Start by marking “Night Broken (Mercy Thompson, #8)” as Want to Read:
Night Broken (Mercy Thompson, #8)

Night Broken (Mercy Thompson #8)

4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  24,866 ratings  ·  2,522 reviews
An unexpected phone call heralds a new challenge for Mercy. Her mate Adam’s ex-wife is in trouble, on the run from her new boyfriend. Adam isn’t the kind of man to turn away a person in need—and Mercy knows it. But with Christy holed up in Adam’s house, Mercy can’t shake the feeling that something about the situation isn’t right.

Soon, her suspicions are confirmed when she
Published March 11th 2014 by Ace Hardcover (first published March 4th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Night Broken, please sign up.

Porcelain Patricia says there is going to be another book, "After this book is done, I’ve got another Mercy Thompson novel, and then I’ll need to negotiate…morePatricia says there is going to be another book, "After this book is done, I’ve got another Mercy Thompson novel, and then I’ll need to negotiate another contract with my publisher."
She also says she will not stop writing them unless, " I do not intend to stop writing either of my ongoing series unless I get tired of them, or get hit by a bus. And I don’t intend to get hit by a bus."
Link to interview. :)
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
10th out of 2,646 books — 15,891 voters
Night Broken by Patricia BriggsThe King by J.R. WardUp From the Grave by Jeaniene FrostSixth Grave on the Edge by Darynda JonesBurning Dawn by Gena Showalter
2014 Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy (January - June)
1st out of 603 books — 2,453 voters

More lists with this book...

Lege

4,5 stars read for me.

It was so good being back in Mercy Thompson world.
You can always count on Patty Briggs to deliver quality story (imo) and Night Broken was no exception.

Bare plot: Christy, Adam's ex wife is running from a nasty stalker, so she decided to seek protection with Adam and his Pack. Unfortunately for Mercy, stalker in question is dangerous supernatural who can end them all and Christy just won't take the hint that there is a new Alpha's Mate in Columbia Basin pack.

When blurb f
Ferdy
2.5 stars - Spoilers

I really didn't like this installment, mainly because I pretty much hated every character (especially Adam and Christy)… The only ones I didn't mind were Jesse, Tad, and Warren… Even Mercy irritated me with her overly understanding Mary Sue attitude towards Adam and his ex.

-What's what: Adam's ex wife (Christy) has a crazy psycho stalker after her, Mercy and co have to protect her. Also, Mercy has to look for her sort of dad (Coyote) so he can give her back a magical walking
Esra
Every book has an end but this one shouldn't ... I can read forever.

MY THOUGHTS ABOUT CHRISTY

Just kill her already . Most hateable character of history
Coyote and gary was my favorite.

They were better than mercy and adam :D mercy was too tame about christy's actions. Blue shampoo revenge thing wasn't enough . Not even close. And adam was unresponsive about her actions too. he banned her from hospital! what a big deal alpha man!!

It was an awesome book. I love every word of it. I love you pa
Anne
This is an example of urban fantasy at it's finest.
I hate to say it, but I've given up on a lot of the series in the adult UF genre that I used to love.
Why?
Well, it seems that after a few kick-ass books, they turn into paranormal romance...or worse. Take the Anita Blake series for instance. The first few books had a badass heroine that rocked, and then the series transitioned into shitty erotica.
That's not what I signed up for.
I wanted magic and mayhem!
Not elongated nipples and ten foot were
Regina
This book is fantastic. I loved every minute, every word and every page. The set-up promises an emotionally tense situation for the pack, Mercy and Adam. This could have been done poorly but it wasn't -- Briggs writes the history and the complexity of Adam's ex combing back to town so well. Have you been missing Samuel? Stefan? Wulfe? Tad? The crew is back. Full review to come closer to release date but damn -- good stuff.

Q&A today at Badass Book Reviews: http://badassbookreviews.com/intervi
VampireNovelFan
Baby Mama Drama Rama! Review + Giveaway 3/6/2014-3/16/2014

When a book is quotable, I'm gonna quote!
"Adam snorted as he pulled on a faded green t-shirt that said "I Heart Coyotes." Yet another sign that folding my clean clothes wasn't too big a price to pay to make him happy. He didn't have any "I Heart Christy " shirts--or I would have burned them already."

"I thought we should apply that kind of thinking to the matter of Cristy's stalker." He gave me a skeptical look. "No, really," I said
If it ain't good I don't read it !

Christy wants Adam back?

description

Mercy's gonna murder your ass!! hands down !

description

I got only 3 words for you RUN BITCH RUN!!
Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽
Bad news comes into Mercyworld and her name is Christy...aka ex-wife, aka bad mother, aka all around horrible person. That being said, what better way to create a bunch of drama and angst into the story. And have Mercy fight all her battles. It's a win-win for Christy...almost!

See Christy slept with some guy she just met who was definitely handsome but a little weird. Turns out her hit her, she hit him with a frying pan and then another guy she dated ended up dead. Now she's freaked and running
Jen (Red Hot Books)
This was one of the most emotionally resonant Mercy Thompson books I have read. Patricia Briggs always does a good job of putting us inside Mercy's head, but I think this book really hit home for me because her emotional struggles centered on something that could just as easily happen to any one of us. The return of the ex.

That's right, Adam's ex-wife is the main foil of this story and I've got to say it felt kind of unusual for a relationship factor to take center stage in one of these books. O
Mandi Schreiner
I truly love this series but it hasn’t been perfect for me. I think the characters and the world are pretty great, but sometimes I’m just darn bored and that kind of happened in this book. Maybe bored isn’t the right word but I felt like this book was a filler for two reasons – Adam’s ex-wife and the villain. They both seemed to have no purpose unless I’m missing something big and if I am please yell at me in the comments.

Adam’s ex-wife, Christy comes to stay in Adam and Mercy’s house when her b
Jessica ❁ Elsecaller ❁ at Rabid Reads
So I've been a superlative person pretty much my whole life. What does that mean? Well, it means I either love something, or I hate it. There are various things in the world that I have a fairly M-E-H reaction to, but mostly it's either "OMGILOVEIT!" or "OMGWTF?!" This is especially true about certain types of situations I come across in the books I read, and what is the #1 thing I hate most in the world with the fire of thousand suns??

EX-DRAMA.

I don't care what kind. If it's an ex-girlfriend,
Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead
Go check out Regina’s interview at badassbookreviews.com, Regina always has the best questions...

Here is the link to the interview..

My review...
Loved it. I thought I'd hate the ex coming back to try and mess stuff up but it is just a minor part of the story. Gary and Coyote made me laugh, Honey rocked, and there is a monster in this story that is so bad, it makes werewolves look like puppies.
Audrey Jane
*minor spoilers*

This is déjà vu.

I think a comparison is in order. In the latest instalment of the Kate Daniels series (Magic Rises) most of the readers got displeased with the character Lorelei since there was no apparent reason to add some drama in Curran and Kate's relationship. The thing is, it didn't bother me that much because there was enough going on beside that minor issue. But in Night Broken the same trope of 'let's add a third (female) party that desperately tries to disrupt a harmon
Soha
update:
I gave this book 4.5 amazing stars

because wow this book was everything I though it would be and just as amazing as the rest of the series. Mercy is back and she's gotten herself into even more trouble (surprise, surprise). Honestly, there was nothing about this book that I didn't love. Mercy's witty dialogue, the action packed story line and the romance between Adam and Mercy.

The one thing that stopped me from giving it 5 stars was the fact that Adam never actually stood up for Mercy. I
Angela
8 December 2014: $2.27 on Kindle

16 October 2014: $3.64 on Kindle

Review to come. I need to process.

The more I think about the things happening here, the more impressed I am. This was a more episodic book than some of them - in that there was the 'Big Bad' and only small movements done to the overall world-arc. I, personally, loved that but I can see how it might bother others.

There's a lot of tension in this book, a lot of division - for a good portion of it. But I like the way things are headi
AH
Just awesome! This series just gets better and better!

In this installment of the Mercy Thompson series, Mercy is trying to cement her role as an Alpha’s mate. The pack doesn’t readily accept Mercy into the pack as she is a coyote shifter not a werewolf. To further exacerbate the situation, Adam’s human ex-wife Christy arrives because she is being stalked. Christy is a master manipulator and soon has the pack eating out of her hands – literally. Mercy is in one of those “damned if you do, damned
Naoms
Originally Posted on: Confessions of an Opinionated Book Geek

Stay tuned tomorrow for my interview with Patricia Briggs! :-)

Mercy Thompson is one of the best Urban Fantasy series around. Maybe the best of its kind. While other series start out good and promising they then fall and buckle under the weight of extended contracts, and trying to stretch a story that was originally a trilogy into five or more books. Not so Mercy Thompson. Patricia Briggs has consistently released installments that are
Glass
Series review posted at Ja čitam, a ti?

Don't you just love it when great series keep coming your way? And when little something extra comes in a form of two great girls - Vishous and Glam - who are buddy reading it with you? After finishing Kate Daniels, I realized that I am not ready to part ways with urban fantasy, so picked up Moon Called and the rest is history.

What I liked?

# Mythology. Patricia Briggs gave us this weird, but little bit closer to the roots, mash up of different paranormal
Beanbag Love
This was going to be a five star until the ending. So much ramped up stress and then it's over. It's not the fact that I always want more Mercy it's just that it wraps up really quickly and abruptly stops. It has me disgruntled enough to cost it a whole star. :(

Otherwise this reading experience was sublime. It contains one of my most hated tropes which isn't resolved, unfortunately, by the end of the book. But Briggs handles it better than others have recently. I guess it's not a spoiler since i
♥Rachel♥
As usual with the Mercy Thompson series, I was glued to the pages. I detested Christy (Adam's ex-wife and master manipulator) and I dreaded her bit in the story. The saving grace was that Adam staunchly supported Mercy, and they were a united front. I do wonder why the heck he let Christy answer his phone so many times, though! The action and plot were fast paced and distracted me from Christy enough to enjoy the story. Mercy shined the whole way through, but I wouldn't have minded if she was a ...more
Lisa (Fic Talk)

Could I be anymore excited for this book? I need more Mercy!... and Adam ;P

description

UPDATE:
HAVE YOU SEEN THAT COVER?!?! I LOVE IT! I NEED IT NOW!

Christina Dodd
If you've never read the Mercy Thompson series, you should. It is my favorite series and has held that place in my heart since I started reading it about three years ago. How much do I like it? I read the series in hardcover. I don't like to read hardcover (I know, I have one coming out, but the fact remains, I prefer books over ebooks and I love a book I can put in my purse so I never end up waiting around without reading material, which for me is an Emergency Situation.) But also, if you've ne ...more
Steph
I have to admit, when I first read the blurb for Night Broken I was worried. Well, FIRST, I was thrilled because the release of the book's blurb means the book's release day is closer than forever-and-a-day away. THEN, I was worried when I digested the bit about "... Christy [Adam's human ex-wife] has the farthest thing from good intentions. She wants Adam back and she’s willing to do whatever it takes to make it happen, including turning Adam’s pack against Mercy." I was worried because I knew ...more
★ʜɑʋɘɳ★
Decent book in the Mercy universe, I guess, but imo by far the weakest of the series.
Things I missed:
- More interactions with fae, especially Zee and Tad
- More development with the general world building/rising conflict in focus
- Mercy shifting to coyote form - seems to happen less and less
- Some kind or unkind words from Bran
- A satisfying monster
- A satisfying fight; this one was yawn
- Less making me hate Adam - you can do better, wolf! Be glad you're not my husband, I wouldn't have put up w
Tabitha (Pabkins)
Night Broken is another great addition to the urban fantasy, Mercy Thompson series. If you're just now coming in, this is book #8 in the Mercy Thompson series and you will definitely want to stop in your tracks and read the preceding books first if you haven't already. With that said, prepare for a tense ride!

It is never ok to invite your Ex to be a house guest!
- I say this with the an utter lack of compassion and civility a wife can possibly muster (because hey you just don't go there). There i
Erica Ravenclaw
I think this was my favorite Mercy book in ages. I devoured it today, in one sitting, while I systematically ignored all other aspects of real life. I'm not really feeling the reviewing aspect of reading right now... maybe one day I'll feel like writing a review. I am sure however, it's not today.
★ʜɑʋɘɳ★
I cannot stretch how much I LOVE Lorelei King as a narrator. She absolutely ROCKS. She's truly brilliant at bringing all kinds of characters to life, at giving each and every person their own unique voice. Also, she made this book a lot less painful than when I read it first.

Apart from that, the story of this book is simply so weak. It made me hate almost every character apart from maybe Tad, Honey, Ben and Stefan. Even Mercy and Adam were driving me nuts. Mercy - as Adam stated in the previous
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
Sep 03, 2014 Anna (Bobs Her Hair) rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: UF fans
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Grade: B-

Mercy has battled various being of power. This time, she faced Adam'sex-wife, Christy, a manipulative human being. I didn't expect Adam & Mercy's pack to be so gullible - it didn't fit with this world - but Honey wasn't duped, which made Christy's damsel-in-distress routine easier to swallow. The presence of Honey, Gary Laughingdog, and Coyote provided a few of the best parts of this story. Adam had his moments too, especially the way he expresses his love for Mercy.

Coyote and Gary
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Throughout the Mercy Thompson series, readers have witnessed the constant growth of Mercy’s character. She has endured so much, but has also found a family within the Columbia Basin wolf pack. In NIGHT BROKEN, Patricia Briggs makes Mercy’s character all the more relatable by centering the book on something that could happen to any of us – the return of the ex-wife.

Adam’s ex-wife, Christy has caused problems for them before. However, when Mercy gets a phone call from a terrified Christy begging t
  • Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels, #7)
  • Black Arts (Jane Yellowrock, #7)
  • Ritual Magic (World of the Lupi, #10)
  • Night Blade (Colbana Files, #2)
  • The Winter Long (October Daye, #8)
  • Night Shift (Kate Daniels, #6.5; SPI Files, # 0.5; Psy-Changeling, #12.5)
  • Murder of Crows (The Others, #2)
  • Curran POV Collection
  • Banishing the Dark (Arcadia Bell, #4)

Patricia Briggs was born in Butte, Montana to a children’s librarian who passed on to her kids a love of reading and books. Patricia grew up reading fairy tales and books about horses, and later developed an interest in folklore and history. When she decided to write a book of her own, a fantasy book seemed a na
More about Patricia Briggs...

Mercy Thompson (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, #1)
  • Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, #2)
  • Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson, #3)
  • Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson, #4)
  • Silver Borne (Mercy Thompson, #5)
  • River Marked (Mercy Thompson, #6)
  • Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson, #7)
  • Fire Touched (Mercy Thompson, #9)
  • Untitled  (Mercy Thompson, #10)
  • Untitled  (Mercy Thompson, #11)
Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, #1) Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson, #3) Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, #2) Silver Borne (Mercy Thompson, #5) Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson, #4)

“Love means leaving yourself vulnerable, knowing that there is someone to catch you when you fall. ~ Mercy” 33 likes
“No, really," I said. "Now that we know that Flores is really this nasty, fiery, superpowerful nothing-can-kill-me demon from hell, maybe we should consider just giving Christy to him?” 28 likes