Keeping the Moon Keeping the Moon discussion

What do you think about it?

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mari (new)

Mari I have heard so much good about this book, but is it really that good? I kinda want to buy it/read it, but if it is not that good i guess i won't bother taking the time to sit down and read it...
Please leave a comment and tell me what you think about it, why I should read it/why i shouldn't.

- Liebe :*

Shelby Bays i love it. it is really original but not wierd. plus i love all of sara dessens books. and dont buy it just check it out at your local library.

message 3: by Mari (new)

Mari Shelby wrote: "i love it. it is really original but not wierd. plus i love all of sara dessens books. and dont buy it just check it out at your local library."

Thanks! The only problem is that I live in Norway, and Sarah Dessen's books is nowhere to be found, exept this one online store (that I know about)...

Prarthana I love this book.... if u havent read it... u should

Stormy I started to read it and quit. =/

Prarthana Awww... why?

A.F. I read this book a looong time ago, but I remember really really liking it! It was very original...read it, i'm sure you will enjoy it! i wouldn't buy it though, if my library had a copy of it...

Helya i love it, one of my favorite of dessen's

Stormy Prarthana wrote: "Awww... why?"

Idk i got bored. Maybe i gave up too soon?

Prarthana Yes.... u did.....

Rindya I love Sarah Dessen books. I read them all except the new one. Keeping the moon has good issue to tell.

Toby Lauren I think all of her books tell an important story, and shed light on topics most of us are curious abou. I absolutely adore her, and all of her books.

Prarthana Yes.... So do i!!

message 14: by Resident Optimist (last edited Apr 22, 2011 05:43PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Resident Optimist Edit:

Oops I went on about the wrong book. But still I didn't like this as much as Sarah Dessen's other novels.

I found this one to be similar to her other novels in terms of characters but didn't really enjoy it as part of a storyline.

I do think it's worth buying though, it's a great book, just not Dessen's best :)

Prarthana What book was that one?

Atarah Poling Mari wrote: "I have heard so much good about this book, but is it really that good? I kinda want to buy it/read it, but if it is not that good i guess i won't bother taking the time to sit down and read it...
..."

I suggest you read it if you're really into young adult fiction meant for young girls. I really enjoy it and have a copy of my own. It's really a great book. The main character has to face some obstacles and problems that many teen girls have to face in real life. Give it a shot. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Sarah Green I started it then Quit. But then I started it again and once I got through the beginning I am so glad I continued on, it's such an a amazing book as all Sarah Dessen books are. It really makes you think. But in a good way. (:

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

i'm reading it now, it's special that she used a once-obese girl as the main character, shows a different point of view

Daniela Toby Lauren wrote: "I think all of her books tell an important story, and shed light on topics most of us are curious abou. I absolutely adore her, and all of her books."

I think you are totally right. They are such great books and the stories can be realistic in real life.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

i know, temporarily i'm reading this lullaby, also by sarah dessen, i skimmed ahead - so much swearing, pretty dramatic

message 21: by Abby (new) - rated it 4 stars

Abby I read it. I like it too. I liked most of Sara Dessens books. It was the frist book I read by her.

Savanah I'm a far of Sarah Dessen but I wasn't a fan of this book.
I just found it to be kind of lame compared to her other books.. didn't keep my interest at all.

message 23: by Miss007 (new)

Miss007 Is this one worth to start with when i have read The truth about forever and Lock & Key, and i do have Just listen,What happened to goodbye and Dreamland and this Last Chance to choose from what do you guys think?

Valerie Hmmmmmm... it was good but not as good. A little cheesy, but hey, that's just my opinion.

liTTleTalks It was SO slow! i couldn't get into it! It took me FOREVER to finish it just didn't interest me like other books shes written. Sarah has wrote better books in my opinion!