Start by marking “Queen of Song and Souls (Tairen Soul, #4)” as Want to Read:
Queen of Song and Souls (Tairen Soul, #4)

Queen of Song and Souls (Tairen Soul #4)

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  7,108 Ratings  ·  309 Reviews
Two lovers, two hearts, one soul.
Only joined can they be truly complete.
Only joined can they survive the darkness.

The Fey King Rain and his truemate Ellysetta share a passionate love unrivaled in the history of their world—and a forbidden power that made them outcasts from the Fading Lands. As war looms and the evil mages of Eld threaten to rip their world asunder, they mu
Mass Market Paperback, 389 pages
Published October 27th 2009 by Leisure Books

To ask other readers questions about Queen of Song and Souls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Queen of Song and Souls

Kristalia
Final rating: 5/5 stars

She frowned and tilted her head back to look up at him. “Will ours?”
“I pray so.” Somber acceptance darkened his eyes, and he stroked her cheek in a light caress. “But even if we do not find joy in this lifetime, we will be born again to love once more. That much, I believe without question. In this lifetime, or the next, or even the lifetime after that, our sou
Sobia
Jul 15, 2009 rated it it was amazing
So... the best way to describe this 4th book in the Fading lands series?

Maddening.

But in a good way.

There's just so much going on, and you want to know it all, and you want to know it all, right now now NOW! But then again, no you don't, because then the story's over, and then where would we be? (other then waiting for CLW's next 3 promised books)

But there's a lot happening in this book, and it doesn't seem to stop... and you want our Heroes to get a break, and to be able to just relax, and t
Barbara
Jan 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars...I loved it!

..."His sigh spoke of fear and regret mingled with grim acceptance. 'Teach her,' he said. 'Teach her to fight. Teach her to defend herself, and teach her to kill. The five of you must be her chatoks in the Dance of Knives. Teach her as you have taught no other. Give her everything. Hold nothing back.'

'Rain...' Bel murmured, his eyes troubled.

Rain waved off his unspoken objection. ' She is a Tairen Soul, and we Tairen Souls were born for war. I may not like this path the gods
Aly is so frigging bored
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
2nd read 27-30 January 2016
Buddy read with Anzu and maybe Maru

1st Read from April 04 to 05, 2015
What a depressing ending!
Mandi Schreiner
Sep 05, 2009 rated it really liked it
The Tairen Soul series by C.L. Wilson is one of my favorites. It is a great blend of romance and action, with vibrant characters and a really, really evil villain. The second book of the series, Lady of Light and Shadows is one of my all time favorite books. I remember reading it and having to put it down because I became too emtionally involved in it - only to pick it right back up.

Queen of Song and Souls starts two weeks after King of Sword and Sky and this is one series I highly recommend you
Steven Peterson
Oct 31, 2009 rated it liked it
This is volume # 4 in a series, by the talented author C. L. Wilson. However, this specific work. Metaphorically, is like an automobile in idle. It just doesn’t carry the action forward from volume # 3 (“King of Sword and Sky”) into the next book, which would feature the climax to the 5 book series. And one hopes that there might be further future adventures for Rain and Ellysetta after that. But it is time to end this particular series and be on with it.

In volume 3, many issues became clearer—s
Lover of Romance
Queen of Song and Souls is the fourth installment in the Tairen soul series. For years I have heard so many amazing things about this series, and its not easy to find a stirring fantasy romance series that captures your heart from the very beginning. This review will be shorter than others, so that I don't give too much away.

Rain and Ellysetta's story has been magical from the moment they first met. They have suffered and have made great strides. In this installment, there is much that we learn
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
This is a combined review over the 5 books of this Series.

OK...so I read all 5 of this series non stop this weekend...

I just couldn't put this series down for the life of me.

Yes, it does drag on in parts and found myself skimming over paragraphs but overall this was a freakin fantastic series full of Fey, Dragons, Mages, Elves and so many other characters...but...

who won my heart??

Ellie - shit...she was a perfect main character and stole the book for me. From the beginning, the way the author de
HJ
Feb 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
reread 11/2016
Donna
Aug 09, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Paranormal Fantasy fans
Queen of Song and Souls is the exciting fourth book in the Tairen Souls series by C.L. Wilson. In my opinion, due to complex world created by C.L. Wilson, this series needs to be read in order starting with Lord of the Fading Lands, thus experiencing this series to it's fullest.

C.L. Wilson elegantly throws us back in the world of Fey in the prologue where the King of Sword and Sky ended. From there we follow Ellysetta and Rain as they travel across the lands trying to create alliances with the C
Cat Russell  (Addicted2Heroines)
"Death offers us hope, at least. Not for this life, but for another."

Once again Wilson delivers a riveting edition to the series. She has created a world that is truly captivating and unforgettable. How could anyone not fall in love with Ellysetta and her shining Fey king?
It's difficult to relate him to the same man that others refer to as "Worldscorcher", the man who once swept torment and destruction over the lands with Tairen flame. Since finding his Feyreisa, he's been selfless and compassi
Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms)
Dec 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who wants the BEST of fantasy and romance
Recommended to Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) by: Stacia
[EDIT March 28, 2015 - Re-reading along with Jeanine. I really am not sure how many times I have both read and listened to the audio of this, my favorite fantasy series of all. There are not words for how wonderful this story and the world this author has created. On to the final book and waiting patiently (well no really patiently) for the promised spinoffs that need so badly to be told. On to the last and fifth book and then will put them away for awhile...until I pick them up to take this jou ...more
Tom
Sep 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
We get another awesome book in the series.

I’m going with a very short review for multiple reasons. Everything in the last book was left so up in the air that by letting you know what goes on in this one would actually give away some of the surprises. Also if you are reading book 4 you already know where the story is going.

This book was a really good mix of action and world building. Multiple story lines get pushed along without the need for building the situations. Ellie starts to come into her
Lazybee
Jan 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
I expected great things from this book, as usual this series never fails to amaze me. Life is fun, when books like this are your companions.
Gemma
Feb 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
God, that pretty much broke my heart :'( I love this series, and apart from the annoying realisation that I'll have to wait for God knows how many more books to get to the end of it, this was a great addition to the story.

I just finished reading it only scant minutes ago, so I'm still feeling the effects, but the only word I can properly come up with to describe it is... emotional. Flipping hell, was that emotional!
I'd actually harboured thoughts (hopes would probs be better) that this was goin
Dragana
Still going strong. I am continuing immediately to the next book...
Julia's Book Haven
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
That ending was cruel, I'm so freaking sad. The last book better be freaking epic and happy or I might scream.
Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom)

My review can also now be found on Reading Lark After Dark: http://readinglarkafterdark.blogspot....

Queen of Song and Souls opens with a shorter retelling of the ending of King of Sword and Sky's battle sequence, and told more from Lillis's point of view. And then we jump right over to another facet of the battle and Ellysetta now joining the other shei'dalins in healing the wounded following the last epic battle.

Ellysetta has come a long way from the beginning of this series. She is much bett
Heather
Mar 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This is book 4 in the Tairen Soul series, and it really does need to be read in order, as each book builds upon the last. If you pick this book up and read it without reading the previous one you are going to be missing so much.

I LOVE this series, but I didn't feel that this book really moved the story forward much. It mainly covers the coming war between the Eld, and the Fey and their allies, and how everyone is preparing for it. It seemed to drag a little, and by the end I was getting sick of
Abigail
Dec 01, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, romance
Melanie
May 2010
Yet again, I cannot recommend this book enough... A wonderful and amazing continuation to the Tairen Soul series, and now I am aching to read the fifth (and last) installment, which will only be out in November :-(

But CL Wilson doesn't disappoint : Ellie and Rain's bond grows stronger as they go off to war with the Elds, and Ellie finally discovers her true heritage, as well as the High Mage of Eld's ultimate goal.. Although the truemate bond has yet to be completed, you can't help but s
Yodamom
Nov 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing
The war with the Eld is unavoidable, rain and Ellysetta must gather all the allies they can. She still carries hurt marks and tries to do as much good as she can while she can. The vision the oracle sent her haunts her every move. Rain is losing his grip on sanity, the bond is not completing and war brings the madness closer. They visit with the Elf King for a eye opening and disturbing premonition. Horrible truths are revealed, many lives will be lost. One pair of lovers has the ultimate ugline ...more
Jenni
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
just tear my heart out and roast it on a spit. so so so good. wilson, you know how to write an ending! and Ellie are my girl. I can take or leave rain, but Ellie's story i can't get enough of. every book she gets stronger, braver, even though she faces stupid evil and has to learn things about herself no one would ever want to know. but what really makes this book are the supporting characters, Shan and elfeya, Dorian and annoura, and adrial and talisa, wow! however, there was not enough steli, ...more
Pickles
Jan 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
Tani
Nov 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
I had a hard time with the third book of this series. It felt slow to me, and I wondered if I'd misjudged the series. I enjoyed the first book a lot, and the second almost as much, but I read them years ago, and I always doubt my judgment from years past. But this book redeemed the series for me and showed that my struggles with book three were passing.

I think that what helped me to enjoy this book more than the previous ones was the shift in point of view. In the previous book, I struggled wit
Amanda Grinstead
Jul 15, 2014 rated it did not like it
I either loved or hated each book in this series--I've never had that happen to me before. Book one didn't thrill me, book two was amazing, book three was solid and then I got to book four and was like...

Why? Because I realized that apart from Gaelen and Mellandra, I HATED everyone in this series! I actually found myself hoping the Mages would win because all of the good characters are so effing annoying. Let's start with Ellysetta.

Ellie is weak...she's supposed to be this mighty character of l
Linda
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A pièce de résistance!!!!!

QUEEN OF SONG AND SOULS by C.L. Wilson left me breathless. Some books rob me of words to adequately describe them. This whole series set in a complex magical world merits that description. If you've been following my reviews of this series, you already know that I love it to distraction.

I discovered this author when I happened to read her THE WINTER KING, wh
Marjorie Pfister
Jan 22, 2015 rated it did not like it
I'm going to rate these books as a series, not as individual books, simply because after book 2, they're basically the same book..only more annoying.
I might be influenced by the narrator who was truly awful, in books 3-5. Seriously very hard to take a hero/heroine seriously who lisp and read in breathy baby voices. Even the strong Fey hero. Not inspiring.
But annoying narration aside, this series was reallllly slow moving. War..angst, more angst..by the end of book 3 I didn't really care if the
Crazy4more
Jan 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
5 star and then some...

What a beautiful read, with inspiration, passion, hopes, tears and nerve-racking combined. Yes, toward the end of the book, no eye-creme is going to help my dark circles, puffy-swollen-red-eyes this morning. As I continue my read on the elliptical, it was all out waterfall, seriously embarrassing. Luckily I was by myself and well hidden behind my sweat-teary-red face as I finished my 5 miles.

Loving Rain with all her heart, body and soul, yet their truemate bonds are still
  • Warlord  (Chronicles of the Warlands, #3)
  • Princess of the Sword (Nine Kingdoms, #3)
  • The Battle Sylph (Sylph, #1)
  • The Brush  of Black Wings (Master of Crows, #1.5)
  • Pure Healing (Pure/ Dark Ones #1)
  • The Fire Lord's Lover (The Elven Lords, #1)
  • A Distant Tomorrow (World of Hetar #2)
  • The Golden Dynasty (Fantasyland, #2)
  • Lord's Fall (Elder Races, #5)
  • My Lady Mage (Warriors of the Mist, #1)
  • Heart Duel (Celta's Heartmates, #3)
  • Siren Song
C.L. Wilsons unique blend of pulse-pounding action, sweeping epic fantasy, and passionate romance has made her books a favorite read for romance and fantasy readers alike. Praised for exceptional worldbuilding and lyric prose, her critically acclaimed novels have regularly appeared on bestseller lists including the USA Today, the New York Times, and Publishers Weekly.

C.Ls novels have won numerous
More about C.L. Wilson

Tairen Soul (5 books)
  • Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul, #1)
  • Lady of Light and Shadows (Tairen Soul, #2)
  • King of Sword and Sky (Tairen Soul, #3)
  • Crown of Crystal Flame (Tairen Soul, #5)
“Not all battles can be won. Not all lives can be saved. And no matter how we wish it, not all songs end in joy.” 26 likes
.... Steli forgot knocking.... 16 likes