What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Blue Diary
This topic is about Blue Diary
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED! Happy married couple; husband is arrested with rape and murder of neighbor girl [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Yvette (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:45PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Yvette | 19 comments OMGosh I have been breaking my head trying to remember the title of this book I read over the summer. I really enjoyed it and I want to get more by that author and for the life of me I cannot remember the title! Nor can I remember who wrote the darn book...lol.

The book starts off talking about how perfect this husband and wife are for each other and after 8 years (I think) of marriage they are still very much in love. People in their small town envy them. She is still attractive, even after motherhood, and he is chiseled and handsome. He coaches little league and the women stare and drool when he takes off his shirt. Not only is he handsome but he is the town hero; a volunteer fire fighter who has risked his life sometimes taking unnecessary risks. He is the sort of man who goes out of his way to help people and in his job as a carpenter he never over charges his customers.

Anyway, they are making love one weekday late morning when there’s a knock on the door. It was the cops. They arrest him for the rape and murder of a young girl that happened 10 years (I think) before. Turns out their next door neighbor, this little girl, who is their son’s best friend called a hotline after seeing American’s Most Wanted (or a show like that).

Most people in their town refuse to believe it and rally for him. At first his wife thinks it’s a mistake, but then he confesses to her that he did it, but he’s not that same man.
His wife then begins her journey in finding herself and trying to find the truth about who her husband is.

There are more characters that shape this complex story, including the little girl who called the cops on him, the little girl’s older sister, the town lawyer, the wife’s best friend who finds out that she is dying of cancer, etc.

Ring a bell? Oh gosh I hope so! I am driving myself nuts going through different search engines. I even asked my library for a print out of books I checked out this summer, but they don’t keep that in their database! Okay, you must think I am mad…lol. Sooner or later I will just have to let it go. Anyway, thanks for your help.

message 2: by Jen (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:45PM) (new)

Jen | 23 comments I read this one, let me think about it for a minute.

message 3: by Jen (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:45PM) (new)

Jen | 23 comments Got it! Blue Diary by Alice Hoffman.

message 4: by Yvette (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:53PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Yvette | 19 comments OMG Jen I love you...LOL! Yes, that is it! Thank you so much! Now my brain can rest - at least for a little bit. Wow, what a relief, thanks!