Book Buying Addicts Anonymous discussion

What Kind of Books Do You Like To Read

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:42PM) (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) I like to read memoirs, young adult fiction, novels, glbt themed books, and lesbian romance novels.

message 2: by Jordan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:42PM) (new)

Jordan (jordieheartsbooks) Everything! Seriously.....Though I do have a penchant for History(all subgenres therein), Sci-fi/Fantasy, Vampires, and anything by Dean Koontz

message 3: by Lori (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:42PM) (new)

Lori (tnbbc) I change genres alot. Currently Im just hitting any book that sounds good. Im reading Glen Duncan (afterlife theme) at the moment, but waiting in the wings are The Town That Forgot To Breathe (horror?), and High Fidelity (regular fiction). I have gone thru religious-conspiracy novels, chick lit, and thriller phases as well.... If its interesting, its for me.

message 4: by Schnaucl (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:42PM) (new)

Schnaucl | 9 comments I read a lot of urban fantasy, fantasy, and science fiction. I occasionally read non-fiction (usually about politics or a period in history) and non genre fiction as well.

message 5: by Meredith (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:42PM) (new)

Meredith Watson | 37 comments I read general fiction, thrillers, chick lit, and celebrity biographies, with a classic thrown in every now and then. Basically, just whatever grabs my attention!

message 6: by Rachel (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:43PM) (new)

Rachel i like fiction and classics. not a big thriller, fantasy, sci-fi, romance or biography buff. i like historical fiction and oddly enjoy books that take a while to know what the heck is going on (i.e., "the blind assassin" or "the time traveler's wife"). anything a bit more complex is more enjoyable to me. and i would love to go through the barnes & nobles classics section and be able to say i've read every one (you know, the little stand of books they redid all the covers for and named "b&n collection" or something of the sort).

message 7: by SassyMama (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:43PM) (new)

SassyMama (sweet-sassycomcastnet) | 11 comments I am without a doubt a "hopeless romantic"...I enjoy all types of romance....mystery romance, christian romance, sci-fi romance, fantasy romance, interracial romance, historical romance, erotic romance. I also reading fantasy (Harry Potter), self-help books, some biographies and autobiographies...and I definitely enjoy reading to my children...fiction and non-fiction.

message 8: by Margaret (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:43PM) (new)

Margaret | 9 comments I will read almost anything but if I had to chose a favorite it would be, historical fiction.and I'm also partial to mysteries and sci-fi.

message 9: by Adriane (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:44PM) (new)

Adriane (justbooks4me) | 4 comments I like to read mysteries, thrillers, true-crime grit, love stories, classics, christian fiction, I guess just about anything that I consider "feel-good" stuff.

message 10: by Christy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:44PM) (new)

Christy Brannen (murdermostbritish) | 19 comments I read mostly historical and traditional British 'cozy' mysteries...I do plan on reading a few Golden Age detection stories that are American, like Nero Wolfe, Philo Vance and Perry Mason in the future. Right now, I'm concetrating on the British cozy.

Christy

message 11: by Llama (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:44PM) (new)

Llama Castillo | 34 comments I read almost anything. My favorites are scifi and fantasy but I also like historical, mystery, classics, Christan fiction and even some biographies. I do still read books from the kids and teen sections as well, finding things I like that I can recommend to parents. My favorite authors are Patricia McKillip, Patricia McKinley, Lori Wick, C.S. Lewis, Dee Henderson, Orson Scott Card, Sherwood Smith, Jane Austen, Gail Carson Levine and Timothy Zahn ... but those are just the top ten.

message 12: by Judub (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:45PM) (new)

Judub | 11 comments Most of the books I read are mysteries, mystery thriller, other fictions. Thanks to amazon recommandation, I got sucked into mystery romance, now some romance too. Other than Agatha Christie, Conan Doyle, among all here are a few authors I follows: Elizabeth George, Laurie R. King, Deborah Crombie.

message 13: by Armando (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:45PM) (new)

Armando Alvarez | 9 comments i read mystery fiction fansty fiction science fiction and history fiction. for some reason i could never pick up a nonfiction lol. as of right now im into fantasy fiction. the authors i got hooked on it by my friends lol. Authors i like are -Jean M. Auel, Kate Elliot, Mercedes Lackey, T.A. Barron, Stephanie Meyers, and Tamora Pierce.
Very good authors some the authors have more complex books. (kate elliot's books are more complex than say Tamora Pierce) but all in all they are really good.

message 14: by pop (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:45PM) (new)

pop I read mostly mysteries or military fiction these days. Of course, lately I would rather write than read. If you like some fun in you mysteries, get the Southern sisters series by Anne George. theres only twelve, she died. They are good mysteries, but at times absolutely laugh out loud side-splitting funny too. I like Nora Roberts AS JD ROBB, not her regular stuff. Evanovich, Strohmeyer, Block, and all the Executioner and Deystroyer books when they were good. Now, the Mack Bolan series is good again. I like some of your old time hard boiled detectives like in Dashiel Hammetts maltese falcon and so forth. For humor, you can't beat Patrick McManus books, one i remember is titled They Shoot Canoes Don't They.

message 15: by Eric (last edited Dec 22, 2007 08:41AM) (new)

Eric I am a big fan of religious themed thrillers. I just finished The Righteous Men by Sam Bourne. They are number 1. Then comes Piers Anthony's Xanth series. They are fantasy and I have been reading and collecting them since I was a kid. He's been writing that series a long time. Then comes science themed thrillers like Michael Crichton and John Case. And lastly I like to toss in a good detective mystery, now and then, for good measure.