Romance Audiobooks discussion

Audiobook Discussions > C.L. Wilson - Tauren Souls #4

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vic (last edited Feb 22, 2011 07:56AM) (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments I just ran across C.L. Wilson's Queen of Song and Souls on audible this morning! Wasn't even on my radar for being released. Produced and read by different folks than the first 2 so I'm hopeful it's good. LOVE that series. (PNR / Fantasy)

http://www.audible.com/pd/ref=sr_1_3?...

Laura (Kyahgirl) (kyahgirl) I love this series. I don't know if I could listen to it though because its packed with so much info. I have found I 'miss' things when I'm listening to a book because I can't focus as much as when I'm reading a paper book.
Let us know how you like it!

message 3: by Vic (last edited Feb 23, 2011 10:07AM) (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments And now they have Crown of Crystal Flame by C.L. Wilson up there. It's read by Emily Durante. Anyone have any opinions on her narrations.

I didn't care for the samples for these. The reading from Crystal flame seems rather staccato when reading some of the names...and just overall a bit stilted. Samples from book 4 doesn't sound stilted. But I'm not sure I care for her men voices. Of course the sample from book 4 is not the main characters - another bad sampling for this book from audible.

message 4: by Lea's Audiobooks (last edited Feb 23, 2011 10:25AM) (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) Well, Emily Durante inspired my writing of the very first Speaking of Audiobooks column and not in a good way. Her narration of Smooth Talking Stranger finally made me quit about a third of the way in, go to 2 or 3 bookstores to find the hard back version of the book and come back home and start over again with another voice for Jack Travis. I have heard some acceptance of her narrations but I won't pick up one again. I'll be interested to hear other comments.

Smooth Talking Stranger was an A for me in print and a total failure in audio.

message 5: by Terra (new)

Terra (terralyne) | 28 comments Lea's Audiobooks wrote: "Well, Emily Durante inspired my writing of the very first Speaking of Audiobooks column and not in a good way. Her narration of Smooth Talking Stranger finally made me quit about a third of the wa..."

I completely agree!!! I never even finished the ACTUAL book I was so put off by the audiobook. Maybe it's time to give it another try.... :)
Her narration (unfortunately) is also the reason I didn't get more than a few chapters into Nora Roberts Bride Quartet Series.

message 6: by Vic (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments Bleh! Well, I do remember TRYING book 1 of the bride quartet and just couldn't do it either because of reader - didn't realize it was her. This is really unfortunate as I am a HUGE fan of the Tauren Soul series! Not wasting my credit based on the samples/previous attempt with NR book/your opinions.

*sitting in a corning throwing pity party*