Book Blog Networking discussion

Book Love > What are you Reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 51 (51 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Here is a great place to let us know what you are reading, plan to read, just finished. As well as which books you recommend or really didn't like.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

A World Without Heroes (Beyonders, #1) by Brandon Mull A World Without Heroes by Brandon Mull

This one comes out, I think in April, but so far it is rather interesting. I'm loving it. :)

message 3: by Rai (last edited Mar 06, 2011 11:34AM) (new)

Rai | 6 comments The last two books I read & loved were:

The Power by Rhonda Byrne

...an inpirational & uplifting book

Deep Storm by Lincoln Child

...a truly excellent thriller

I am going to be posting reviews of both soon.

I am also reading:

The Ice Limit by Douglas Preston

...very descriptive, interesting premise.

Cheers,

~Rai

message 4: by KWinks (new)

KWinks   (icameheretoread) | 1 comments Reading a Girls Guide to Homelessness and loving it. Reminds me of Glass Castle. Not sure it's really a "teen" book (which is how it will be marketed). I can think of many adults who would enjoy this.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

That one sounds interesting as well.

message 6: by Aanchal (new)

Aanchal  (bookflame) | 5 comments i'm almost finished up with Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter, #3) by Nalini Singh now i'm debating if I should read Torment (Fallen, #2) by Lauren Kate or Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1) by Beth Revis next

message 7: by Kayla (new)

Kayla I'm reading The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2) by Rick Riordan Liking it so far, but I can't wait to get back to my Stephanie Plum books soon! :)

message 8: by Anna (new)

Anna Walls (annalwalls) I just finished my first Stephani Plum book - funny

message 9: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Are you planning to continue the series? I've read 10 so far.

message 10: by Anna (new)

Anna Walls (annalwalls) Book stores are far far away. I acquired this book a couple years ago and simply because of the size, I put off reading it. I don't like the taller wider books - just a thing I guess. I really hate that my book was published the same size. But I digress. I'll read another one if I find one. I don't order online because even mail is a serious pain for me.

message 11: by Cathy (last edited Feb 24, 2011 05:38AM) (new)

Cathy (cgraceh) | 64 comments Aanchal wrote: "i'm almost finished up with Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter, #3) by Nalini Singh now i'm debating if I should read Torment (Fallen, #2) by Lauren Kateor Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1) by Beth Revisnext"

oooh...I've got Torment on my list too...looks good..Right now I"m reading my first Kristan Higgins book My One and Only by Kristan Higgins (which is fabulous!!) and listening to Cecilia Ahern's new one, The Book of Tomorrow by Cecelia Ahern - so fun, magical and just, different!

message 12: by Julie (new)

Julie (jflamingo) | 23 comments I'm reading "A Raisin in the Sun" by Lorainne Hansberry. It's truly a classic play and I hope I get to see it someday. I'll let you know when I get a review up on it.

message 13: by Karen (last edited Feb 24, 2011 11:16AM) (new)

Karen | 44 comments I'm reading HeartsBlood by Carolyn McCray . It has been wonderful so far and I can't wait to gush about it on my blog! LOL

message 14: by Julie (new)

Julie (jflamingo) | 23 comments I'm embarrased to ask but how does everyone put the little books in their comments? It looks great - Thanks!

message 15: by Anna (new)

Anna Walls (annalwalls) There's a little gold link at the top of the comment box that says 'add book/author' click it and find the book you like to add and once the link is displayed, add your comments around it.

message 16: by Julie (new)

Julie (jflamingo) | 23 comments Thanks, Anna. :)

message 17: by Anna (new)

Anna Walls (annalwalls) My pleasure

message 18: by Marrion James (new)

Marrion James (The Book Associate) | 3 comments I'm currently reading Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver and The Vespertine (The Vespertine, #1) by Saundra Mitchell both for review! Just finished reading The Cellar by A.J. Whitten The Cellar by AJ Whitten and I'll be posting what I think about it soon at my blog! :]

message 19: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cgraceh) | 64 comments Anna wrote: "There's a little gold link at the top of the comment box that says 'add book/author' click it and find the book you like to add and once the link is displayed, add your comments around it."

Also, make sure you select "Cover" instead of title and it will show a picture of the cover rather than the actual name; For example to show both title and cover you'd have to select the "Add book/author" link twice, once to select title, and again to select cover:) Have fun!

message 20: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) I am currently halfway through "Last Sacrifice" by Richelle Mead and I've started "Chicken Soup for the Soul:Teacher Tales" by Jack Canfield.

message 21: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) I am reading Starring in the Movie of My Life by Laurel Osterkamp , Lois Lane Tells All (Talk of the Town, #2) by Karen Hawkins , and Skipping a Beat by Sarah Pekkanen .

message 22: by Rai (new)

Rai | 6 comments I'm now reading Ice Hunt by James Rollins

message 23: by Rai (new)

Rai | 6 comments Anna wrote: "There's a little gold link at the top of the comment box that says 'add book/author' click it and find the book you like to add and once the link is displayed, add your comments around it."

Good question Julie! I was wondering how to do that, too. It's a great feature!

Thanks for explaining that Anna :)

~Rai

message 24: by Donna (new)

Donna (dfiggz) I will be reading Cutting for Stone forver! But in between I will be reading The Tiger's Wife because I won it on GR and also Absolutely, Positively because it is fluff and will go quickly!

message 25: by Anna (new)

Anna Walls (annalwalls) Desperate for reading material and too far from a store, I'm reduced to reading a collection of short stories on the Silver Surfer. pity me

message 26: by Karen (new)

Karen | 44 comments You should check out the free ebooks for kindle online. You can download the app to your computer and they have a ton of great ebooks waiting for you the just grab and read! I've found some great books I would have otherwise missed!

Anna wrote: "Desperate for reading material and too far from a store, I'm reduced to reading a collection of short stories on the Silver Surfer. pity me"

message 27: by Anna (new)

Anna Walls (annalwalls) Thanks but I can only spend so much time on the computer, especially in the morning, and at night, I really must do something else, like edit my own work - haha

message 28: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cgraceh) | 64 comments Donna wrote: "I will be reading Cutting for Stone forver! But in between I will be reading The Tiger's Wife because I won it on GR and also bec..."

Did you read the first two before Absolutely, Positively by Heather Webber?? Fantastic series!!

I'm dying to go out and by the third...I've just been buying sooo many books lately...too many...what to do?!?

message 29: by Donna (new)

Donna (dfiggz) I know what you mean. I have over 800 on my bookshelves!!!! I try to sell or swap some but then I just buy more LOL

message 30: by Anna (new)

Anna Walls (annalwalls) I wish I had a bookshelf. no room in my house

message 31: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cgraceh) | 64 comments Anna wrote: "I wish I had a bookshelf. no room in my house"

I didn't think I had any room for a bookshelf either until this past weekend, we were at a Christmas tree shop and for very cheap, we were able to buy a pretty white three tier bookshelf with beautiful, intricate cutouts on the sides to give it a little unique detailing...it's my first real bookshelf:) Lovin it!

message 32: by Anna (new)

Anna Walls (annalwalls) Any bookshelf here, no matter how small, would have to be free standing and standing in the center of my house. The one free span of wall space I have (literally) is taken up by the shelves that hold my DVDs and tapes (shelves made to size and nailed down) books won't fit even if I put the movies somewhere else. Quite literally, there is no room for a bookshelf in my house, no free wall space. I barely have room for a picture of my son and his family.

message 33: by Donna (new)

Donna (dfiggz) Well I get all my shelving from craigslist. Also, I have a headboard that has shelves hidden inside!

message 34: by Aanchal (new)

Aanchal  (bookflame) | 5 comments I still need to get out there and find a decent sized bookshelf for my apartment until than all my books are stacked in my closet..anyways I finished Torment (Fallen, #2) by Lauren Kate and am in the middle of Angelfire (Angelfire, #1) by Courtney Allison Moulton

message 35: by Julie (new)

Julie (jflamingo) | 23 comments I have been known to keep my books in boxes that fit under my bed. It's like a library under my bed. lol! :D
I'm slowly reading through Inferno by Dante Alighieri right now.

message 36: by Karen (new)

Karen | 44 comments Right now, I'm reading Sounds of Murder by Patricia Rockwell and Irish Moon by Amber Scott . I have so many more I wish I had time to dive into but spring break is next week!

message 37: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (onlyminordetails) I'm currently reading The Center of Everything and Déjà Dead.

message 38: by Paranormal (new)

Paranormal Suspense | 5 comments I'm currently reading "Red Mortal" by Deidre Knight.

Samantha (Book Lover's Cozy Cafe) (sparklyblueyes) just finished Bad Attitude (B.A.D. Series, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon it was a really good book I'm glad I picked it up. Now to continue on with a challenge I am now reading Dark Rival (Masters of Time, #2) by Brenda Joyce

message 40: by Rai (new)

Rai | 6 comments Next up for me:

Thirteen at Dinner by Agatha Christie and On Writing by Stephen King

Samantha (Book Lover's Cozy Cafe) (sparklyblueyes) I have just finished Dark Rival (Masters of Time, #2) by Brenda Joyce OMG it was soooo good, it is now 3:35am here and I'm still wide awake I could not put this book down.

Alas I will be going to bed here soon but later on after I wake up I will be reading Dream Chaser (Dark-Hunter, #14) (Dream-Hunter, #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

message 42: by Paranormal (new)

Paranormal Suspense | 5 comments I'm currently reading "Count to Ten" by Karen Rose.

message 43: by Peter (new)

Peter Medley | 2 comments The Perfect Deceit

An intriguing and fascinating book on how countries vie against each other to be top dog on the world stage. Spies, double agents, love triangles -- it’s all in a day’s work for super spy Alexey! In today’s interconnected world, this book gives an interesting perspective on how much competition goes on behind the scenes with ambitions and stakes running high. Hearts are broken and for some power is gained.

Illuminating book on the espionage sphere. Lots of mind games involved. Great book with high drama. Makes for a perfect summer read!

Samantha (Book Lover's Cozy Cafe) (sparklyblueyes) i'm about 3/4 of the way through Ghost Town (Morganville Vampires, Book 9) by Rachel Caine

message 45: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) | 40 comments I'm currently reading The Devil's Arithmetic (Puffin Modern Classics) by Jane Yolen . Then I'll work on finishing Her Dear and Loving Husband by Meredith Allard .

Samantha (Book Lover's Cozy Cafe) (sparklyblueyes) finsihed Ghost Town (Morganville Vampires, Book 9) by Rachel Caine then read Ashes of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #6) by Lara Adrian and now reading Witch & Wizard (Witch & Wizard, #1) by James Patterson

message 47: by Caitlyn (new)

Caitlyn (cravingfiction) | 2 comments I just finished White Cat a few days ago, (really need to get around to writing that review!) and have started A Game of Thrones thanks to HBO's TV series of it that I really enjoyed!

message 48: by Rai (new)

Rai | 6 comments I just finished No Greater Sacrifice by John C. Stipa and will be starting The Alexander Cipher (Daniel Knox, #1) by Will Adams

Christen (GoldiloxReads) | 4 comments I'm working my way through the Shifter series right now by Rachel Vincent. Currently reading Shift (Shifters, #5) by Rachel Vincent

I just finished Richelle Meads' Dark Swan series. Richelle Mead Dark Swan Bundle Iron Crowned, Storm Born, & Thorn Queen by Richelle Mead

message 50: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) I am reading Summer Promises by Robin Joseph Gunn and Bamboo and Lace by Lori Wick by Lori Wick.

« previous 1