Terminalcoffee discussion

General Fuckery > You know you're addicted to TC when...

Comments Showing 1-50 of 92 (92 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Brittomart (last edited Feb 22, 2011 08:11PM) (new)

Brittomart Please tell me we don't have one of these already. And everyone loves them!

- When your roommate wears pajamas with monkeys on them, and you think of Larry.

- When italicizing/bolding/underlining in Microsoft Word, you automatically type the formatting tags.

message 2: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17345 comments Mod
Ha! I've done the second.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

- from the train to the office each morning, I walk past a young girl walking in the opposite direction. She reminds me of Janine.

message 4: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Monkeys!

message 5: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I can quit any time I want to.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't believe you monkey boy!

message 7: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix (phoenixapb) | 1619 comments I go through withdrawls when I'm not on here. TC is as addicting as nicotine...maybe more so!

message 8: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I do all of that, Barb.

message 9: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Gail "cyborg" wrote: "I don't believe you monkey boy!"

You know me.

message 10: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I've checked TC on my phone while driving a car traveling 80MPH. I'm not doing that anymore.

I also wonder where you are when you're gone. Alecia disappeared for a bit, and I'm, like, "Where the fuck is Alecia?"

message 11: by Heidi (last edited Feb 23, 2011 08:39AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments - "Shebang/Shebangs" is a part of your everyday vernacular.

- "TWSS" no longer reminds you of The Office.

- You think toes and ficus trees go together nicely.

- fruit hat ≠ Carmen Miranda; fruit hat = Kevin

- bubble bath ≠ Bert & Ernie; bubble bath = Kevin & RA

- You want to log in to report in the "If You're Inebriated, Post Here" thread immediately after returning home from a night out with friends.

Lyzzibug ~Still Breathing~ (lyzzibug) | 708 comments TC is always a tab running in the backround on your computer.

message 13: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart Yes, Lyzzi!

message 14: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments something happens in your life and you are thinking about what thread it should go in

message 15: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments Gail "cyborg" wrote: "- from the train to the office each morning, I walk past a young girl walking in the opposite direction. She reminds me of Janine."

say hi to her from me :)

Kevin "El Liso Grande" wrote: "something happens in your life and you are thinking about what thread it should go in"

i do that all the time! and a lot of the other things mentioned here, too. i am such an addict.

message 16: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart When you think, "I wonder if [TC Member] would like this book."

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

when i check TC in french or calc class.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Kevin "El Liso Grande" wrote: "something happens in your life and you are thinking about what thread it should go in"

Or when you talk about TC topics in real life. I think I say at least once a day, "oh we were just talking about this on TC," when a news story or random topic comes up in conversation.

message 19: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Explaining TC to real world people is hard. I've showed my wife, explained it, etc., and she still sort of backs away slowly...

message 20: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments (TWSS for that last sentence)

message 21: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments RandomAnthony wrote: "(TWSS for that last sentence)"

see message 13

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I live with someone who's also done his fair share of forums posting, so he gets it.

message 23: by Sally, la reina (new)

Imagine my husband. When the packages start rolling in he says "you're doing that again? Again?"

message 24: by Jammies (new)

Jammies ...when you pass the sad-looking ficus in the lobby on the way into work and think, "I hope that's not a cousin of the TC ficus."

...when you start thinking "Fuckers!" every time another driver does something obnoxious during your commute.

message 25: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 23, 2011 08:55PM) (new)

...when you think it would be a good idea to own a t-shirt proudly announcing I'm a member of TC.

message 26: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) ... when you should be working and meeting that important deadline, but you're checking TC instead.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

when you're wasting precious sleep time because you're checking TC...

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Janice wrote: "... when you should be working and meeting that important deadline, but you're checking TC instead."

Ooooops, I should be working right now. Thanks for the reminder Janice. :(

message 29: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) LOL! I'm glad I'm not alone. I was happily reading TC this afternoon and the clock was ticking away. Finally, I wrestled myself away from the TC pages with a "What is the matter with you Janice??" After finding this thread, I now know. I'm addicted.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

its midnight and i still haven't started on my calc hw because ive been on here and fb. i think i should probably go work on it now...

message 31: by Sally, la reina (new)

Its like an endless, real time, multi-faceted novel.

message 32: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Sallers!

message 33: by Sally, la reina (new)

Heiderson!

message 34: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments When I'm up too late, but I have to hit refresh one more time, ok check my email, refresh TC, FB, refresh!

When you name your sims family Heiderson...

message 35: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart Between TC and Twitter, Facebook is lookin' kinda dull.

message 36: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Hahaha, Carol. :)

...someone in your family finds out she's preggo/has a baby and you triggers you to reminisce about the day Sally had Leah.

...you can't find the answer to a question that's been bugging you, so you start a new thread in TC hoping someone will answer the question for you.

message 37: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments iBritt wrote: "Between TC and Twitter, Facebook is lookin' kinda dull."

i have that problem too. poor facebook.

message 38: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I still don't do twitter much. But when I'm on fb/tc at work, I make little deals with myself..."I'm going to finish this project then check TC", that sort of thing.

message 39: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments but you have twitter?

message 40: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Yes, I have twitter, but I never check it, except when I'm really bored on my phone.

message 41: by Michael (new)

Michael iBritt wrote: "Between TC and Twitter, Facebook is lookin' kinda dull."

I hate Twitter, but I like Facebook and I agree with you that it's kinda dull in comparison to here.

message 42: by Michael (new)

Michael Heidi wrote: "- "TWSS" no longer reminds you of The Office."

What does "TWSS" mean?

message 43: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments that's what she said.

message 45: by Michael (new)

Michael Thanks!

Lyzzibug ~Still Breathing~ (lyzzibug) | 708 comments RandomAnthony wrote: "I still don't do twitter much. But when I'm on fb/tc at work, I make little deals with myself..."I'm going to finish this project then check TC", that sort of thing."

I do that too!

message 47: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) This thread makes me feel really good. It just does.

I'm sitting in a room with other people, pretending to be doing something important for work. I turn my laptop screen around so they can't see what I'm really addicted to doing.

Lyzzibug ~Still Breathing~ (lyzzibug) | 708 comments Larry wrote: "This thread makes me feel really good. It just does.

I'm sitting in a room with other people, pretending to be doing something important for work. I turn my laptop screen around so they can't ..."

When you see someone walking your way, do you minimize quickly and bring up what your suppose to be doing??

message 49: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Yes I just did that a minute ago. How did you know?

Lyzzibug ~Still Breathing~ (lyzzibug) | 708 comments I do the same thing.

Plus, I'm hiding behind you.

« previous 1