Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Monthly Group Reads discussion

Zee Old Stuff! Archived > Currently reading-2011

Comments Showing 1-50 of 63 (63 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (last edited Mar 05, 2011 04:09PM) (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 902 comments Mod
Hello:

I did not see a thread for current reads 2011. So I will start this one :)

Im reading Secret Desires which is a m/m/m menage shifter romance. I like the Tri-mated element :).

message 2: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) I have a NF in progress about the Mass Gen Burn Unit - Burn Unit: Saving Lives After The Flames and started Coyote's Mate tonight - i think i'm also going to put Acquainted with the Night on my kindle because I need a Tymber fix (its a m/m/m/m sci-fi type)

message 3: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

I read the blurb to AWTN. It does sound good, enjoy!

message 4: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 77 comments I just finished Enforcer (Cascadia Wolves, #1) by Lauren Dane , it was okay. I'll read more of the series, but not for awhile.

message 5: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) oh, i shall...i haven't found a tymber dalton book I haven't loved yet

Sizzlin Miss Kenjii wrote: "I read the blurb to AWTN. It does sound good, enjoy!"

message 6: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

I have not read her yet. If I do. I would start with this one. I loved the blurb. Thanks for the endorsement. I trust your judgment :) I'm about halfway through soul deep and i have a feeling I may continue on to the next breeds book. Sometimes I take a break, but I'm sucked back I t that world!

message 7: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

@Carolyn I have not Read Lauren Dane. Have you read other books by her?

message 8: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 77 comments They're hit and miss Kenjii, I've really liked a couple and absolutely hated another. Someone told me her Cascadia books were really good, so I have a few of them.

message 9: by Lady Allison (new)

Lady Allison | 150 comments I just finished up Lisa Kleypas' Wallflowers series which I feel I should've read before her Hathaway series, but oh well. Now I need to read This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5) by Jeaniene Frost & River Marked (Mercedes Thompson, #6) by Patricia Briggs as well as finish a couple of YA I have goin' on... Matched (Matched, #1) by Ally Condie Raised by Wolves (Raised by Wolves, #1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

message 10: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 77 comments Lady Allison, I have both Night Huntress and Mercy Thompson books too! I probably won't get to them until April thought :( Too many library books.

I'm finishing Scoundrel (The Blades of the Rose, #2) by Zoe Archer , I have no idea why it's taking me so long to finish. It's good but it's not holding my interest.

message 11: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (last edited Mar 09, 2011 12:38PM) (new)

I'm reading a very good m/m/m shifter romance. It's taking me almost two weeks to finish. I love the Tri mated angle. Anything with shifters I love.
Currently:
Secret Desires (Tri-Omega Mates, #1) by Stormy Glenn
Next:

message 12: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) i like Stormy Glenn, but there (at least for me) just seems to be something missing...they are like candy, quick and filling but it never lasts for long (does that make sense?)

I'm reading an ARC of Catching an Evil Tail right now - demons; half-demons; vampires and werewolves, oh my!

message 13: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

@Dee Yes. I agree with your observation :)

message 14: by Lady Allison (new)

Lady Allison | 150 comments Carolyn, luckily (or not, depending on how fast I finish it!) NH & MT books are library books!

I'm in the middle of a good 5 books though because none of them, even though they're all fantastic, I can't seem to concentrate. Nonetheless, I started Iron Crowned (Dark Swan, #3) by Richelle Mead yesterday & will probably start Chasing Perfect (Fool's Gold, #1) by Susan Mallery

message 15: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

I finished two books tonight...I'm on a kink run and A Rose is a Rose is m/m romance...I need more erotica...off to look through my TBR pile :)

message 16: by Brittainy (new)

Brittainy Bolding | 1 comments Sizzlin Miss Kenjii wrote: "I'm reading a very good m/m/m shifter romance. It's taking me almost two weeks to finish. I love the Tri mated angle. Anything with shifters I love.
Currently:
Secret Desires (Tri-Omega Mates, #1) by Stormy Glenn
N..."

Have you tried the Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series by Laurell K. Hamilton?

message 17: by Lady Allison (new)

Lady Allison | 150 comments Kenji, I have a bunch of Selena Kitt epubs/pdfs that I'd be happy to forward on to you! I like her, her sex scenes never get old.

message 18: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

@Brittainy I am currently reading book 1 in the Anita Blake series. My friend is letting me borrow them. I am reading it bit by bit. I like Anita :)

@Lady A :) ummm yes please! Hehe..I've read a couple of her erotica novels and so far the back to back pages upon pages of slippery wet sex have not gotten boring, no, not at all! I like her naughty style. I will send you my info.

message 19: by Lady Allison (new)

Lady Allison | 150 comments Sent!

Finished Iron Crowned today & if I hadn't been reading on my precious nook, I would've thrown it against the wall. More than once. I was SO frustrated with it!

message 20: by Lisa O. (new)

Lisa O. | 77 comments Lady Allison, Oh no! I have Iron Crowned waiting on my kindle to read. This is one of those series that will start to bug me and then redeem itself over and over, I'm worried about this one now.

Otherwise, I'm currently reading The Wise Man's Fear and Silver Borne, and really liking both of those.

The Wise Man's Fear (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #2) by Patrick Rothfuss Silver Borne (Mercedes Thompson, #5) by Patricia Briggs

message 21: by Lady Allison (new)

Lady Allison | 150 comments Lisa, it's still important to read it if you like the series but it's just incredibly frustrating. I've never had a problem with Eugenie before but for a good 75% of the book, I wanted to smack her upside the head! The end was worth everything, though. & of course, in typical Mead style she ends it with a cliffhanger & another YEAR to wait until the next one!

message 22: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Lady Allison St. Vincent wrote: "Kenji, I have a bunch of Selena Kitt epubs/pdfs that I'd be happy to forward on to you! I like her, her sex scenes never get old."

I've been out of town but I'm reading a bit of Naughty Bits today and wow. She sure knows how to make to wonder...hehe...

message 23: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 1167 comments Mod
Have you gotten to read the Erotic rendition of Sleeping Beauty by Anne Rice yet?

message 24: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Now that I'm reading more erotica and BDSM. It's on the top of the my to read list. I have the first book.

message 25: by Sassy (new)

Sassy | 2 comments I enjoy cozies and urban fantasy.
Just finished reading ""Play Dead"
by John Levett.
Good series so far.
I am also finishing up a new author I have found.
Urban fantasy? Don't know.
"Under Witch Moon".
A very different kind of story.
Anybody read any of these stories?
Sassy/heather

message 26: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (sdylion) | 1 comments I am currently working my way through the "Signs of The Zodiac" series by Vicki Pettersson. I am starting the 2nd book: "The Taste of Night". This is an amazing series.

message 27: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

I'm currently reading
Pleasure Palace

message 28: by Lisa O. (new)

Lisa O. | 77 comments I'm now reading Late Eclipses the newest October Daye book, and Interview with a Vampire, which has been on my TBR pile forever.

Late Eclipses (October Daye #4) by Seanan McGuire Interview With the Vampire (The Vampire Chronicles, #1) by Anne Rice

Just finished Lover Unleashed and loved it! Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #9) by J.R. Ward

message 29: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

I'm leisurely flipping through Pleasure Palace. I like E. Anderson's m/f erotica but I LOVE her m/m erotica. So this book is taking me a while to get through.

My left eye is a bit hazy today but I'm still trying to work lol. I got a couple books from www.netgalley.com
Ultraviolet
Bite Me

Both are YA paranormals. The first is not yet released.

message 30: by Littlechoo (new)

Littlechoo | 1 comments Just started Spider's Bite

message 31: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (last edited Jun 28, 2011 01:42PM) (new)

? I got Enemy Overnight on a kindle lend. So I started that today. I read book one back in 2008!

message 32: by Cassie Cruel (last edited Jul 02, 2011 08:11AM) (new)

Cassie Cruel (faith_isola) I'm reading Wages of Sin (Cin Craven, #1) by Jenna Maclaine

message 33: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

I finished Angel's Wish by Kissa Starling. Which was a f/f Bdsm paranormal romance.

message 34: by Dale (new)

Dale Ibitz (goodreadscomdale_ibitz) Currently reading, which I'm liking quite a bit!

Haunted (Dreaming Anastasia, #2) by Joy Preble

message 35: by Jade aka MrsTosh (last edited Aug 01, 2011 05:10AM) (new)

Jade aka MrsTosh (mrstosh) I am currently reading Cry Wolf love it!!! and have finished it and really enjoy the series next im reading Forever (Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater

Samantha (Book Lover's Cozy Cafe) (sparklyblueyes) I just finished I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore and when I settle down for the night I am going to be reading Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1) by Thea Harrison

Samantha (Book Lover's Cozy Cafe) (sparklyblueyes) finished Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1) by Thea Harrison earlier this afternoon and have been reading Bad Moon Rising (Dark-Hunter, #18) (Were-Hunter, #5) by Sherrilyn Kenyon since then.

Samantha (Book Lover's Cozy Cafe) (sparklyblueyes) finished Bad Moon Rising (Dark-Hunter, #18) (Were-Hunter, #5) by Sherrilyn Kenyon at 3:30 this morning MST. Getting ready to read Scent of Darkness (Darkness Chosen, #1) by Christina Dodd

message 39: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

I wasn't able to get through BAD MOON RISING.I am stuck in that one in the DH series. I see book trailers for RETRIBUTION and I get sad because I miss the DH world

Samantha (Book Lover's Cozy Cafe) (sparklyblueyes) really? I love Bad moon rising it's one of my fav's

message 41: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) i liked bad moon rising, but i think its also a difficult one because there was so much drawn from other books in the series that you could potentially be lost - which sucked because Fang/Aimee was one of the pairings I was looking forward to

Samantha (Book Lover's Cozy Cafe) (sparklyblueyes) yeah true it was back tracked a lot which could be confusing.

message 43: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) I'm waiting for retributon to come in at the library - I liked her books, but now that she went to hardcover, they aren't worth paying all that money for - i'll happily pay paperback price, but not hardcover

Sarah (Head Stuck In A Book) (sezjb) | 1 comments Currently reading One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress, #6) by Jeaniene Frost

message 45: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Are they in e book form? E book 'hadcover' prices are 9.99 and up but still way less and a new hardcover book.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

I have just started the third book in the Charlie Madigan series The Hour of Dust and Ashes (Charlie Madigan #3) by Kelly Gay

message 47: by Yaz (last edited Sep 12, 2011 10:58AM) (new)

Yaz | 14 comments I've finished Wicked Enchantment (Dark Magick, #1) by Anya Bast it was really good, tons of action, and I loved Gabriel, that I started the next one.
Cruel Enchantment (Dark Magick, #2) by Anya Bast I'm half way through, it's not as good as the first but still enjoyable.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm still reading The Hour of Dust and Ashes (Charlie Madigan #3) by Kelly Gay and it is brilliant. If you liked the other Charlie Madigan books would recommend this. I need to finish for the buddy read starting Sunday though.

message 49: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

I finished a historical western menage:
Tangled Past (Tangled) by Leah Braemel

Now I am reading a anthology which I am almost done with too:
Red Roses & Shattered Glass by H.C. Brown

I was thinking of starting the 'Born Of' series by Sherrilyn Kenyon. I miss her writing. I want to catch up on the DH series but I am stuck on BMR....

message 50: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) the ebook was 13.99...I ended up gettng t from the library...disliked retribution immensely...I think i'm about done wth the series

Sizzlin Miss Kenjii wrote: "Are they in e book form? E book 'hadcover' prices are 9.99 and up but still way less and a new hardcover book."

« previous 1