Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > What is your benchmark bad movie?

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jammies (new)

Jammies The Wraith with Charlie Sheen for "so bad it's good to make fun of" and the Tim Burton/Johnny Depp version of Legend of Sleepy Hollow for scenery-chewing, meaningless Freudian subplot and utter disregard of, oh, I don't know, THE ENTIRE FACKING PLOT OF THE CLASSIC STORY. I will hate both Tim and Johnny forever for that one.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24149 comments Mod
Oh, there are so many. Close Encounters of the Third Kind. A Walk in the Clouds, (Keanu Reeves).

message 3: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6019 comments "Lost in Translation." Drinks usually make families more bearable, music sound better, food taste tastier, the people around you more attractive, and movies more interesting. It didn't work here. I briefly contemplated gouging my eyes out with the remote.

All the evidence you'll ever need that art, as a concept, blows.

message 4: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Clark is wrong. Wrong, I tell you!

I saw one of those baby geniuses movies a couple years back. Scott Baio was in it. The filmmakers seemed depressed, like they weren't even trying.

message 5: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6019 comments RandomAnthony wrote: "Clark is wrong. Wrong, I tell you!"

It wouldn't be the first time.

message 6: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Probably not the last either :-)

message 7: by Heidi (last edited Feb 17, 2011 08:50AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Cabin Boy and just about anything Quentin Tarantino or early Woody Allen

message 8: by Michael (new)

Michael There's a few but I really didn't like A History of Violence.

message 9: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca White (rebecca_white) | 1028 comments BunWat wrote: "Meh, all of these movies may not be to everyone's taste, but none of them is truly bad.

True!

My pick is The Gates of Hell. I like horror movies as a rule, but this one was bad, and not even funny/bad.

message 10: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca White (rebecca_white) | 1028 comments Battlefield Earth was bad, but it was funny/bad. It had something going for it.

message 11: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments BunWat wrote: "Oh btw, Myles' pick, Battlefield Earth, actually won the Razzie for the worst movie of the last 25 years..."

Now I'm kind of tempted to see it.

message 12: by Stina (new)

Stina (stinalee) | 750 comments The recent remake of Fame is the worst movie I have ever seen EVER.

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I've been meaning to watch the Twilight one. It's come highly recommended.

message 14: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman Moulin Rouge. Watching it was like having my teeth drilled straight through to the gums without Novocaine.

message 15: by Brittomart (last edited Feb 17, 2011 12:17PM) (new)

Brittomart This thread reminds me of Videogum's The Hunt for the Worst Movie of All Time feature. I think Battlefield Earth was the first movie featured.

message 16: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments Gatorman wrote: "Moulin Rouge. Watching it was like having my teeth drilled straight through to the gums without Novocaine."

let me be the first in this thread to profess my love for moulin rouge.

message 17: by Sarah (last edited Feb 17, 2011 12:33PM) (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I think there's a difference between bad movie and movie-you-disliked. I think in the case of the latter there is some recognition that others liked the movie (Example, Moulin Rouge) whereas a true bad movie is generally acknowledged to be bad across the board. People get different degrees of enjoyment out of truly bad movies, while acknowledging that they like it because of its faults, not despite them.

Example: I got a kick out of the godawful D.E.B.S.

message 18: by Clackamas (new)

Clackamas | 17 comments The Happening is dullest end of the world movie ever, the dullest Marky Mark movie ever, and worst movie by that M. Night Shy-ama-lama-ding-dong guy. It's up there on a list of worst premise ever. On top of that, the plot is paced slowly, the characters are meaningless, and the dialogue is pointless. It's like null void of a movie. Even Marky Mark is sorry he made it.

message 19: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Welcome, Clackamas. And from what I've heard that's a good addition to this thread.

message 20: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments i haven't seen them, but i'd like to add any movie paris hilton starred in. including the sex tape.

message 21: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments I second the Welcome Clackamas.

message 22: by Stina (new)

Stina (stinalee) | 750 comments let me be the first in this thread to profess my love for moulin rouge."

I also love Moulin Rouge!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) White Chicks.

message 24: by Aynge (new)

Aynge (ayngemac) | 1202 comments It's a tie between Pretty Woman and Evil Dead.

message 25: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Gatorman wrote: "Moulin Rouge. Watching it was like having my teeth drilled straight through to the gums without Novocaine."

Agreed. Awful.

message 26: by Lyzzibug ~Still Breathing~ (last edited Feb 18, 2011 08:22AM) (new)

Lyzzibug ~Still Breathing~ (lyzzibug) | 708 comments Showing my love for Moulin Rouge also!!

Pineapple Express was a bad movie, funny, but bad.

message 27: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart I liked Pineapple Express! James Franco made it for me. and also the line: "You assholes do exactly as I say, or I will take you outside and fuck you in the street!"

Lyzzibug ~Still Breathing~ (lyzzibug) | 708 comments Heehee! Yep it was funny

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I wasn't as fond of Pineapple Express, but I love me some James Franco.

message 30: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 3401 comments When I'm watching at home, I'll give a movie 20 minutes, then stop if it's unbearable. But I went with a friend to the theater to see The Ugly Truth with Gerard Butler. I just can't understand why they keep letting this guy make romantic comedies. I so wanted to leave, but I was with a friend, so I stayed till the end. Just awful.

message 31: by [ A ] (new)

[ A ] Hudson Hawk

::shudders::

First movie I was utterly unable to finish watching.

message 32: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Cloverfield.

message 33: by Arminius (new)

Arminius | 1034 comments Pulp Fiction.

message 34: by Michael (new)

Michael Arminius wrote: "Pulp Fiction."

Very good bad movie choice!

message 35: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments apparently i like a lot of 'bad movies'

message 36: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Shame on you, janine.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.