Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > What is the most spontaneous thing you've you ever done?

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I decided on a Friday afternoon, around lunchtime, at work that I'd drive eight hours down to Houston to surprise my sister for her baby shower. I'd been hyperfocused at work that day and finished everything on my to-do list before lunchtime. I literally packed my laundry, grabbed a gift I'd been planning to mail her and left for a roadtrip. Best surprise ever.

message 2: by Suefly (new)

Suefly | 620 comments I went bungee jumping once. I'm hyper-afraid of heights ( my palms sweat when there are aerial shots in a film) so I bit the bullet and tried it.

I've also had sex in public (again, super shy) so it was fun to step outside my uptight box for once.

message 3: by Aynge (new)

Aynge (ayngemac) | 1202 comments I went bungee jumping once too. But it was not spontaneous. I had to think long and hard about it. I'm just not a spontaneous person. I pride myself on my drama-free life.

message 4: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11628 comments I ran into someone I hadn't seen for a couple of years. I offered her a ride home and she said, "I'm going to my friend's house in Santa Cruz later. Why don't we go there now?"

So we did, and ended up staying for two nights. We finally had to come home because we both had to get back to work.

message 5: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i don't consider myself especially spontaneous so i don't have any good ones although i did get really drunk in 1983 and buy a michael jackson thriller type red leather jacket with all the zippers and such for no apparent reason spending 2x my weekly salary on it. i took it back the next morning

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Did you get the matching parachute pants too?

message 7: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6019 comments Jumped in the car with Eddy in the middle of finals week at Michigan State to go see the Ramones at the Masonic Temple in Detroit.

message 8: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Drove to Florida with a two year old to see my wife's family at Christmas. Wish I hadn't. Wish I had gone with Clark instead.

message 9: by Sarah (last edited Feb 14, 2011 08:16AM) (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I drove ten hours once to surprise my mother on her birthday. She kept touching my arms to see if I was real.

Oh, and I surprised her another time when she thought -and I thought - I wasn't coming home for a holiday. I had my sister open the side door and I sat down and watched TV with my sisters until my mom came downstairs to say something to them, and discovered there were three of us on the couch. Great double-take.

message 10: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) That's really nice, Sarah.

message 11: by Michael (new)

Michael This would probably fall under both Spontaneous and Stupid and get crossfiled under Pathetic. I asked someone if she wanted to get married as she was breaking up with me.

message 12: by Heidi (last edited Feb 14, 2011 09:40AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I went to work one day, and left with a ticket to see the touring Broadway production of Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat 15 minutes before the show started. My boss wasn't able to go, so I offered to buy one of his tickets and ran several blocks to see the show at Robinson Center Music Hall. I had no idea at the time that the Osmond brothers were part of the touring cast. I had an excellent seat. It was a pretty cool spontaneous purchase.

message 13: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Also, on the day that Clinton announced he was going to run for president (October 3rd, 1991), I woke and decided with my dad and stepmother to skip my political science and intro to mass media college classes to attend his press conference. Afterward, Dad and I went to his friend's old-fashioned malt shop/drug store across the street from the college campus to talk about the day's exciting events.

When the teacher was doing the roll call during the next class, he picked on me to ask why I missed class and I told him that I skipped to attend the press conference. He seemed impressed and asked questions about it. He told me after class that I could write a report for him about the event for extra credit, so of course I did. :)

message 14: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Sarah Pi wrote: "I drove ten hours once to surprise my mother on her birthday. She kept touching my arms to see if I was real.

Oh, and I surprised her another time when she thought -and I thought - I wasn't coming..."

I love surprising my mom. She's hard to surprise. :)

message 15: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Clark wrote: "Jumped in the car with Eddy in the middle of finals week at Michigan State to go see the Ramones at the Masonic Temple in Detroit."

Now, that's rock 'n' roll! :) Neato.

message 16: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6019 comments Heidi wrote: "Clark wrote: "Jumped in the car with Eddy in the middle of finals week at Michigan State to go see the Ramones at the Masonic Temple in Detroit."

Now, that's rock 'n' roll! :) Neato."

I didn't think so about halfway through my Econ final the next day. My ears were still ringing.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

i decided to go to a party one time during sophomore year on halloween with my brothers when my parents were out of town. my dad didn't want me to go, saying i was too young, but i had a moment of rebellion. so i tagged along, and came home drunk, vomiting and with a splitting headache. and the hangover the next day hurt like shit.
im pretty sure that's the most spontaneous thing ive done in my life, because im usually such a planner.

message 18: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix (phoenixapb) | 1619 comments My husband and I decided to get married after only knowing each other for 17 days. I'd like to state for the record that I totally blame his mother for the whole ordeal....long story...or maybe it's not so much long as it is complicated :)

message 19: by Aynge (new)

Aynge (ayngemac) | 1202 comments You mean the marriage didn't last?

message 20: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix (phoenixapb) | 1619 comments Aynge wrote: "You mean the marriage didn't last?"

No, no it lasted alright...we celebrated our 12th anniversary this past September. I was blaming the spontaneity of it all on his mother. Of course we didn't have to got through with the I do's if we really hadn't wanted to, so I suppose we're just as much at fault. :D

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

congrats on the anniversary!

message 22: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix (phoenixapb) | 1619 comments Thanks Esme!

message 23: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) My first marriage wasn't far from that -- just 3 months. We made it to 12 years.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.