Best Teen Books discussion

Reluctant Cross Over reader

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lucianna (new)

Lucianna (lucianna77) | 1 comments Hello I got a stumper a few days ago. A 14 year old girl came in asking for a historical fiction book that is also a chicklet. I suggested a few books for her but she didn't like them. The ones I suggested was Catherine Called Birdy, the American Girl Series, etc..
any suggestions?

message 2: by Marie (new)

Marie (librarydaisygmailcom) Maybe Hattie Big Sky?

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) If you can get a hold of copies:

Torrie by Johnson

and

A Woman of the People by Capps.

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Here are some to try:
The Luxe and its sequel Rumors by Anna Godbersen
Bewitching Season by Marissa Doyle
Princess Ben by Catherine Murdock
Aurelia by Anne Osturland
La Petite Four by Regina Scott
just about anything by Eva Ibbotson
Oh and Meg Cabot has a couple historical romance novels for teens, Nicola and the Viscount and Victoria and the Rogue

message 5: by Marie (new)

Marie (librarydaisygmailcom) Sarah, The Luxe is a great suggestion. My daughter really liked that one.

message 6: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Biederman | 5 comments How about The Red Tent by Anita Diamant? It's historical fiction with characters you really connect with. It's based on the story of Dinah in the bible--it's intense and rich and will grab and stay with reader long after they've fiished it.14 is not too young to appreciate this beautiful masterpiece.

message 7: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (booksandbows) | 17 comments A great and terrible beauty by libba bray...

A Filthy Youth groupie A Great and Terrible Beauty was good.
The Luxe is like one of my favorite books.

message 9: by Maya (new)

Maya (numerounochewylover) | 8 comments I'm late, too, but I third (?) A Great and Terrible Beauty- the whole trilogy, is great!

message 10: by Eva (new)

Eva (eva-la) mabey Fever 17...i cant remeber...um

message 11: by Emily (new)

Emily Farrar (ameraq) A Great and Terrible Beauty trilogy was great, (I met the author Libba Bray and she was so FUNNY)... I really liked Time Enough for Drums by Ann Rinaldi.

I really want to read The Luxe... Maybe I should...