Terminalcoffee discussion

Random Queries > Would You Rather Be Able to Read People's Minds or Predict Their Futures?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aynge (new)

Aynge (ayngemac) | 1202 comments I think I have to sleep on this one.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Mind reading, but I'd want to be able to turn it off at will. If I had to hear thoughts all the time it would be really annoying.

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1107 comments Tough one. Predicting futures would probably make it difficult to distinguish reality from visions, and I would never know when something has or hasn't happened, and knowing something terrible would happen to someone would fill me with guilt for never trying hard enough to change things. Mind reading. Mind reading is better.

message 4: by Aynge (new)

Aynge (ayngemac) | 1202 comments But invading people's thoughts...

There was a TV show on a few years ago about this guy who got tomorrow's paper today, and then he spent all his time running around trying to change the future. I didn't watch it but I heard about it. If I could predict people's futures, I'd have to try to prevent tragedies all the time.

message 5: by Michael (new)

Michael I wouldn't want either of these powers. The burden of responsibility would be too great.

message 6: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11617 comments Aynge wrote: "But invading people's thoughts...

There was a TV show on a few years ago about this guy who got tomorrow's paper today, and then he spent all his time running around trying to change the future...."

We watched that show every week because the star was my wife's favorite actor. She thinks he's totally cute. It's the same reason we started watching "Friday Night Lights" (we continued watching because it was an excellent show).

message 7: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I'd rather be invisible.

message 8: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 53 comments How about walking though walls & stuff? You could go in the banks at night like in Jumpers. Yeah i like that one.

message 9: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Larry wrote: "I'd rather be invisible."

Well, I can't see you Larry!

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments The main character in Jo Walton's Lifelode has a similar trait (view spoiler)

It doesn't seem like something you would want to be burdened with, but neither does mind reading.