YA Book Club Not Just For Teens! discussion

Member Added Challenges > Ashlea's Member Challenge

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashlea (new)

Ashlea Daune (ashyydaune) | 32 comments Mod
This challenge Runs Continuous (Please add your own topic)
Read one book per month off the monthly observance calender, for the day that falls on the day of your birthday. (http://www.brownielocks.com/march.html)
My birthday is march 8th so I would look under daily observances, at the bottom, for the 8th. And choose a day and read a book that falls under that category. If your birthday is not in march, then just choose the DAY of your birthday. Like if your birthday is May 10th, you would look for the 10th of march and choose one under there. If you do not have a daily observance you can choose one that falls under weekly.
This will change every month, only one book per month.
And this will count for two points.

IE. for march 8th i could pick International Womans day and choose a book about a strong woman, or i could do Mardi gras and pick a book that take place in louisiana. Graceling Or Ruined: A Ghost Story

Books need to be young adult, or independant reader, must be atleast 100 pages. All book formats work.
Due date is march 31st

message 2: by Kellee (new)

Kellee Moye (kelleemoye) Weird- the link won't work for me. I'll try it again later.

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle How exactly do we prove or show that we have read the book we choose?

message 4: by Ashlea (new)

Kellee wrote: "Weird- the link won't work for me. I'll try it again later."

Thats weird, it should.
I just clicked it and it worked /:

message 5: by JennRenee (new)

JennRenee (jennreneeread) | 226 comments Mod
Michelle wrote: "How exactly do we prove or show that we have read the book we choose?"

we work on the honor system. you say you read it then we believe you. all you need to do is make a new post with your name, your birthday, the day you chose, and the book you read. :)

we also have monthly challenges and ongoing challenges for the entire year. You may enjoy those too.

message 6: by JennRenee (new)

JennRenee (jennreneeread) | 226 comments Mod
Ashlea,

Can we read for more than one day? Say we have 3 days that fall on the day of our birthday can we read 3 books and get points for all three?

message 7: by Ashlea (new)

Jenn Renee wrote: "Ashlea,

Can we read for more than one day? Say we have 3 days that fall on the day of our birthday can we read 3 books and get points for all three?"

Uhh... YES
yes we can