SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive: Past Team Challenges > Book Shelf BINGO Round Two: Announcement & Sign-up [Closed]

Comments Showing 1-50 of 130 (130 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (last edited Feb 19, 2011 07:39PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28410 comments SOS’ First Round of Book Shelf BINGO is about to come to a close. So, I thought it would be a good time start recruiting players for ROUND TWO.

I am super happy to hear that many, if not all, of our R1 BINGO players wish to join us for R2! Looking forward to our rematch! :)

We would also love to have new members join us for Round 2 (R2)! Some of you have already expressed interest in joining us. Once I have a firm idea on the start date, I will create an invite for all R2 players. Until then, please read through the following and sign up in this thread, if you are interested.

If you are a new player: Please take into consideration, before signing up for this team challenge, that your team members will count on you and your steady participation throughout the length of the game.

There is no way to know in advance how long the game will last. R1 started 1 Oct 2010 and we are set to have a team win following our last shelf announcement on 14 Feb 2011. The shelves are chosen using random.org, so there was a chance the game could have gone on longer than 4.5 months.

Teams have their own team thread where members frequently chat about what they’re reading, post reviews and comments. You are welcome to look through the team threads (in our Book Shelf BINGO folder ) to get an idea of how the game flows.

It’s only fair that you consider all of this before making a decision to join us for R2. We want every member, new and returning, to be 110% sure they will be able to stick with their team throughout the length of the game. As R1 ran through some major US holiday seasons, we are all aware that holidays will be taken, people will have real-life issues that cause conflict, and other issues may cause you to be less active for a certain amount of time. We are all understanding and accommodate our team members during their breaks.

Please read over these threads for more information. Playing the game is easy and not as complex as the directions make it sound. Feel free to ask any questions!

How to: Simplified for quick tips on how the game works
How to: Get Started, Get Playin' & Get Winnin' for full instructions on how to play and win the game
Shelf Annoucements will be made the same way (in addition to announcements on each team’s thread), providing each member with the name of the shelf and a direct link to the GR shelf to choose their next book

Once you’ve read through everything, if you are still interested in joining us for R2, please sign up below.

If you are a ROUND ONE team member and would like to continue playing, please let us know here.

Please also state whether or not you would like to stay on your current team. The information provided by R1 players will take priority when determining how to handle team assignments in R2, so please be honest. You are always welcome to email/PM me or any of the other mods, if you’d like to discuss your thoughts privately. We will try to accommodate our current players’ wishes as best we can when assigning R2 teams. We may be able to sprinkle in new players on each existing team.

A few changes will be seen in R2:
1. Shelves will be announced weekly vs. every other
2. Announcements will be made on Sundays v. Mondays (that seemed to work out best in R1 anyway)
3. I’ll be including all of the shelves not called from R1 in R2’s game (there were 10 played - 14 never called)
4. 10 all-new shelves will be added for a total of 24 shelves
5. All new BINGO and Team threads will be created. All R1 non-team threads will be archived, following the full completion of R1. R1 Team threads will be archived following the start of R2. Please feel free to continue to chat with your team mates until that time - or after, the thread will remain open, but archived.

Myself, Sandra, Judithe & Laura Lulu are all looking forward to joining everyone for R2! Thank you to all the members who participated in R1!! We had a blast reading with you. We hope to see many new faces and returning faces in R2!

message 2: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23518 comments I'm definitely in! It was so much fun.

message 3: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (lethallovely) | 1360 comments I'm in again & I would like to be on another team. Not because my current team isn't amazing-because you are-but because I want to try to develope that same camaraderie with another team. Most of my current team members have become great GR friends & I would love to have a chance to experience that with other members I don't talk to as much.

message 4: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (last edited Feb 26, 2011 11:31PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28410 comments MEMBER SIGN UP
New & Returning

eVite Maybes:
1. Janice
2. Joy
3. Ames
4. HeatherB
5. *yadkny*
6. Josie
7. Wan
8. Thenia
9. Janice
10. Toana
11. Diana R
12. Lisa MH

Players:
1. StephB R
2. Sandra R
3. Lethal R
4. Vivian R
5. Shannon R
6. Judithe R
7. Sallie R
8. Amanda R
9. Daffodil R
10. Diane ~firefly~ R
11. Jackie M R
12. Rachel R
13. Rebecca R
14. Jen (jlkish) R
15. Shelleyrae R
16. Laura Lulu R
17. Amber R
18. Aske R
19. Miss R
20. Babbling AKA Christina Book N
21. Sarah N
22. Angi R
23. Nairabell N
24. Tania N
25. Mary N
26. Sherri N
27. Cinnamon N
28. Dana N
29. Amanda N
30. Kristen N
31. Kimberly N
32. KarenF N
33. Jessica N
34. Lili N
35. Nici N
36. Zina N
37. Zaanodes N
38. Jo (Hayne) N (eVite-Yes)
39. Susana N (eVite-Yes)
40. Alyssa N (eVite-Yes)
41. Heather N (eVite-Yes)
42. Sassy N (eVite-Yes)
43. Laurie (Horton) N (eVite-Yes)
44. Caroline (Gault) N (eVite-Yes)
45. AH N (eVite-Yes)
46. Celine N (eVite-Yes)
47. Michelle N
48. Crystal S N

message 5: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28410 comments That makes perfect sense, Lethal. Thank you for your feedback. I'm happy you were able to jump in a bit later in the game and have made some good friends in the process of reading some good books. :)

message 6: by Vivian (new)

Vivian (_vivian) | 1934 comments Heck ya, I'm in. Can't believe that was 4.5 months ago! Definitely didn't feel that long :)

I agree with Lethal, I think switching up teams is a great way for us to get to know more people in this group. That being said, I love the Furious Five and would be more than happy to team up with them again :)

message 7: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (last edited Feb 14, 2011 10:37PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28410 comments Yay! Glad ya'll will be joining us for R2. It didn't feel that long to me either.
I put you down as OPEN, Vivian. We'll see how many sign up.

message 8: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28410 comments PS: There's currently no deadline set for the sign-up, but I'd like to be in a position to start thinking about team assignments by the end of February.

That should give me enough time to do all the other prep and put us in a position to start R2 around early-mid March.

message 9: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (frencett) | 96 comments So happy R2 is happening!
I'm definitely in. Loved my current team - but happy to be in any team.

message 10: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6371 comments I love my teammates and would be more than happy to join with them in round 2, but, as Lethal said, I would also love the chance to get to know some other folks as well as I/we did (I'll still be poking around in other threads, so can enjoy more with them, too!)

Oh, I'm absolutely in for R2!!

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1103 comments I would love to participate in R2...love my fellow Furious Five so I would love to participate with them again but would welcome a new team also...was that really 4.5 months ago that we started R1? Wow, did not seem that long to me at all either...

message 12: by Amanda A (new)

Amanda A (carolinabookworm) | 812 comments I'm in for R2! I am also open to being on a new team or the same team.

message 13: by Daffodil (new)

Daffodil (daffodil--ripcranberry) | 2098 comments I'm definitely in for R2. I can't wait. Thanks for all your hard work on this.

message 14: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 13 comments ME ME!! :D

message 15: by Diane ~Firefly~ (new)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 908 comments I'm in again. I agree with everybody, I'm happy to stay with my current team or be on a new one.

message 16: by Jackie M (new)

Jackie M | 695 comments Count me in again. I love my team but am open for a new one.

Rachel- Goodbye Borders (rachelgoodbyeborders) | 1311 comments I'm in again and open to new/same team.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I would love to play again! It was really fun. :D As for which team, it really doesn't matter. I liked my old one, but I don't have a problem with being moved either. :)

message 19: by Jen (jlkish) (new)

Jen (jlkish) (jlkish) | 82 comments I'm definitely in for round 2. I'm happy to stay with my current team or move to a new one. :)

message 20: by Shelleyrae (new)

Shelleyrae at Book'd Out | 346 comments I'm in as well - I had such fun with the Furious Five girls, I am happy to stay with my current team or be part of a new one :)

I admit I prefer the two week apart postings though, reather just the one.

message 21: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28410 comments I'm so excited to see so many returning for another go! YAY! :D

I'm sorry, Shelleyrae, but we're going to stick with the once a week announcements, at least for the first bit. Two just seemed too long in R1. But, please, everyone, don't hesitate to let me know if the weekly announcements cause you difficulty in playing the game.

message 22: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (lethallovely) | 1360 comments I am so excited that the shelves are going to be announced every week. It was pure torture waiting to see when & what the next shelf was going to be.

message 23: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28410 comments Hopefully, once we get going, everyone will feel the same, Lethal.

message 24: by Laura Lulu (last edited Feb 15, 2011 06:29PM) (new)

Laura Lulu (lauralulu) | 1603 comments I'm definitely in and totally agree, Lethal. Can't wait for the weekly announcements. The shelves are so chock full, I could always find a book I was planning on reading anyway.

message 25: by Shelleyrae (new)

Shelleyrae at Book'd Out | 346 comments Oh well I will just have to get ahead of my required reading enough so I can make the challenge book a priority :)

message 26: by Vivian (new)

Vivian (_vivian) | 1934 comments That will definitely speed up the game, but, wow, once a week will be quick, but two weeks was too long. Is it too confusing to do every 10 days?

Kinda kidding about the 10 days...unless anyone's considering it? 1st, 11th, 21st?

message 27: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28410 comments Actually that's not a bad idea, Vivian. I'm always up for discussing it further. 14 days was definitely too long, 7 might be too short (hard to say), is 10 just right?

What say you, gamers? :)

message 28: by Desperado (last edited Feb 15, 2011 09:09PM) (new)

Desperado (lethallovely) | 1360 comments Laura Lulu wrote: "I'm definitely in and totally agree, Lethal. Can't wait for the weekly announcements. The shelves are so chock full, I could always find a book I was planning on reading anyway."

Exactly! That's what I was thinking. I read so many books in a short period of time-12 so far this month-that I would find myself slowing down just in case a particular planned book might fit onto a new shelf. Now I wouldn't have to do that!

message 29: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28410 comments Great point. The shelves for R2 have just as many, if not more on some, books to choose from as you saw in R1. So, the hope continues to be that with so many options, people will be able to find a book they already have TBR.

message 30: by Amber (last edited Feb 16, 2011 05:30AM) (new)

Amber (crazyaboutbooks) | 499 comments I'm In for round TWO
Had hoped to win round one :( but, maybe round two is in my cards :). I'm also good with what ever changes their are, you guys did such a great job for the first round I know the second round will be just as fun

message 31: by Vivian (new)

Vivian (_vivian) | 1934 comments I think 7 days is doable, but remember how excited we all were when new BINGO shelves were announced? I'm almost afraid every week will be so often, it becomes less exciting and more of an assignment. Not that these books are chores to read and most likely, a good number of us are reading more than one book a week anyways, I just don't want it to become overwhelming. Okay, that's my 2 cents, either way, still excited for R2 :)

message 32: by Aske (new)

Aske | 119 comments I will be returning for Round 2 and I don't mind being placed on the same team or on another. Just place me wherever you need to. :)

message 33: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28410 comments Makes sense. Don't want to be a chore for anyone. If it starts sucking the fun outta the game for everyone we'll rethink the timing.

*putting Vivian's 2¢ in piggy bank for rainy day* ;)

message 34: by Diane ~Firefly~ (new)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 908 comments Just to throw my two cents in: I thought the two week time for new shelves was too long. Our group's page would be inactive between when we finished and when the next shelf was announced, which I think takes away from the game. I also think one week announcements will add to the sense of urgency to get the stamp.

message 35: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (last edited Feb 16, 2011 10:16PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28410 comments Great point, Diane. Here's hopin'! "I also think one week announcements will add to the sense of urgency to get the stamp." :)

message 36: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6371 comments Diane ~Firefly~ wrote: "Just to throw my two cents in: I thought the two week time for new shelves was too long. Our group's page would be inactive between when we finished and when the next shelf was announced, which I ..."

That's very true...it'd get kind of lonely...LOL!

message 37: by Miss (new)

Miss | 259 comments I'm in of course, I would love to stay on with the same team, we were great, but I'm ok with a new team too. It's great that new shelves will be announced every week, we always finished early and then had to wait more than a week for new reads.

message 38: by ♥Tricia♥ (last edited Feb 17, 2011 12:32PM) (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 13 comments Ohh this sucks.. I am going to have to bow out :(

My schedule just got hectic and a lot of stuff has recently been thrown into my lap and I fear I may not be able to read as fast as I need to be able to in order to be any good to a group :(

I was so excited about this too!

Ahh well next time :)

message 39: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28410 comments Yay, Miss! Glad you'll be joining us again.

:( Sorry to hear that, ♥Tricia♥. Hope things calm down for ya. If you change your mind, or thing IRL lighten up for ya before we assign teams let me know. Otherwise, we'll CYA in another round.

message 40: by Sherri (new)

Sherri | 781 comments I tried to open the links about how the game works in the first post but I'm getting page not found message. I would like to understand what I'm getting myself into before I commit.

So I'll wait until the links are fixed before signing up.

message 41: by Laura Lulu (last edited Feb 19, 2011 01:40PM) (new)

Laura Lulu (lauralulu) | 1603 comments Here they are, Sherri. :)

How To: Simplified

How To: Get Started, Get Playing & Get Winning

Shelf Announcements

They are all listed in the BINGO folder, along with the team threads from the first round, if you want to check out an actual team during the game:

BINGO Folder

message 42: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (last edited Feb 19, 2011 07:37PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28410 comments Sorry about that, Sherri. Thanks, LLL! I'm not sure what is going on. My links are the same as those you posted, but they aren't working now, for some reason?! :\

Anyway, thanks again and hope you'll be able to join us, Sherri. :)

ETA: Links fixed in Post#1

message 43: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28410 comments UPDATES:
I'm really excited about R2! So happy to see so many returning faces. I'll be sending out the event invite to all members in hopes of finding some new players as well. :)

* R2 will begin, with our first shelf announcement, on Sunday, March 6th.

* I will be randomizing all members who've signed up and creating new teams following the sign-up deadline of Feb 27th.

-- New team threads will be created, along with new BINGO cards. So, be thinking of team name ideas and get your game faces on. ;)

* I've created an event. If anyone would like to receive a reminder email, please sign-up there as well. ( Round Two Bingo Event )

Christina (AKA Babbling) (babblingbookreviews) | 1216 comments I'm in. :-)

message 45: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28410 comments Yay :)

message 46: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6371 comments Welcome!

message 47: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 1087 comments I'm new and I'd like to join! :)

message 48: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6371 comments Yay! Welcome, Sarah!

message 49: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28410 comments Yay!! :D

message 50: by Angi (new)

Angi | 485 comments I'd love to join again! :) I'd also like to be on a new team - Lethal said it perfectly - its a great opportunity to get to know others and develop more friendships! Thanks to my amazing team in round 1. You are AWESOME! :)

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.