Book Geeks and Bookniks discussion

What We're Reading > Hellooooo: anyone out there reading?

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Theresa (new)

Theresa It's been quiet around here. Is anyone reading anything good this week?

Theresa

message 2: by Sara (new)

Sara (rstjm4) | 70 comments I am reading! I am reading Traveling Light by Katrina Kittle. I really like it so far!!

message 3: by Stacey (new)

Stacey I just finished History of Love and finishing up The Lonely Polygamist(loving it). Turning to something lighter, I started The Chocolate Cupid Killings by Joanna Carl.

message 4: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen (gkonkler5) Sara wrote: "I am reading! I am reading Traveling Light by Katrina Kittle. I really like it so far!!"

Sara I loved The Kindness of Strangers by Katrina Kittle and have Traveling Light on my TBR shelf. Thinking I'll move to my "Pending" pile.

message 5: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen (gkonkler5) I sadly gave up on I Never Promised You a Rose Garden. However, started The Girl Who Chased the Moon and enjoying it.

Also, listening to Little Princes: One Man's Promise to Bring Home the Lost Children of Nepal. Makes me want to go to Nepal and volunteer!

message 6: by Liz (new)

Liz I finished "History of Love" & "The Valcourt Heiress" by Catherine Coulter. I'm currrently reading one of the scrapbooking series by Laura Childs.

message 7: by Annika (new)

Annika Theresa wrote: "It's been quiet around here. Is anyone reading anything good this week?

Theresa"

LOL- I think we must have gone overboard with our National Margarita Day celebrations:)

I finished Swamplandia! and liked it but didn't love it. Now I'm reading A Discovery of Witches and just LOVE it!

message 8: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissa419) | 123 comments I'm reading Maggie-Now. Not far into it, but so far I'm not really getting into it.

message 9: by Mary (new)

Mary | 236 comments Oh, darn, Melissa! As I said, I read it many years ago (as a teenager), but I was enthralled. Try to give yourself a little longer in it and hopefully it'll turn around for you.

message 10: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissa419) | 123 comments I hope so, I'm going to try and hang in there.

message 11: by Carol (new)

Carol (actutor) I read that years ago. It didn't impress me as much as A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, but I think it was ok.

Melissa wrote: "I'm reading Maggie-Now. Not far into it, but so far I'm not really getting into it."

message 12: by Carol (new)

Carol (actutor) Left Neglected returned to me, so I am trying to read that.

I have a few other books sitting on the bedside and tables and the e-reader!

message 13: by Miranda (new)

Miranda (miranda_d) Well it was a hectic February, am hoping to read more in March! I am in the middle of two books - Lunch in Paris: A Love Story, with Recipes which I like more for the recipes than the story, and The Lacuna which is a much better story!

message 14: by Laurel (new)

Laurel (laureljean) I know I have to look that one up, Miranda! I cannot pass up a foodie book.

message 15: by Julie (new)

Julie | 59 comments I'm still fumbling through Object of Beauty. I like it, I'm just distracted.

message 16: by Tina (new)

Tina (lancejrmommy) | 59 comments I'm reading The Passage.

message 17: by Elise (new)

Elise Sorry to be MIA lately, I've just been so busy. I've been trying desperately to get through The Count of Monte Cristo, but today I finally threw in the towel. I thought I downloaded the abridged version to my kindle, but I've been reading unrelentingly and am only half way through. I'll never finish it by my RLBC meeting Tuesday, and frankly, I don't care.

So, I just picked up a copy of The Weird Sisters that I won, and so far, I'm enjoying it. I need to get back to The Lotus Eaters too.

I'm finding it hard to settle down and concentrate lately. Too much going on!

message 18: by Caroline (new)

Caroline  (caro7) I just finished The Passagelate last night and loved, loved, loved it! I am going to start reading NurtureShock: New Thinking About Childrentoday.

message 19: by Tina (new)

Tina (lancejrmommy) | 59 comments Caroline wrote: "I just finished The Passagelate last night and loved, loved, loved it! I am going to start reading NurtureShock: New Thinking About Childrentoday."

I'm only on page 50 or so! It will take me forever to read it.

message 20: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissa419) | 123 comments I am reading Henry's Sisters by Cathy Lamb. I'm loving it! It's a touching family story, but also very funny!

message 21: by Miranda (new)

Miranda (miranda_d) Laurel wrote: "I know I have to look that one up, Miranda! I cannot pass up a foodie book."

Laurel, it's not bad. The recipes are sooo yummy looking, but the story's just okay. There are some funny bits, I think I'm getting cynical about all these women who throw caution to the wind to go find themselves in Europe with these worldly rennaissance men. Did I say cynical? Maybe I meant jealous ... Lol

message 22: by Beth (new)

Beth Colarossi | 16 comments Left Neglected was fabulous! Reading Cutting for Stone now.. took time to get into it but I'm enjoying it now. Next is Unbroken