Pixel of Ink Readers discussion

General Book Chat > What are you reading?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 100) (100 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (sentryrose) | 16 comments Mod
What are you currently reading? What do you think about it so far?

message 2: by Sharon (new)

I'll start... I'm currently reading several books. Right now I'm reading I Am the Messenger, and Soulless. I've just been switching depending on my mood ;-)

What about you?

*Goodreads Tip: Just above the comment box there is an "add book/author" link you can use to link to Goodreads content! Just search for the book or author, and click "add" to create a link!

message 3: by Arni Vidar (new)

Arni Vidar Bjorgvinsson (ArniVidar) | 6 comments Right now I'm only reading one: The Riverhouse by G. Norman Lippert

message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather (Luvmy4brats) | 2 comments I've just started Wench by Dolen Perkins-Valdez

Wench by Dolen Perkins-Valdez

I haven't read enough of it to give my opinion yet, but I've heard many good things about it.

message 5: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen (jerseygirlbookreviews) | 1 comments I just finished reading Water For Elephants. I thought it was one of the best books that I have read in a while.
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen

Now I started reading Jane Eyre as part of the Goodreads challenge.
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë

message 6: by Abby (new)

Abby (Abbydoll82) | 4 comments I am reading: Memnoch the Devil. So far I like it but it is a bit lengthy.

message 7: by Angelina (last edited Mar 27, 2011 02:09AM) (new)

Angelina (Ariellabe) | 2 comments I just finished reading A Child al Confino. Now, I'm starting Blue.

message 8: by Angela (new)

Angela (AngelaH110) Kathleen wrote: "
Now I started reading Jane Eyre as part of t..."

I just downloaded Jane Eyre so I could reread it.
I was watching the movie trailers and was inspired to do a reread. Amazing what you forget. I remember reading Water for Elephants and thinking,that it would be a movie someday.

message 9: by Beth (new)

Beth Robbins | 2 comments I'm currently reading The Confession by John Grisham. I'm absolutely hooked. I have never cried before when reading a book, but this one brought me to tears.

message 10: by Kris (new)

Kris (pyxiedust) | 1 comments I'm reading Tithe by Holly BlackTithe and I'm a little more than half way through. It's YA book, I'm reading with my daughter. So far, I'd say it was very interesting.

message 11: by Terri (new)

Terri (mommy0306) | 4 comments I am currently Reading The Vampire and the Virgin. i've read most of the series so far. i'm working on this one then book 9 and then i am going to get 10 delievered to my kindle tuesday... :)

message 12: by Jennifer (last edited Mar 27, 2011 10:48AM) (new)

Jennifer (Jennifer2kids) | 8 comments I'm double-kindling ;-) Reading Girl with a Pearl Earring Girl with a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier for book club and Raising the Dead by Mara Purnhagan Raising the Dead (Past Midnight, #1.5) by Mara Purnhagen.

message 13: by Sue (new)

Sue (SueDunbar) I am reading Broken Skin by Stuart MacBride. I love the Logan McRae series.

message 14: by GenieD (last edited Mar 29, 2011 01:37PM) (new)

GenieD | 8 comments The Confession
Finished Confession. I really disliked the book. It became a platform to rail against the death penalty. Everyone in the book except the victim, his lawyer and 1 priest was branded and stereotyped. The author even takes a smack at Fox news. I expected much better.

message 15: by Jerry (new)

Jerry (jersysman) | 1 comments I am currently reading Whisper on the Wind (The Great War, #2) by Maureen Lang.

It started out slow, but now is picking up the pace.

message 16: by Katrina (new)

Katrina (katrinalovesreading) I am readingThe Memory of Love, this book also started slow ,but once i got past 25% it suddenly picked up.

message 17: by Maralee (new)

Maralee (divedeep118) | 2 comments I'm between books. I finished Leota's Garden and am about to start More Than Memories

message 18: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (sgalley) I am currently reading Wading Home: A Novel of New Orleans.

I just finished reading The Riverhouse by G. Norman Lippert. It was very good, but when I finished it, I read a couple of romance short stories just to get away from the book. It kind of stays with you in a "haunting" kind of way.

My next read will be Blue

message 19: by Jamie (last edited Mar 28, 2011 08:04PM) (new)

Jamie | 2 comments I am currently reading "It Had to Be You" ~ the 3rd book in the Weddings by Bella series. I have been going through a lot of medical tests over the last couple of weeks. This series has been what I needed to counteract with the stress of the tests.

Aack - sorry. I didn't do a link to the book. I'll have to do it later. It's bedtime for me. :)

message 20: by Lori (new)

Lori | 2 comments I just finished Wading Home by Rosalyn Story and was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it.

I am now reading another free Kindle offer titled: Medicus by Ruth Downie and I'm not too sure I'll stick it out. I'm about 29% into the book and I may just put it down to start something else. I used to have a "rule" that once I started a book I had to finish it but, ....no more.

message 21: by Janet (last edited Mar 30, 2011 11:04AM) (new)

Janet | 4 comments I just finished The Crossroads Cafe by Deborah Smith and On Bear Mountain by Deborah Smith Both were very good books by Deborah Smith, I have read several other books by her.

message 22: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (JoanZenn) | 1 comments I just started Hate List by Jennifer Brown I'm only 5% into it, but I am liking it so far!

message 23: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (crystalmpope) | 8 comments I am currently reading Woman of Grace by Kathleen Morgan. It is book 2 of the Brides of Culdee Creek series.

I just finished Daughter Of Joy Thursday, It is book 1 in the series. I found this book listed on Pixel Of Ink as a free book and it was still free as of Thursday night.

message 24: by Karen (new)

Karen (lovestampmom) I just finished The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen and The Dressmaker of Khair Khana Five Sisters, One Remarkable Family, and the Woman Who Risked Everything to Keep Them Safe by Gayle Tzemach Lemmon and now having a hard time choosing what to read next. I have too many TBRs!!

message 25: by Karen (new)

Karen (lovestampmom) GenieD wrote: "The Confession
Finished Confession. I really disliked the book. It became a platform to rail against the death penalty. Everyone in the book except the victim, his lawyer and 1 pri..."

Don't you hate it when a book become such platform, especially from a famous writer!

message 26: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (Battfox) | 1 comments GenieD wrote: "The Confession
Finished Confession. I really disliked the book. It became a platform to rail against the death penalty. Everyone in the book except the victim, his lawyer and 1 pri..."

I didn't care for that book either. I expect more from well established authors.....

message 27: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (Jennifer2kids) | 8 comments I'm reading Black Swan Rising on my Kindle (very good!) and the DTB of A Discovery of Witches b/c it's too pricey for Kindle.

Black Swan Rising by Lee Carroll A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy #1) by Deborah Harkness

message 28: by Janet (new)

Janet | 4 comments I just finished Summer At Willow Lake (Lakeshore Chronicles, #1) by Susan Wiggs and A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy #1) by Deborah Harkness both I really liked. I am now reading Diary of a Mad Fat Girl by Stephanie McAfee which is still onlyn .99.

message 29: by GenieD (new)

GenieD | 8 comments Live Wire
Good so far. Modern Perry Mason-ish.

message 30: by Karen (new)

Karen (lovestampmom) Kristy wrote: "Bossypants by Tina FeyStarting Bossypants today. Need a pick-me-up after the last two books I read."

I bought the book for the exact same reason. I hope the book does not disappoint since I laughed out loud from the introduction in the sample! Have fun reading it!

message 31: by Karen (new)

Karen (lovestampmom) I'm reading Please Look After Mom by Kyung-Sook Shin, and it's like taking a guilt trip down memory lane. I'm a grown daughter who does not visit her mom enough...so this book really touches me.

message 32: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (crystalmpope) | 8 comments I am reading Lady in the Mist (The Midwives #1) by Laurie Alice Eakes by Laurie Alice Eakes, I will admit this book started off slow, but at 25% it started picking up and has kept my attion.

message 33: by Terri (new)

Terri (mommy0306) | 4 comments I'm Currently Reading A Bloody London Sunset (The Sunset Series, #2) by Jaz Primo.

message 34: by Karen (new)

Karen (lovestampmom) Kristy wrote: "The Help by Kathryn StockettThe Kite Runner by Khaled HosseiniI'm currently about a third the way through The Help and so far I really like it. I'm thinking about reading the Kite Runner next."
They are both books that you will remember for the rest of your life!

message 35: by Abby (new)

Abby (Abbydoll82) | 4 comments I am now reading [bookcover:The Vampire Armand|333707, last book in The Vampire Chronicals.

message 36: by Katrina (new)

Katrina (katrinalovesreading) I am currently readingThe Hangman's Daughter it is really good so far.

message 37: by Karen (new)

Karen (lovestampmom) I'm now reading In Stitches by Anthony Youn, a Korean plastic surgeon's memoir about his childhood and road to become who he is...He has a humorous way of presenting things.

message 38: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (Jennifer2kids) | 8 comments Abby wrote: "I am now reading [bookcover:The Vampire Armand|333707, last book in The Vampire Chronicals."

There are 4 more books: Merrick, Blood & Gold, Blackwood Farm and Blood Canticle.

There are also 2 novellas: Pandora and Vittorio

message 39: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Y | 9 comments Im reading TWO WARS right now. 20% in. I'm having a little trouble getting into it. :(

message 40: by Phaedra (new)

Phaedra | 2 comments I finished Betrayal by Mayandree Michel, which I loved and am now starting The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo.

message 41: by GenieD (new)

GenieD | 8 comments Just finished Caught Apparently I love a good mystery! This was a real good one.Very contemporary subject matter.

message 42: by Sharon (new)

I'm currently reading Cottonwood Whispers, which is the next book after Fireflies in December. I have loved BOTH of them! Jennifer Erin Valent is a fantastic author!

message 43: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Hilborne (JFHilborne) | 3 comments Just downloaded Daddy's Home.

message 44: by Karen (new)

Karen (lovestampmom) I just started reading The Story of Beautiful Girl. It's a poignant story.

message 45: by Terri (new)

Terri (mommy0306) | 4 comments Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5) by Richelle Mead & then Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6) by Richelle Mead

message 46: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (StaceyH) | 1 comments I'm reading Daughter of Joy right now. I'm liking it, but finding it just a little bit slow, I'm not quite as eager to dive into it as I have been other books... or maybe I've been reading too much. WAIT... what am I saying? There isn't such a thing is there????

message 47: by GenieD (last edited Jun 11, 2011 08:15AM) (new)

GenieD | 8 comments Sarah's Key...wow! The little brother needs to be found now! It's making me a nervous wreck.
Finished this book. It will become one of my forever favorites.

message 48: by Lora (new)

Lora (loraberry) "I'm reading 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson. Almost done with it, but the book took a disappointing turn."

message 49: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) Do you mean on the e-reader or on paper too? On my Kindle I am reading Guardian Cats and the Last books of Alexandria by Rahma Krambo, in paper am reading a Good Reads First Reads One Dog Night by David Rosenfelt

message 50: by Carla (new)

Carla Subler | 1 comments Just finished reading Alpha Rising by G.L.Douglas. Hard to put the Kindle down until I finished reading it. If you like sci-fi this is so much more. Hope to find more books by this author in POI.

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Soulless (other topics)
I Am the Messenger (other topics)
The Riverhouse (other topics)
Wench (other topics)
Water for Elephants (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Dolen Perkins-Valdez (other topics)
Laurie Alice Eakes (other topics)