Romance, Historical or Otherwise discussion

Archive > Interested in Modding this amazing group of Book Freaks?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 76 (76 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Mishelle LaBrash (mishalabrash) | 1520 comments Mod
Looking for 1, possibly 2 crazed literary junkies to hop aboard the moderator train and help with the group now that we are growing~

Please let me know if you would be interested... Heather has been MIA for some time now, as she has been very busy with her new gig as a junior hockey something or other~ (she gets to look at super hot 20 year old hockey players all the time~ Lucky bag), her work etc etc. She hasn't been on much as of late~

Even when she does come back however, we will still need some help as I am very busy these days too and won't be on as much in the near future~

NOT that you guys need moderating~ pshaw~ YOU ALL ROCK~ But I thought it might be fun to add a few new voices to the mod squad.

message 2: by Leea (last edited Feb 28, 2011 09:33PM) (new)

Leea I vote for Stacia!!

message 3: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments Haha you really can't check out hockey players they are wearing like 30lbs of equipment. Haha Stacia wouldn't be bad!

message 4: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Okay~ We have a nominee~ Stacia? You wanna?

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I can supply the cakes.

Sure, if you need the help.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Leea wrote: "I vote for Stacia!!"

If I ever run for office, you and Ottilie are on my campaign. I can see the signs now : "Haha, Stacia wouldn't be bad!"

message 7: by Leea (new)

Leea LOL!! I just think you have read a lot of the books that we talk about and you a great way with "words" that i do not possess. Your always on here anyway. OMG!! I love this group because man some groups get all snotty if you go off topic. Geesh!!!

message 8: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments Hahaha you forgot and knows her cakes! Haha i seriously enjoy these conersations that we're all in it gets off topic yet still is somewhat related to what we were talking about, get great book recommindations and all honesty

message 9: by Leea (new)

Leea I agree Ottilie. I love hearing what you ladies are reading... That's why my TBR list will never get small - ever!!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Guess I should probably beef up on my historical reading more.

It does seem like I'm on here a lot, doesn't it? I tend to unwind on the computer during the little one's nap time and surf around various forums I'm a part of.

Then I sneak on late at night for a little while after everyone's in bed.

message 11: by Leea (new)

Leea Same here ~ it's nap time quiet time (which is a shame and don't ever believe anything else) Well i'm glad you are here... You have suggested some great books!

message 12: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments Haha yeah i gave up on seeing a small tbr list...

i sneak on between hw assignments and at night when i give up on hw and meals..

message 13: by Leea (new)

Leea wait... you give up meals ~ that's just nuts!!!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Food is too good to pass up!

message 15: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments hahaha no i use meals a break away from homework! i eat and go online and not touch hw trust me if i didn't eat i have friends who'd kill me and food is awsome!

message 16: by Leea (new)

Leea Oh good... Eat up Ottilie!! Running, Books, Coffee and FOOD!! Things that i love...

message 17: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments i'll subsitue chocolate for coffee and add writing!

message 18: by Ladyhawk (new)

Ladyhawk | 381 comments I can see the signs now : "Haha, Stacia wouldn't be bad!"

Lmao!!

message 19: by Leea (new)

Leea Ottilie wrote: "i'll subsitue chocolate for coffee and add writing!"

Oh a writer in our group ~ bet your not the only one :) Not me my spelling is horrible. Well Chocolate is a given come on girl!!

message 20: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments haha yeah ya writer, oh please i'm dyslexic! spell check is my helper! haha oh okay true about chocolate there is a quote from everyone loves raymond, hopefully i dont' butcher it too much debra and ray are agrueing and he asks her if she cries because of him and she says no she eats ice cream because he's stupid

message 21: by Leea (new)

Leea LMAO that's funny!! Hey Me to ~ i'm Dyslexic!! Spell Check is great!! Good Luck Ottilie with your writing.

message 22: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments hahaha i love that scene. haha yay for dyslexics!! I'm finding more on here!! hahaha thank you!!

message 23: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (last edited Mar 03, 2011 01:54PM) (new)

Done Stacia~ You are now offically a moderater~ So exciting isn't it? LMAO~ Anyways get modding.... Lol. (Excuse me, for I am just in a smart assed mood)

Happy to have ya helping Stacia. :)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) *looks around for the cattle prod*

Thanks! For now I'll just hang out and go with the flow, until I have to break up one of the many catfights we get into around here (kidding).

I'm sure at some point I'll come up with something creative to add, but for now I can see that you've already got things running like a well oiled machine, Shell. Just let me know if you actually do need help with something specific.

message 25: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (last edited Mar 03, 2011 02:06PM) (new)

Awesome~ Thx Stacia~

I hereby swear to no cattle prodding~

It's a tough job for sure, with this group of girls... ;)

message 26: by Leea (new)

Leea Yay!! Congratulations Stacia!!! I'm so happy future cakes are free from your poking fingers... LMAO!!

message 27: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) If you feel like you need another Mod I would be willing to volunteer. If you think you're good for now, that's cool too. I just wanted to do my part, lol. I love this group. I tend to be around most of the time during the day, lol.

message 28: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

For sure Wendy~ Adding you now. :)

message 29: by Leea (new)

Leea Yay Wendy F!!! The more the merrier...

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Awesome :)

message 31: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Sweet! now you'd all better be on your best behavior. ;)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Uh, it's not really a sexy cake, but it made me laugh when someone posted it in another group...

message 33: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Hahaha, that's great!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I was trying to find a sexy highlander cake and sometimes you find weird things on your searches. Yes, this is a cake

[image error]

message 35: by Leea (new)

Leea LOL Now that looks appetizing for sure... Ha! I would love to see a hot highlander cake... Then i might become a cake offender myself.

message 36: by D.G. (new)

D.G. That's amazing!

Now that I'm reading steampunk, I'm in a steampunk jewelry phase and I just gotten some octopus earrings and necklace.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I posted a jewelry store link in the steampunk topic. I love some of the pieces that put the clockwork parts front and center.

message 38: by D.G. (last edited Mar 04, 2011 03:09PM) (new)

D.G. Here's the necklace I bought:

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Why does that make me think of 20,000 leagues under the sea? :)

message 40: by Leea (new)

Leea as a neckless beautiful on a cake - yuck!! Great piece D.G!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Would love to buy this one :

message 42: by D.G. (new)

D.G. Thanks, Leea. :) I really like funky jewerly and this really fits the kind of stuff I like. :)

That looks really beautiful, Stacia. I'll get something with clockwork next. :)

message 43: by Leea (new)

Leea I love Jewelry like that because i can pair it with a shirt and jeans to chase after my kids and still look cute. Love it Stacia. My friend who designs jewelry would love it to!!

message 44: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

That last neclace is awesome.

message 45: by Ladyhawk (new)

Ladyhawk | 381 comments Love the cakes! Some folks just have that talent. That's my favorite Twilight pic btw. The epitome of the story. It's my screen saver. Don't judge me. Lol

I remember the Steam punk jewelry Stacia posted. They r fun. I'll try and post a link to the amazing steam punk coats I've been eyeing all Winter. Want to get my hands on one.

message 46: by Leea (new)

Leea Ladyhawk ~ No judgement here... Oh can't wait to see these coats.

message 47: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 13 comments Could you post that jewerly link agin, I'd like to see what all thay have both of those are great

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Very nice coats and dress! Do want.

Like this computer!

and this!

Someone posted these pics in another group of people from a Steampunk convention thing.

[image error]

and I just liked this one :

« previous 1