Terminalcoffee discussion

Side of the Milk Carton > Good Bye Terminalcoffee for now (Hello!)<Arminius arrived to his destination safely and he's saying hello again. :)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 71 (71 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Arminius (last edited Feb 24, 2011 08:07AM) (new)

Arminius | 1037 comments I leave for the Middle East in 2 and 1/2 hours. I am not sure when I will have internet access again but if goodreads is not blocked I will be return because the members here are so nice.

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Where are you going in the Middle East, Arminius?

message 3: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) A military deployment? If so, stay safe.

message 4: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Be safe Arminius.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Yes, take care!

Are there any presidential birthdays we should celebrate in your absence? When will you be back?

Lyzzibug ~Still Breathing~ (lyzzibug) | 708 comments Be careful!

message 7: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17320 comments Mod
Hah, Pi! Yes, Arminius, we'll keep you in our thoughts. Be safe.

message 8: by Arminius (last edited Feb 24, 2011 08:06AM) (new)

Arminius | 1037 comments I have about a half hour before I have to get moving.

Larry, yes it is a military deployment with the National Guard.

Sarah, please celebrate presidential birthdays. I know there are a few in March.

And thank you everyone.

I was deployed in 2007 and 2008. That is when I joined Goodreads. Goodreads kept me company for most of that year.

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Goodreads is definitely good company.

message 10: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman Best of luck to you, Arminius, and be safe!

message 11: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments Stay safe, Arminius.

message 12: by Ken (new)

Ken (playjerist) | 721 comments Arminius wrote: "Larry, yes it is a military deployment with the National Guard."

Just know that I’m behind you as you deploy, way, way behind you.

message 13: by Suefly (new)

Suefly | 620 comments Take care

message 14: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6019 comments Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition. Good luck!

message 15: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix (phoenixapb) | 1619 comments Thank you for what you're doing Arminius, you honor us! Come home whole and safe! That's an order!!! :)

Semper Fi (even if it is a Marine term ;))

message 16: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Andrew Jackson March 15, 1767
James Madison March 16, 1751
Grover Cleveland March 18, 1837
John Tyler March 29, 1790

message 17: by Sally, la reina (new)

Ken, when do you deploy?

message 18: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments blessings, safety and peace to you as you travel and serve. thanks for what you do.

message 19: by Ken (new)

Ken (playjerist) | 721 comments Sally wrote: "Ken, when do you deploy?"

Deploy? When I say I'm behind Arminus,but way, way behind him, that means I'm staying in town. But he definitely has my support and safe wishes.

message 20: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Arminius wrote: "I leave for the Middle East in 2 and 1/2 hours. I am not sure when I will have internet access again but if goodreads is not blocked I will be return because the members here are so nice."

Good Arminius. And thank you.

message 21: by Terri (new)

Terri R | 17 comments I probably missed you, but thank you for your service and know that you will be in our thoughts. Be safe. We shall do our best to keep you company when you are able to check in.

message 22: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments be safe, arminius.

message 23: by Sally, la reina (new)

Oh I see now Ken. **blushes** I can be a moron.

message 24: by Ken (new)

Ken (playjerist) | 721 comments Sally wrote: "I can be a moron."

It's not your fault. Sometimes the blondeness wins.

message 25: by Heidi (last edited Feb 24, 2011 10:40AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Hugs and fist pump, Arminius. :) Thank you for the kind nod to TC. It makes me wanna hug you again (see previous hug post in first sentence... virtually hug, of course). Safe travel, every good wish while you're there, and safe return when you're ready...

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Please be safe. Hope to see you again soon. :)

message 27: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24107 comments Mod
Best wishes, Arminius. Stay well and thank you for what you're doing.

message 28: by Aynge (new)

Aynge (ayngemac) | 1202 comments Thanks for protecting us, Arminius! My prayers are with you.

message 29: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments be safe, Arminius. my prayers go with you. come back asap.

message 30: by Jammies (new)

Jammies Best wishes, Arminius.

message 31: by Arminius (last edited Feb 24, 2011 05:49PM) (new)

Arminius | 1037 comments Thank you everyone. I am stuck at the Baltimore airport for a while. Our flight to Kuwait has been delayed until 5:00 am.

Thank you so much for your good wishes. Hugs to all the sweet ladies and handshakes to all the nice gentleman.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Look after yourself Arminius. I wish you well.

message 33: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) Be safe, Arminius. You will be in my prayers.

message 34: by Heidi (last edited Feb 25, 2011 06:31AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Oh! Sarah Pi's in Baltimore! It'd have been cool if you guys could've met up for a beer before you head overseas.

And I thought 'd posted this earlier, but apparently missed the boat on posting what everyone else has already said: Thank you for your service. It's a good and noble thing you're doing.

message 35: by Michael (new)

Michael Arminius wrote: "Larry, yes it is a military deployment with the National Guard."

Take care and stay safe. And thank you.

message 36: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Heidi wrote: "Oh! Sarah Pi's in Baltimore! It'd have been cool if you guys could've met up for a beer before you head overseas.

And I thought 'd posted this earlier, but apparently missed the boat on postin..."

I keep missing friends who are deploying through BWI.

message 37: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1107 comments Be safe, Arminius!

message 38: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 3389 comments I see you, Arminius!

message 39: by Arminius (new)

Arminius | 1037 comments Thank You everyone. I am in the middle east in a fairly safe job. I now have computer access so I can post on here with all my wonderful friends at least until Mother Army decides to block goodreads.

You guys are the best.

message 40: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24107 comments Mod
Mother Army. I like that. Ha.

message 41: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments Good to know that you're safe, Arminius.

message 42: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7073 comments Good to hear from you! Do you have access to books? Stay safe.

message 43: by Arminius (new)

Arminius | 1037 comments Cynthia, I have a Nook with about 30 books on it. I have 3 large biographies as well. Right now I do not have time to read. I think they are going to cut my hours nexr week. So hopefully I will have time to read.

When I was at Ft Dix training. I read 5 books because I had a lot of free time. So I am hoping for the best.

message 44: by Arminius (new)

Arminius | 1037 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Mother Army. I like that. Ha."

In the favorites section of the Army computers, they have "Uncle Sam Google." It blocks most things but luckily not Goodreads.

message 45: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments So it seems this should be the "Hello again, TerminalCoffee" thread. :)

Hi Arminius! :)

message 46: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7073 comments Arminius wrote: "Cynthia, I have a Nook with about 30 books on it. I have 3 large biographies as well. Right now I do not have time to read. I think they are going to cut my hours nexr week. So hopefully I will..."

Great. Keep those book reviews coming!

message 47: by Arminius (new)

Arminius | 1037 comments Thanks Cynthia, you just gave me the idea and I posted two reviews of books I read a few weeks ago.

message 48: by Arminius (new)

Arminius | 1037 comments Heidi wrote: "So it seems this should be the "Hello again, TerminalCoffee" thread. :)

Hi Arminius! :)"

Hi Heidi, I think you are correct.

message 49: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (jez476) | 664 comments Hi Arminius! Where are you in the Middle East? Are you allowed to say? I'm just curious because of everything that has been happening there lately.

message 50: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart Hey honeybee

« previous 1