Fantasy and Vampire Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Achive of OLD posts > Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 11 comments Would anyone like to read this book with me? I have heard it is a great book and was just curious if someone wanted to buddy read it.

message 2: by Adele, Moderator (new)

Adele (turtil) | 1767 comments Mod
I'd love to!!!! did you want to extend it to the whole series?

message 3: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 11 comments Yes I would,normally when I start one I have to finish the rest and they say these are great! So of course I am very curious now! Let me know when you want to start!

message 4: by Adele, Moderator (new)

ok, i'm going to the library during the week.i'll let you know once i get the book.

message 5: by girlpower12121 (new)

girlpower12121 (caanna) I think i might join in with this read if you guys dont mind :D

message 6: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 11 comments Don't mind at all the more the merrier!

message 7: by girlpower12121 (new)

girlpower12121 (caanna) :D I will see if the libary have it in, if not i will put my name down so i can have it after the person who has it

message 8: by Adele, Moderator (new)

i agree the more the merrier.
i have been wanting to read this one for ages.

message 9: by girlpower12121 (new)

girlpower12121 (caanna) Sweet :D i cant wait to join in and read it!

message 10: by Adele, Moderator (new)

Sorry the Library didn't have it and i have to wait until the 14th to find out if i can get the book. Damn Library....
i forgot to mention it earlier. sorry about that! :o(

message 11: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 11 comments That's ok I was wondering what happened to everyone!

message 12: by Mira (new)

Mira | 6 comments Can I join!

message 13: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 11 comments Yes of course Mira!

message 14: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 11 comments Ok, so I have read the first one in this series and loved it!

message 15: by Joy (new)

Joy | 7 comments I've read halfway to the grave, but I am super keen to join in for reading the rest of the series :)

message 16: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (adorkablebookworm) | 3 comments Ok i just started the book Halfway to the Grave. Does anyone want to buddy read with me?

message 17: by Adele, Moderator (new)

we are all at various stages of this book,i'm still on chapter 1!
i have to give the library book back on the 16th of april so i better hury up reading!

message 18: by Adele, Moderator (new)

OMG I Inhaled the books..... once i got into them ...i just inhaled them.
i didn't sleep eat or drink until the book was finished. book one i got into about halfway through
book two i was glued and that goes for the rest.... yes i got them all out at the library(much to this other ladies disgust...yes i almost fought her to get book 5, i won however as i got to the book first and quickly ran away).
one thing.....
MORE!!!!! MORE!!!! MORE!!!!!
i love bones, i loved timmie(such a cutie), and Vlad....ok i just have a thing for all the male characters. the author makes them sound so appealing. does that make me a character slut? lol

message 19: by Joy (new)

Joy | 7 comments I just finished the second book! God it was good, i brought the next one with me to start at lunch time!

message 20: by Adele, Moderator (new)

Tegan wrote: "I just finished the second book! God it was good, i brought the next one with me to start at lunch time!"

Addictive aren't they?

message 21: by Joy (new)

Joy | 7 comments yes! mmmmmmm god damm Bones is sexy. I started At graves end... so good already am I am only 50 pages in. Feels like I am counting down the time until I can read again!!!

message 22: by Adele, Moderator (new)

i feel like slapping cat sometimes for how she treats him. and then other time i'm gushing at how cute they are together, and drooling about bones as well as being jealous that he is a character in a book. and he isn't real but damm..... it makes you want to be cat sometimes.
mmmm i'm starting to drool again.

message 23: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 11 comments These books are very addictive and I agree Adele I felt like slapping Cat sometimes too and Bones is a pretty sexy character!

message 24: by Adele, Moderator (new)

how cool is it... this book is the BOM for December!!! people should drop in and leave a few comments(it's pretty quiet in there)

message 25: by Jancy (new)

Jancy | 3 comments I started reading that book and then didn't get anything done till I had finished the series. I love cat and bones. You just can't get enough and it just keeps getting better. can't wait for book 7. :)

message 26: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Brady (samanthab99) | 11 comments This is the other Samantha just so you will not be confused LOL! You all are making me want to read this series. I love series books. Would someone here mind sending me the names of the books in the order they are to be read and of course the authors name? Thanks!

message 27: by Adele, Moderator (new)

Hello Samantha 2 (lol)
http://www.goodreads.com/series/67946...
the author is Jeanine Frost. And you will find all the books(in chronological order) In the above link.
I love series books too. I seem to only read them.

message 28: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Brady (samanthab99) | 11 comments Adele wrote: "Hello Samantha 2 (lol)
http://www.goodreads.com/series/67946...
the author is Jeanine Frost. And you will find all the books(in chronological order) In the above link.
I love series bo..."

Thanks Adele I will go there. I hope to start getting them from the library soon. Take Care Samantha

message 29: by Adele, Moderator (new)

Cool. I wonder what the audio book would be like? Does it even come in audio book?

message 30: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Brady (samanthab99) | 11 comments Adele wrote: "Cool. I wonder what the audio book would be like? Does it even come in audio book?"

I am not sure but I will be wanting to get it in book form I love the feel of the pages in my hands. I am just old fashioned that way.

message 31: by Adele, Moderator (new)

I admit with my reading electronically, I do miss the feel of pages. That's why I buy a book or two when i can afford it. But I have always been curious about audio books. When Reading I have a picture of what I think the characters would look like and i wonder if audio books will lack that something.
I have a couple, that i just haven't gotten around to listening to. But I'll have to see if they have halfway to the grave in audio book format. Seeing I have read majority of the books.

message 32: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Brady (samanthab99) | 11 comments Adele wrote: "I admit with my reading electronically, I do miss the feel of pages. That's why I buy a book or two when i can afford it. But I have always been curious about audio books. When Reading I have a pic..."

I also have a picture in my head too. I actually put my own character looks in the story that I can never get out of my head when I start reading the other story if there is more of them. So even if they change my imagine of them don't. I guess that is the writer in me. I love to do my own thing. One day I will put part of my story on here for the contest you have and you will see my writing style. Until then.

message 33: by Adele, Moderator (new)

I would love to see your writing style. We are restarting the writing comp in July, so keep an eye out for it.
I have to admit, I get the same thing, imagining the look of a character. You get sucked into the story so much in some books that it is inevitable that you have at least some sort of idea of what they look like.
Especially if it's a series like this one. . I can't picture them right now because i have admittedly stopped reading the series. I'll do a reread and let you know who they look like
If the were to make a movie( omg wouldn't that be great) who would you cast as Bones And cat?or at least how do you picture them?

message 34: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Brady (samanthab99) | 11 comments I will have to start reading them to find out but I have to tell you I do it a lot. Especially the Anita Blake series. I pictured them so much in my head that I dream about them even when I am not reading them. The charcters in the books are so real to me that sometimes I wished they were just so I could meet them that is how involved I get with them sometimes. LOL! Weird huh! Well that is me in a nutshell.

message 35: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Brady (samanthab99) | 11 comments Sorry about the double posts. I have been having trouble with some of the buttons on here not sure why.

message 36: by Adele, Moderator (new)

Samantha wrote: "Sorry about the double posts. I have been having trouble with some of the buttons on here not sure why."

That's what I'm here for.....deleted!
Omg i'd love to meet Jean Claude.....Micah and Nathaniel sound dreamy!
I love that series!

message 37: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Brady (samanthab99) | 11 comments YES YES YES They are some of my favorites in the series. I have completely fallen in love with Nathaniel. He is in most of my dreams. Can't get enough of him. I do love the others but he is the one I keep going back to just know as much as I can on him. I think it is because he is so sweet but there is that dark side of him that you know is lurking but you also know that when it shows itself it will be to help the others and get rid of the bad guys. I love that about him but I also love the gentle side of him the side Anita saw when they first met. The child in him even though he wasn't it was still like he was a child. 16 is young but for them it isn't. You know what I mean?

message 38: by Adele, Moderator (new)

Samantha wrote: "YES YES YES They are some of my favorites in the series. I have completely fallen in love with Nathaniel. He is in most of my dreams. Can't get enough of him. I do love the others but he is the one..."

I'm creating an area just to chat about Anita Blake series. and nathaniel is great but i'm also falling for nicky now! so many dreamy men!

message 39: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (jamie74) I just started this series and am already on book #5 This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5) by Jeaniene Frost ! I LOVE this series....I just can't get enough of cat & Bones!! Has anyone read any of the Novellas that go with the series? Or the 2 books from the Night Huntress World? I did read First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1) by Jeaniene Frost because I saw another "order to read" and they fall in between the NH series...it explained some things within the series...anyways Love love love the series :) Now I will have to look for Anita Blake series thread...another favorite!!

message 40: by Adele, Moderator (new)

Jamie i have moved this discussion to the series reads folder. if you want to chat there. please don't be offended but i will be closing this topic soon (it was originally a buddy read, it isn't anymore)
oooh i forgot about anita blake series topic/thread. thanks for reminding me!:o)

message 41: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (jamie74) Adele wrote: "Jamie i have moved this discussion to the series reads folder. if you want to chat there. please don't be offended but i will be closing this topic soon (it was originally a buddy read, it isn't an..."

Ok....new to the group...thanks for telling me :) I will go there to chat about it.
Oh and I love the name Adele...it's my middle name!!

message 42: by Adele, Moderator (new)

wow i have never known someone to have it as a middle name.
oh and it's my job lol...i'm here to help:o) ...yeah i wish i was paid it would be the coolest job ever.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.