Q & A With Red Haircrow discussion

Updates & Discussion

Comments (showing 51-98 of 98) (98 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 2 next »
dateDown arrow    newest »

♥ ♥Lynn ♥ ♥ Rot! I very seldom drink white wine. You?

message 52: by Red (new)

Red Haircrow (redhaircrow) | 183 comments Mod
White wine, a very nice pinot grigio makes me feels quiet and what I like to think of as refined ;-)

...but red makes me a little crazy, so I like it best. The richness of it on the tongue is so very sensual (a good one), besides the intriguing depth of its color.

Not my usual description you might realize, but then, I've had some wine...

♥ ♥Lynn ♥ ♥ =) I hope you had a nice relaxing time.

message 54: by Red (last edited Oct 10, 2011 12:19PM) (new)

Working the next days on publishing a friend's book, titled "Enigma" by Nephylim, whose name you likely don't know, but who is a hosted author and quite popular on the website Gay Authors-Quality Gay Stories http://www.gayauthors.org/index.html

You'll know her soon :-)

message 55: by Red (last edited Oct 26, 2011 04:45AM) (new)

It's been one of those months. I did get one of my WIPs up to 90K, and it should be finished within the next days, but as my profile says...pain is always a part of life, and it's just the way of things.

In July, I learned never leave a hoover (vacuum cleaner) on the landing overnight. I tripped over it and fell on my shoulder (the contusions & bruising have finally gone away now). So for those who've wonder why I had finished their reviews, etc...been in a lot of pain and found out after it healed a bit crooked that I'd fractured by clavicle. Having fractured so many bones before, including my pelvis which I did in a horseback riding accident...and didn't go to the doctor either just lay in bed for a few weeks... I didn't go with this one either. Typing is far from comfortable, believe me.

But the hardest thing was, just this week I found out fellow author and a very close friend had died in August. The letter to inform me had been misdirected, I just got it two days ago. It's still devastating that it happened, but that I only just found out after so long...

And on the homefront, was informed my uncle has inoperable colon cancer, they give him 2mths at most. Life goes on certainly, but some days...we only do what we can at the moment.

Be well everyone...

message 56: by Red (new)

My Magic 3!

After sitting at 33K for 3 years, I finally finished "The Agony of Joy" after 3 months. It now sits at 96K! Coming soon to a galaxy near you :-)

Blurb: "The life, love and struggle of two men to overcome their separate past agonies and allow themselves to experience the full joy of true love. From London to Berlin, to the frozen seas of far east Russia, The Agony of Joy takes you on a journey you'll never forget."

Description: "Former model turned actor Adrian Lee can barely list age range '23-29' on his resumé anymore nor stand his life of empty social events and appearances, meaningless roles and casual partners. When he meets Alexander Skizetsky by clever arrangement of his agent, the enigmatic yet infinitely attractive Russian kindles a little light of hope in his aching heart. Yet even the beginnings of a romance beyond his wildest dreams cannot assuage a life spiraling out of control.

The long estrangement from his devout Irish parents and family and the dark secrets they all share combine to drive him to the brink of despair though Lexx is determined to stay by his side. After locking away his own memories of betrayal and loss, Lexx had decided never to love again but something in Adrian spurs the noblest intentions of his formerly jaded heart. Returning in pilgrimmage to his homeland, he brings Adrian along on a journey of rebirth, revelation and romance."

http://bookworld.editme.com/The-Agony...

message 57: by Red (new)

The poem speaks for itself...impossible love is a special agony.

The Red Pain of Distance

The quiver in your voice touches me
and how I imagine your hands moving
over the items of your desk,
picking up little things and setting them aside
without really seeing what they are.

And I hear your smile
and the hairs of your beard curve
as you lick your lips and laugh lightly,
a fluttering that makes me stop in wonder
waiting for it again.

We pause, we breathe, we pause again until
your little groan of agony binds me to
the disappointment I feel
when our conversation ends,
as called away, you must go.

–Red Haircrow
26 September 2011

message 58: by Red (last edited Nov 15, 2011 12:08PM) (new)

My semi-autobiographical short story "The Caravaggio and the Swan" will be included in Dreamspinner Press's Bittersweet Dreams anthology coming Spring 2012.

For excerpt and description, please visit my GLBT Bookshelf pages http://bookworld.editme.com/the-carav...

description

message 59: by Red (new)

I am rounding out 2011, my special year of hell in style, and those of you who know the series of statistical anomalies...know sometimes you have to laugh because that's all you can do.

Naja, learned today I have to have surgery immediately, and am going to spend a couple of weeks in the hospital following, and totally down for several weeks for more recovery.

So after mid-next week, Bis bald! And will hopefully see you in 2012.

message 60: by Nancy (new)

Nancy | 31 comments Thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery!

message 61: by Van (new)

Van | 1 comments Sorry to hear that. Good luck!

♥ ♥Lynn ♥ ♥ I stopped by for an update. I hope you are doing better!!

message 63: by Red (new)

♥ ♥Lynn ♥ ♥ wrote: "I stopped by for an update. I hope you are doing better!!"

Really, really bored at this point :-) But cannot go far from where I live, short walks are about all I can do as riding in vehicles is still very painful.

Overall, I'm okay thanks. I popped a couple of stitches on 6th January, a day before my birthday, so that set me back in the healing process. I'll be glad when everything's back to normal more or less!

message 64: by Nancy (new)

Nancy | 31 comments This looks like fun! I'll do my best to be there, but 4pm-6pm is when I'm working and driving home. If you see me, it will likely be at the very end.

message 65: by Red (new)

Nancy wrote: "This looks like fun! I'll do my best to be there, but 4pm-6pm is when I'm working and driving home. If you see me, it will likely be at the very end."

My mind tells me you'll be the only there, if and when you do arrive :-)

message 66: by Red (new)

My author chat date over at Love Romances Café is ongoing right now! Come on over for a good time, ask whatever questions you like and have fun! http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LoveRom...

4pm-6pm EST, 11pm-1am my time zone: Berlin!

message 67: by Red (new)

"The Story of a Bullied Gay Teen: 'They Said I Was Weak" written by my son and I, as we've battled the last few years, is on a desperately important topic right now: gay teen suicide. Awareness, prevention and action are needed by all. It was originally posted at my blog, Songs of the Universal Vagabond, but is also found here at GR at the link below.

http://www.goodreads.com/author_blog_...

Thank you in advance if you take the time to read, and I appeal to everyone to do whatever they can to help.

message 68: by Red (last edited Feb 11, 2012 10:58AM) (new)

Worked on a cover image for my novel, "The Agony of Joy". Here's a first view

description

message 69: by Red (new)

Created a book trailer for The Agony of Joy, viewable here on Goodreads.com http://www.goodreads.com/videos/show/...

Or at youtube http://youtu.be/LUGYD9U1imI

message 70: by Red (new)

THE CARAVAGGIO AND THE SWAN The Caravaggio and The Swan by Red Haircrow is being released 21 March 2012 at Dreamspinner Press! http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/stor...

message 71: by Red (new)

This is rather a major update, from both a personal and professional view, as it involves my writing. Suffice it to say, as I cannot recount it all here but please, if interested, take the moment to read the blog post.

http://redhaircrow.com/2012/03/17/unf...

It will explain it all. Thanks...

message 72: by Red (new)

Saturday, 24 March from 1-6pm EST I'll be at the Dreamspinner Press group for a "Meet the Author" chat date. You're very welcome to participate.
http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/4...

message 73: by Red (new)

An upcoming release, is CORE by Red Haircrow, its a collection of my poetry.

Blurb: "CORE is a poetry collection of the journey of healing following the chilling aftereffects of child, sexual and domestic abuse.

With themes of suicide, loss and grief, but also of courage, joy and love, CORE is the revealing of the darkness and the light, of beauty and hideousness, of total desolation and infinite hope."

Also the video description for The Agony of Joy is viewable on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R-W00...

message 74: by Red (last edited Apr 12, 2012 06:27AM) (new)

A public statement on recent events:

I’ve had to make public statements in the past when I worked for the police department, in a variety of capacities and for a variety of reasons. It was never something I looked forward to doing, but sometimes it was necessary so that situations could be clarified when there has been rampant speculation and gross misinterpretation, whether intended or not, that have resulted in negative, defamatory acts and harm to a person or persons. This is just such an instance, and it has been directed towards me.

Although I was publicly named on the M/M Romance group in a manner in which could inspire negative attention and activity towards me, and a link was provided to my profile so that members could easily follow it, I will not respond by doing the same. On groups, as you may know, even if a person is a member, you cannot directly access their profile. You can only see what remarks they’ve made within the group. That this person deliberately placed a link outside shows their questionable intent. Additionally, "members" were directed to my personal website. From my statistics I could see directly where they were coming from, referred by a link from that group.

During March a moderator on the M/M Romance group chose to lift my giveaway offer from a private group I had especially targeted because it is a GLBTIIQ group but the genres are not designated, and then post it at the afore mentioned group. I am a gay man, and sometimes my work does contain gay characters or situations, and even relationships, but I classify my appropriate work as gay fiction. I write poetry, fiction, and non-fiction including academia. Some of my work is no where even close to being romantic in nature. That I choose to self-identify my work as gay fiction instead of m/m fiction or romance is my choice, and is not intended as a slight to m/m romance or fiction, its writers or readers.

I wrote to that moderator and asked that they please not lift my posts to add to a group I am not a part of and which I do not feel applicable to my work. In effect, look at it this way, I’ve written one work of gay vampires which is not romantic in nature. Should I then be categorized at someone’s opinion as a paranormal romance writer? Same situation. This is the exact message send to that moderator:

Please do not post my notices or messages to other boards or groups. I posted my message regarding giveaways of my work on Smashwords only on 2 groups that I wished them to be a part of. I posted where I felt my work to be applicable and where discerning readers might appreciate it is gay fiction but not formulaic in any way.

I am no longer a member of the M/M Romance group by choice and because I do not write or read M/M Romance or fiction. In effect, it is like violating someone's copyrights by using their words and offers in a way other than they expressly agreed to, especially in that permission was not requested from me.

I know some may think this is a service to the writer and some readers, but it is a supreme disservice when it is the wrong genre.

Thank you,

Red Haircrow

No more, no less, but the moderator took umbrage at my message and retaliated by posting a public message on the M/M Group about me. They later claimed it was not all directly about me, but when you include someone’s name as they did, it is preposterous to think there may not be negative consequences towards that person, as anyone who has seen the thread can see. It prompted several mean-spirited comments, and some posters to then go to my page and negatively mark my work.

When someone I personally know tried to support me there, they were harassed also. Although his comments were well intentioned, I do not agree with all of what Van said, and what he said was not supported or caused by me. I learned of this all only near the end of the initial situation or after the fact.

To address specific issues some posters responded:

Point 1# Dreamspinner Press’s website states they publish m/m romance but as anyone who has read many different writers from their site, their products are not solely limited to only m/m romance. Just because an author is published with them doesn’t mean they automatically write m/m romance. You have to consider the work itself and not stereotype or generalize. Also check the website title heading (this is the information on your browser tab), it reads: “Gay Romance Novels and Short Stories.”

Just one example of the messages:

If I sold books at Dreamspinner I would be glad to have ---- tell people about my works.
If an author doesn't want to be labeled M/M, even though he is sold by a M/M publisher and writes gay romance, he should find another genre. There is nothing wrong with writing M/M and by saying he doesn't want to be labeled that way it seems like discrimination. I love M/M and so do others. There is nothing wrong with reading or writing M/M.

A response to that was: "Well, is he doesn't want me to read his work I won't!"

So you can see how each comment of that nature, based on the moderator's posting, kept multiplying. This message is used as a necessary example.

This is total assumption and fabrication on several counts anyway, but I do not write m/m romance, and if they’d read the range of my work they’d know that. I may write some stories with romantic elements but because of wider themes and subjects in the work, it is the wrong category. What makes people think you can mislabel someone’s work for them? And to call it discrimination? That is ludicrous, and what I call looking to be offended when absolutely none was intended. Based completely on speculation and misinformation, they imagine insults when none was directed towards "them."

I find this attitude similar to the insistence of someone calling a ftm individual "female", or conversely, a mtf person "male", even though they self-identify as the gender of their choice. Or if a gay person asks to be called gay, instead of queer, but someone overrides his wishes insisting on using what they think applicable or acceptable. Or yet another example, a black person wishing to be called African-American instead, or whatever they choose, yet the other person calls them whatever they think is applicable. THAT is real discrimination, not fabrication.

Whether regarding sexuality or writing, though some people do not understand the difference, for me it is a point of what the author has self-applied to their work, in this case, gay fiction. I know definition will vary from person to person, but when an author has self-identified and labeled their work I believe it should be respected, as one wouldn't want ones own work or self mislabeled. In some cases, it can be very detrimental to the work itself. In the event of a person, it can be devastating.

Point 2#

As some, including the moderator, have attempted to wrongly suggest, misinterpreting/mislabeling again:

My classification of my work is not a desire for me to decide readership. And I never once said in any shape, form or fashion that I didn’t want certain people to read my work. How can asking that my private post and offer not be lifted to another group specifically devoted to a genre in which I do not write mean that I don’t want certain people to read my work? That is again making wrong assumptions. My message was twisted to suit someone’s wrong idea and they insinuated motives that were completely absent in my request. It is very close to defamation of character, affecting person and profession, which as you know can draw legal action. By my defining my work other than m/m romance was in no way a slight to the genres it's writers or readers. I've no idea how people choose to leap to such far-fetched conclusions from a simple statement. Well, I do: they choose to imply wrong motives.

Point 3#

The moderator posting a public announcement by Dreamspinner Press is certainly their prerogative but is different from lifting my personal offer to a private group and placing it in the M/M Romance group. I do not understand why they cannot see the difference. Some things are public domain; some things are not. Personal offers to private groups are just that: private. That was my sole and only point besides stating my genres. The moderator took exception to my polite request and with what seems a bruised ego and axe to grind, chose to post a negative message about me that has resulted in what has basically been a witch-hunt and resulted in cyber-bullying and mobbing.

Point 4#

Authors are people also. They are not just for entertainment, for demonizing or vilifying to suit reader whims. We have real lives, real problems and situations we are dealing with personally and readers and others making the choice to not only believe but act on misinformation, speculation and rumor to try to “hurt” them, can do just that. Any author knows they some will like their work and others may extremely dislike it. That’s part of the business, but it is unfortunate some people or cliqués feel personal attacks, singly or as a concerted effort, are acceptable. I choose not to believe that was the moderator's direct intention in posting about me as they did, but that has been the result of their irresponsibility. Yes, I did tell them not to contact me anymore, they and the ones targeting me have done enough.

Conclusion: This is my last statement on the matter, and it is a true shame it had to come to this point because of the ramifications of a moderator's subjective, thoughtless post and the attack pack mentality of ones who imagined and acted on perceived hubris when it was totally absent.

message 75: by Kia (new)

Kia Shiru (KiaZiShiru) | 1 comments Wow, and to think that I wrote this post just days after you went through this situation:

http://kiazishiru.wordpress.com/2012/...

Seems like somehow I did catch something of it because I just HAD to write the post (I will probably edit today or tomorrow to add a few more things).
And I honestly feel like the people who want to describe your work as M/M romance might belong or like the first type of gay works I describe.

I'm sorry you had to go through that all. *hugs*

message 76: by Red (new)

Kia Zi wrote: "Wow, and to think that I wrote this post just days after you went through this situation:

http://kiazishiru.wordpress.com/2012/...

Seems like somehow I did cat..."

One keeps dances, thanks for the message, Kia ;-)

message 77: by Red (new)

New release May 10, 2012: Silence Is Multi-colored In My World

Silence Is Multi-colored In My World by Red Haircrow

"What is my world and who am I?

I am a profoundly deaf man with blue eyes and red hair, which I wear long. I am gay and Russian, and was born in 1978 in the Ukraine, but I moved myself to Germany when I was fourteen. I have wandered to a number of countries and enjoy meeting people and getting to know new ideas and perspectives. I find the world both a fascinating and terrible place. I love many things and am distressed by many things: overcoming disabilities, ending homophobia, being deaf and love are some of the topics that interest, concern and keep my attention...."

Silence is Multi-colored in My World is an imaginative collection of memories and observations written from the perspective of a young man who was orphaned early, who was gay, deaf and Russian. He was simple and complex, light-hearted and serious, whimsical and infinitely strong, and when he loved, he loved with all his heart and soul.

A former sex worker and later a husband, he was an amateur activist and philosopher, a startlingly intelligent, passionate individual able to intensely appreciate even the small wonders of the world and the people for whom he cared.

Part diary, part dialogue, part rhetoric, “Silence Is Multi-colored in My World” is based on actual experiences and is a literary portrait of a man with nothing to hide and everything to reveal. It is a slice into the willing veins of a mental and emotional free bleeder.

message 78: by Red (new)

Silence Is Multi-Colored In My World is my latest release, published May 10, 2012. It is a biography in memoir style written and dedicated to a very special young man who tragically passed away only a couple of years ago. He was Russian from the Ukraine, but lived most of his life in Germany, around and in Berlin, the capital city, where I also live. Not a day goes by that I don't think of him.

Whether by train, bus or on foot, sometimes when I am wandering through the many parks or shopping arcades filled with people, and I see someone very tall, slim with long red hair I have a little pain, and it stops me in place for I think of him. If they are moving away from me, sometimes I wish it were him somehow, still alive, still touchable in the physical sense. My special phantom in the city. It is hard to accept that so vibrant a soul is now gone, but I believe I will see him again one day.

It is free at Smashwords from Thursday-Saturday, May 17-19, 2012. Just enter the coupon code: DX24N.

message 79: by Red (new)

My latest blog posts:

“You’re All the Same!” American Indians From A European Perspective (Photos) http://redhaircrow.com/2012/05/14/you...

Near Death Experiences: “Where You’ll Find Me” http://redhaircrow.com/2012/05/09/nea...

Listening to Others: A Flash Memoir of an Old Piano Player http://redhaircrow.com/2012/05/01/lis...

Homo-Ignorance: Are You Part of the Problem? http://redhaircrow.com/2012/04/27/hom...

The Lingering Effects of the “Kiss” of the Spider
http://redhaircrow.com/2012/04/16/the...

Articles at Friendzstop, an online GLBTIIQ community:

What Does Gay Mean to You? Literary Circles and Political Scenes http://friendzstop.com/?p=536&opt...

Silence Is Multi-Colored In My World http://friendzstop.com/member-blogs/e...

message 80: by Red (new)

In addition to my own review/interview site, I will be reviewing for LL Book Reviews now also http://llbookreview.com/. They also specialize in indie authors.

message 81: by Red (new)

Interview for my latest work, the biography of a deaf, gay young Russian, an orphan and former sex worker who beat the odds to find a home, love and finally peace: Silence Is Multi-Colored In My World.

It can be found at http://www.theindiespotlight.com/?p=1....

message 82: by Red (new)

Had eight poems accepted by Sibling Rivalry Press's Assaracus Magazine. They'll be published in 2013.
http://siblingrivalrypress.com/assara...

About the magazine: "Our gay-themed print journal, Assaracus, continues in the tradition of Ganymede – but with an underground feel – similar to Mouth of the Dragon and other influential publications of the 70′s and 80′s. Named for Ganymede’s earth-bound brother, the journal provides a grand stage for gay contemporary poetry."

But for an early view of some of the poems that will be featured, one can visit my website http://redhaircrow.com/.

message 83: by Red (last edited Jul 16, 2012 12:07PM) (new)

Thanks for the new members of the group. Always feel free to ask a question or whatever.

I created a video description or book trailer for Silence Is Multi-Colored In My World and a little background information can be found at my posting at my website:

http://redhaircrow.com/2012/07/16/boo...

Any feedback, comments or questions will be replied to.

message 84: by Red (last edited Oct 19, 2012 10:53AM) (new)

Life has been extremely busy and full as usual:

-I am a full-time Psychology major in my 5th year of study (final exams the upcoming week then a short break before the new semester.)

-My review/interview reopened to requests in late spring & having an overwhelming response Flying With Red Haircrow is now closed through the end of 2012 so we can complete all books in queue! The Runaway, which was an intense letze type deal.

-Also with the publishing press, I have a few clients I am working with: advertising, marketing and formatting. So those are my spare moments.

-Very active in Native American affairs, which takes up quite a lot of time, and will have upcoming reports and article published in Songs of the Universal Vagabond.

Upcoming publications:

A set of eight poems in Sibling Rivalry Press' ASSARACUS MAGAZINE, a journal of gay poetry.

The Agony of Joy, a work of literary fiction through coming soon...

description

Trailer
Webpage

Description: "Former model turned actor Adrian Lee can barely list age range '23-29' on his resumé anymore nor stand his life of empty social events and appearances, meaningless roles and casual partners. When he meets Alexander Skizetsky by clever arrangement of his agent, the enigmatic yet infinitely attractive Russian kindles a little light of hope in his aching heart. Yet even the beginnings of a romance beyond his wildest dreams cannot assuage a life spiraling out of control.

The long estrangement from his devout Irish parents and family and the dark secrets they all share combine to drive him to the brink of despair though Lexx is determined to stay by his side. After locking away his own memories of betrayal and loss, Lexx had decided never to love again but something in Adrian spurs the noblest intentions in his formerly jaded heart. Returning in pilgrimage to his homeland, he brings Adrian along on a journey of rebirth, revelation and redemption.”

message 85: by Red (new)

A great review for the biography I wrote of a young Russian man: Silence Is Multi-Colored In My World
Silence Is Multi-Colored In My World by Red Haircrow

Unexpected, but quite pleased as he was such a lovely person who is sorely missed.

"I read this collection with a sense of wonder, humility and inspiration and the writing deeply touched me on a multitude of levels. The honesty with which the writing conveys the joys and sorrows, fears and pains, hopes and dreams of this man serves as a testament and reminder of the capacity of the human spirit to not only persist but also to thrive and to soar...."

Please read the full review at Indie Reviews.

message 86: by Red (last edited Dec 01, 2012 02:45PM) (new)

Primarily because it is still such a painful, emotional loss of a man I loved and liked so very much, it was an important award I hadn't expected:

Silence Is Multi-Colored In My World, my bio-memoir of a very special individual who was profoundly deaf and gay tied for 3rd place in the Rainbow Awards Best LGBT Biography&Memoir Category. http://elisa-rolle.livejournal.com/18...

Thanks all...and its video trailer with the song which perfectly reminds me of him http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbDtjb...

message 87: by Red (new)

Free from GalleyCat: “Varney The Vampire: A Literary Remix”

It started a couple of months ago, a Literary Vampire Remix Writing Contest created by GalleyCat. Writers had the opportunity to participate in this “cooperative” effort to put a new twist on an old vampire classic, being assigned a page of the book to rewrite in whatever style they wished: poetry, a song lyric, freeform, whatever.

The end product has now been compiled, edited, and is free for download on Smashwords. My page was 156. Download the original, and then try the remix!

description

Here’s more about the book: “A crew of dedicated GalleyCat readers remixed a single page from Varney the Vampire-a bestselling vampire novel from the 19th Century filled with enough star-crossed romance, vampire action and purple prose to inspire another Twilight trilogy.”

At Smashwords: “In the fall of 2012, GalleyCat hosted a writing contest to celebrate Mediabistro’s Media App Summit.

Illustrating the Media App Summit’s spirit of digital innovation, a crew of dedicated writers remixed a single page from Varney the Vampire-a bestselling vampire novel from the 19th Century filled with enough star-crossed romance, vampire action and purple prose to inspire another Twilight trilogy.

More than one hundred and sixty years after the novel was published, these readers found new ways to tell the melodramatic vampire story. They rewrote the pages in their unique style, from poetry to Twitter updates to illustrations to Facebook accounts to imitations of great writers.”

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

message 88: by Red (new)

description

“Finding the courage to face the pain of the past in order to have a future.”

· Title: The Agony of Joy
· By: Red Haircrow
· Published: February 17, 2013
· ISBN: 9781301334520
· Length: 350 pages
· Genre: Literary Fiction, Contemporary Fiction, GLBTIIQ Interest
· Price: $4.99 in e-book format
· Available at Smashwords & soon at other online distributors
· Book Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R-W00...

Blurb: For many survivors of child sex abuse, there is a lifelong battle for understanding and acceptance, not only from others, but also from themselves. From London to Berlin, to the frozen seas of far east Russia, this is an unforgettable journey of rebirth, revelation and redemption as two men struggle to overcome their separate past agonies and allow themselves to experience friendship and love.

Description: “Former model turned actor Adrian Lee can barely list age range '23-29' on his resumé anymore nor stand his life of empty social events and appearances, meaningless roles and casual partners. When he meets Alexander Skizetsky by clever arrangement of his agent, the enigmatic yet infinitely attractive Russian kindles a little light of hope in his aching heart. Yet even the beginnings of a friendship and love beyond his wildest dreams cannot assuage a life spiraling out of control.

The long estrangement from his devout Irish Catholic parents and family and the dark secrets they all share combine to drive him to the brink of despair, though Alexander is determined to stay by his side. After locking away his own memories of betrayal and loss, the Russian had decided never to love again but something in Adrian spurs the noblest intentions in his formerly jaded heart. Returning in pilgrimage to his homeland, he brings Adrian along on a journey of rebirth, revelation and redemption.”

More about the novel: Taking almost ten years to complete, The Agony of Joy, incorporates many of the author’s experiences and observations as a survivor of sexual abuse and violence. But far from being the central theme although psychological and behavioral after-effects continue for many, the novel focuses on the courage it takes, often in the face of opposition, misunderstanding and/or apathy to not allow anything or anyone to keep you imprisoned by that past, not even yourself.

One of the primary reasons the author returned to university, completing a degree in Psychology (graduation Spring 2013) was to help others in this and other regards, as well as continue personal healing.

message 89: by Red (new)

Current & Upcoming Publications:

Eight poems in Sibling Rivalry Press' Assaracus poetry magazine. 10 January 2013.

Upcoming,"Big Mama's Pears" in Sword & Saga Press' American Athenauem cultural magazine.

message 90: by Red (new)

My investigative article at Indian Country Today: "Germany's Obsession With American Indians Is Touching—And Occasionally Surreal." Published online March 23, 2013 and is also in print.

Read more at http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork...

message 91: by Red (new)

Latest release is a flash memoir piece in Sword & Saga Press' cultural magazine, Front Porch edition of American Athenaeum. The title of the memory is: "Big Mama's Pears."

Front Porch: American Athenaeum Front Porch American Athenaeum by Hunter Liguore

message 92: by Red (new)

My appreciation to Annette Gisby for posting an author spotlight/interview on her website, Books and Tales, which includes my latest release, The Agony of Joy.

http://booksandtales.blogspot.co.uk/2...

message 93: by Red (new)

My rather in-depth interview by Charles Fudgemuffin at Author Quiz for my latest novel, The Agony of Joy, its background and basis on real events.
http://authorquiz.blogspot.de/2013/07...

message 94: by Red (new)

Some of my latest news? I don't just write books, but am also a reviewer/kritik here in Germany on music, theatre events, art and similar, and a journalist for Indian Country Today Media Network...among other things.

Most notable? I was on the red carpet for The Lone Ranger premiere July 19th, covering the event for ICTMN. Johnny Depp was an arm's length away for rather some time, and my photos and commentary/translation can be found at http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.... I can be seen on the official live stream video here http://www.cinestar.de/de/kino/fulda-....

Review for venues in Germany otherwise?

A Trayvon Martin Verdict Protest, my video and photos: http://redhaircrow.com/2013/07/17/a-t...

Schloss Bröllin, photos and commentary for an artist retreat at a heritage location. For authors, musicans, performers, dancers, etc. http://redhaircrow.com/2013/07/14/sch...

My review of the art exhibit opening for Native American Zam Johnson at Schloss Bröllin http://redhaircrow.com/2013/07/10/ord...

Please see my website for many more recent events http://redhaircrow.com/.

message 95: by Red (new)

Global Ebook Award 2013 Winner, Gold in GLBT Fiction: The Agony of Joy by Red Haircrow http://globalebookawards.com/2013-glo...
The Agony of Joy by Red Haircrow

message 96: by Red (new)

Created a book trailer for my upcoming release, Variance, which is a short story and novella collection that will contain most of my work thus far.

At YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFxJjg...

message 97: by Red (last edited Mar 12, 2014 05:16AM) (new)

Coming 17 March 2014:

description
CORE

“CORE is a poetry collection with themes of suicide, loss and grief, but also of courage, joy and deeply passionate love. It is a journey of healing and survival that has taken the author around the world and through his own heart and spirit. It is the revealing of darkness and light, of beauty and hideousness, and a reliance on the strength of one's ancestors and their beliefs to inspire hope and perseverance.”

Readers appreciative of contemporary poetry written by a Native American poet who has traveled the world, and the broad spectrum of life may be interested in the forty plus poems written in a variety of styles and meters. Delivered from a unique perspective but with themes and emotions everyone may have experienced, sometimes the poetry is dark and powerful, and at others whimsically gentle.

Whether describing survivors of the Holocaust and the labor camp gulags of Soviet Russia, whether the heartbreaking struggles of beggar children on streets across Europe or the delicate intimacies of love, Red Haircrow’s work has often been described as “haunting and unforgettable.”

message 98: by Red (new)

Celebrating 4 years at Smashwords starting July 1st: we will offer selected free e-books for the entire month from our writer cooperative and multi-media entity: Flying With Red Haircrow. These include award winning titles, The Agony of Joy, and Silence Is Multi-Colored In My World, and The Runaway by Nephylim.

Please read more at one of our author’s websites:

Rainbow Warriors http://cherylheadford.blogspot.co.uk/...

Nephy’s World http://nephylim-author.blogspot.co.uk...

Book Links
Silence Free Code: QQ37F

TRAILER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...

Agony Free Code: EF88E

Variance Free Code: RG32V

Core Free Code: BD29Q

The Runaway Free Code: JT47C
TRAILER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feHpp...

« previous 1 2 next »

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

A Lieutenant's Love (other topics)
Katrdeshtr's Redemption (other topics)
Night Shift (other topics)
The Angel of Berlin (other topics)
Willy (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Robert Dunbar (other topics)
Nephylim (other topics)