like a ton of guys which I think is kinda stupid but I like her

message 43: by Novin, whose favortie character is Sirius Black. (new)

Novin | 575 comments Mod
Allie wrote: "propably George and fred, or ginny, or ron, or molly, or arthur,....or I can't decide!!!:P"

me too! I really like Molly & Arthur, but then I think of Gred&Feorge and see they are awesome,then I think of Ron, and how can I not like him? :D I can just say that Percy is my least favorite.

message 44: by Shonali (new)

Shonali | 2 comments I feel Fred and George , they are just superb

message 45: by Carly (new)

Carly | 258 comments I know right

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

deffinately fred and george! I mean seriously? "you-know-poo"? I probably laughed for a good 10 minutes! They totally made the book!

Of course I like Molly to. The best is when her and the twins interact with each other!

message 47: by Novin, whose favortie character is Sirius Black. (last edited Jun 25, 2009 10:49AM) (new)

Novin | 575 comments Mod
Allyson wrote: " The best is when her and the twins interact with each other! "
YES!

message 48: by Carly (new)

Carly | 258 comments Allyson wrote: "deffinately fred and george! I mean seriously? "you-know-poo"? I probably laughed for a good 10 minutes! They totally made the book!

Of course I like Molly to. The best is when her and the twins..."

I totally agree with you there are the reason I like the fifth book the best and the only reason I read the sixth one at all (well that is over stating but still)

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Carly wrote:I totally agree with you there are the reason I like the fifth book the best and the only reason I read the sixth one at all (well that is over stating but still"

haha. I have to agree. the 6th was one of my least favorites, but having Fred and George in it made it all worth while. :)

message 50: by Carly (new)

Carly | 258 comments I know

« previous 1