Reamde Reamde discussion

Title?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Snail in Danger (Sid) Nicolaides Seeing lots of claims that the title is actually REAMDE. But in the absence of a horse's-mouth statement or a cover I'm hesitant to change it.

message 2: by Hirondelle (new) - added it

Hirondelle I was messing around the book´s data yesterday, thought somebody had thought REAMDE was a typo and decided to change it. But if amazon says it is README, till proof in contrary better assume it is README. The news of REAMDE are from last year, there is a chance publisher or bookseller´s lobbied successfully for a less eccentric title.

I did change original language from hungarian to english though :)

Snail in Danger (Sid) Nicolaides The interesting thing about REAMDE is that it could either shuffle to README or REMADE. I like the ambiguity if REAMDE turns out to be the title ... but I suspect that README is more likely.

message 4: by Hirondelle (new) - added it

Hirondelle That is settled, we were right and amazon wrong.

http://www.harpercollinscatalogs.com/...

REAMDE could be README or REMADE or even (ah, not likely, but still possible) REAMED. All of which I can see NS incorporating into plot. In all it seems a much more interesting title.

gold farming thriller, OMG, yes.

message 5: by C (new) - rated it 4 stars

C Van REAMDE=README=REAMED

Mike REAMDE it is. Pronounced Reem Dee. Since it's about a virus that infects unsuspecting users, the title is a play on the ubiquitous "ReadMe" file that accompanies every piece of software and hardware.

Oh, also it's a pretty fun book and non-stop action for the whole thing.

Snail in Danger (Sid) Nicolaides People replying to this thread should note that it was started over a year ago, when there was less clarity from official sources. We know what the title is now. :)

Also, I'm going to disagree with Mike. Well, okay, the action level was pretty good if that's what you're into. But as a Stephenson book it was pretty lackluster.

message 8: by Lee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lee Gunter It was no "Snow Crash" but I enjoyed it quite a bit. Enjoyable characters and a good story. And great writing.