Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Previous BRs - Authors; A - D > River Marked (Mercedes Thompson, #6) by Patricia Briggs

Comments Showing 1-50 of 68 (68 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lisarenee (last edited Mar 01, 2011 01:29PM) (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments River Marked (Mercedes Thompson, #6) by Patricia Briggs
This topic is open for discussion of River Marked by Patricia Briggs. It is the 6th and latest of the Mercy Thompson series and part of our second series read. Be prepared for SPOILERS.

Description on Goodreads:
Car mechanic Mercy Thompson has always known there was something different about her, and not just the way she can make a VW engine sit up and beg. Mercy is a shapeshifter, a talent she inherited from her long-gone father. She's never known any others of her kind. Until now.

An evil is stirring in the depths of the Columbia River-one that her father's people may know something about. And to have any hope of surviving, Mercy and her mate, the Alpha werewolf Adam, will need their help...

Pages: 326

message 2: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments So I finally finished. Mercy got Married! I love how they surprised her with a surprise wedding.

So we got to meet a new fae called otterkins, although I believe that's the last we'll see of them. We FINALLY got to meet Mercy's dad. *doing a happy dance* Yay! I have been waiting to find out for a long time and it looks like he might be a permanent addition so the story. But may I ask what's up with him not confessing he's her father? A little odd.

I wished we'd have found more out about Mercy's powers. I wonder if she has any more? Why didn't her father use his healing powers at the end? Didn't he heal her earlier in the book? I'll post more tomorrow but thought I'd post my initial thoughts now.

message 3: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments For those of you wondering here is a picture of "She Who Watches" from the book:

message 4: by Lisarenee (last edited Mar 04, 2011 05:14AM) (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Here are some pictures of stonehenge from the book:

message 5: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Picture Columbian River Gorge:

message 6: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Picture of Horsetheif Lake. It's Beautiful.

message 7: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments I think you could get away without rereading the fifth book. This one starts up pretty much with the wedding and they head off on their honeymoon. Only thing that I couldn't remember was the yo-yo girl who killed the Fae Queen or whatever she was. They kept talking about a prophecy/prediction she made and I couldn't find it in the book. I couldn't figure out if there was one in the previous book or if I somehow missed it in this one. I think if you reread any the fifth is the only one you'd have to reread and then you could tell me if there is any mention in that book or this. It wasn't that critical to know, but it did make me scratch my head wondering.

message 8: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments REVISIT

message 9: by Laura (last edited Jul 03, 2017 02:13PM) (new)

Laura | 9707 comments End of chapter 1
(view spoiler)

One of my favorite images of Mercy!

message 10: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments End of chapter 2
(view spoiler)

message 11: by Alissa (new)

Alissa | 771 comments I forgot when we were suppose to start so I'm about to start chapter 4.

I don't know about this one. The drama hasn't started yet so I'm excited to see what it will be. I don't think this one is going to have more vampires in it. But I'm happy he made an appearance.

message 12: by Alissa (new)

Alissa | 771 comments Also completely agree that the wedding plan was great and just what she needed or I don't know if it would have happened.

message 13: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments Sounds great Alissa. I read chapter 3 this afternoon so can easily read chapter 4 tonight after clean up!!

message 14: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments End of Chapter 3
(view spoiler)

message 15: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments Chapters 4- 8
(view spoiler)

message 16: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments Couldn't help myself, I had to see how this ends. Sorry!!
So good!

FINISHED
(view spoiler)

message 17: by Alissa (new)

Alissa | 771 comments Laura wrote: "End of Chapter 3

So is Mercy's dad dead or alive? Was he a walker like her? Too many unanswered questions in this chapter.
Her vision was a bit creepy!!
Mercy always seems like she doesn't belong..."

I agree that made me feel like he may still be alive. Her vision was really creepy and I think we will learn more about her Indian side this book.

message 18: by Alissa (new)

Alissa | 771 comments I just finished chapter 5 so I'm not going to look at you comments until I get there.

I just finished the Woman in Cabin 10 so I should be able to get close to finishing since I know its about to make the turn where I have to know how it ends.

message 19: by Alissa (new)

Alissa | 771 comments I finally read to through chapter 8. You are right about this one being the best one yet. I like how much we are finding out about Mercy and who and what she is.

I wonder if Calvin is related to Mercy since I definitely think he also changes to a coyote.

I can't wait to see what happens. I'll probably finish in a couple hours and try to catch you on book 7.

message 20: by Alissa (new)

Alissa | 771 comments I finished and yes that fight was crazy. I knew the stick was coming into play. I love the Coyote and I hope we get to see him again.

I agree about her relationships evolving over the series. I like how Briggs brings everyone closer without it feeling forced. that is why I was patient after the first one knowing it could only get better with each book.

message 21: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments Alissa wrote: "I finally read to through chapter 8. You are right about this one being the best one yet. I like how much we are finding out about Mercy and who and what she is.

I wonder if Calvin is related to ..."

Ack, sorry, I read book 7. It was also really good!! It will be several days until I read book 8. ( I have to wait for it to come in -paper copy) I will wait for you to catch up if you like.

message 22: by Alissa (new)

Alissa | 771 comments Sounds good

message 23: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments How about if I ask for a thread tomorrow for book 8 for two weeks from today? Would that work?

message 24: by Alissa (new)

Alissa | 771 comments Yes!

message 25: by Laura (last edited Jul 17, 2017 05:37PM) (new)

Laura | 9707 comments BUDDY READ FOR Night Broken (Mercy Thompson, #8) by Patricia Briggs Night Broken BY PATRICIA BRIGGS- STARTING JULY 17, 2017

message 26: by Alissa (new)

Alissa | 771 comments Are we doing it here?

message 27: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments sure, we may as well. Since we don't have a thread! Anyone comes behind us, I 'm sure they won't mind. ( or at least I hope not)

Chapters 1-3
(view spoiler)

message 28: by Alissa (new)

Alissa | 771 comments (view spoiler)

message 29: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments Another three for tomorrow? 4 if its not too much of a stretch?

message 30: by Alissa (new)

Alissa | 771 comments Sounds good....so through 7

message 31: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments Yes

message 32: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments I'm almost finished chapter 7. It definitely got a whole lot more interesting. Back soon with some comments.

message 33: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments Chapters 4-7
(view spoiler)

message 34: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments Ahh , sorry, Alissa, I'm likely going to finish this one tonight. Its hard just reading a little bit.
Lots of paranormal /supernatural in this one!

message 35: by Alissa (new)

Alissa | 771 comments (view spoiler)

Are we going to finish it or read through chapter 10?

message 36: by Alissa (new)

Alissa | 771 comments You were reading my mind 🤓

message 37: by Alissa (new)

Alissa | 771 comments It ended at the point that you don't want to stop. I'm going to work on getting book 9.

message 38: by Laura (last edited Jul 18, 2017 04:53PM) (new)

Laura | 9707 comments Lets try and finish it off. I can finish it tonight. I am sprinting so that will help. I have the next one but I can wait for you. I 'll switch back to the Morganville Vampires until you can get a copy.

I have been reading them from my Overdrive but this copy is a physical paperback. Nice for a change!

message 39: by Alissa (new)

Alissa | 771 comments I got it at one of my libraries so I can start the next one.

message 40: by Alissa (new)

Alissa | 771 comments Is the series good?

message 41: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments Great! Want to start Fire Touched (Mercy Thompson, #9) by Patricia Briggs tomorrow? I can keep to 3 chapters tomorrow! ( Parents are coming in)

Yes, I do like the Morganville series. I 'm hoping to continue with it. I 've read a few now so I 'm invested in the characters. If you don't mind YA you may like it.

message 42: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments chapters 8 to finish
(view spoiler)

message 43: by Alissa (new)

Alissa | 771 comments Yes, this was my favorite so far so excited I have the next one to start!!
Agree completely with all you said.

(view spoiler)

message 44: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments This one was not my favorite. I couldn't stand Christy and couldn't understand why Adam wouldn't say anything. Plot, I guess. I did really like it, though. The two before this one have been my favorites.

message 45: by Laura (last edited Jul 19, 2017 02:16PM) (new)

Laura | 9707 comments BUDDY READ FOR Fire Touched (Mercy Thompson, #9) by Patricia BriggsBY PATRICIA BRIGGS, STARTING JULY 19, 2017

message 46: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments Oh boy, the synopsis looks really good for this one! I'm guessing they go against Bran's orders?

message 47: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments Only 29 pages in so far but it's good so far!

message 48: by Alissa (new)

Alissa | 771 comments Yes it's started off action packed

message 49: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments chapters 1- 7
(view spoiler)

message 50: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments chapters 8- end
(view spoiler)
Looking forward to the next book. Hopefully, it comes in on Thursday!

« previous 1