Books I Loathed discussion

Loathed Authors > What is UP with Laurie Halse Anderson?!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cara (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:41PM) (new)

Cara Cantwell Why..no, HOW did Laurie Halse Anderson manage to write a perfectly lovely historical fiction book (Fever 1793) and end up writing that putrid piece of teen-lit called Prom......?

message 2: by John (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:41PM) (new)

John | 8 comments I liked "Speak", although I found it stretched credibility a bit.

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (lmulls) I haven't read Prom, but I don't much care too...Speak is one of my favorites, and Fever sounds good. Doesn't she have one out called Twisted too?

message 4: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (sir_reads_a_lot) | 11 comments Speak was amazing....I will give her that...but I didn't even make it half way through Prom. I couldn't it stunk.

message 5: by Kat (new)

Kat (oxfordcomma) | 7 comments I thought Prom was cute and funny, but I was 14 when I read it, so, needless to say, I've matured as a reader. I do so love Laurie Halse Anderson, though.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Has anyone else read Winter Girls? It was so weird. Good but strange.

message 7: by Mandy (new)

Mandy | 6 comments Wintergirls was awesome. I found it a lot better the Speak, which I honestly dont get what all the hype was about..

Prom and fever I never read though. Do they by any chance have happy endings? Im in the mode for something happy..

Spider the Doof Warrior (synesthesia) | 15 comments Prom was cute. I liked that book. Speak was better of course.