Jodi Picoult Books Reading Group. discussion

Welcome > Which Picoult book are you reading now?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 354 (354 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

message 1: by Ashley (new)

Ashley  (angelashly) | 20 comments I just finished Plain Truth and love it. I am also waiting for her new one so I am trying to to decide between Mercy and Second Glance

message 2: by Bryanna (last edited Feb 12, 2011 08:52PM) (new)

Bryanna | 7 comments I'm not actually reading anything by Jodi Picoult right now. After Change of Heart..... I guess I had a change of heart, because I completely stopped reading her books. I think I've read all of them now.....

message 3: by Ashlee (new)

Ashlee (ashlee_) | 83 comments This year I've read The Pact, Plain Truth, and Handle with care. ALL amazing books! I'm taking a short break from her books, because reading about one trial after the next get's a little boring...but I'm planning on reading alot more by her this year.

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy (mommy_of_angels) | 12 comments I haven't read her books in a while. I own all of them. The last on I read was Plain Truth

message 5: by Ashlee (new)

Ashlee (ashlee_) | 83 comments Amy- Have you read all of them though? which one was your favorite/least favorite?

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy (mommy_of_angels) | 12 comments I haven't read all of them yet. My favorite so far is my Sisters Keeper. My least favorite is a tie between The Tenth Circle & Change Of Heart

message 7: by Betsy (new)

Betsy (mistymtladi) | 36 comments Ashley (angelashly) wrote: "I just finished Plain Truth and love it. I am also waiting for her new one so I am trying to to decide between Mercy and Second Glance"

Found the Pact on the goodwill shelf for a dollar. So pretty soon,I'll be reading it.

message 8: by Ashlee (new)

Ashlee (ashlee_) | 83 comments Amy- I haven't read either. I saw Second Glance on the shelf in the library, and it just didn't appeal to me for some reason.

Betsy- I just had a similiar experience at a Goodwill! I'm trying to read all of Nicholas Sparks' books this year, and I found his book "The Rescue" for $1.06 as opposed to 5 and change at Walmart, I was so happy. I think I'll start hitting up Goodwill's for books from now on. :)
Oh, and I read the Pact and thought it was amazing, it's one of my favorites by her, and it's the only book that has ever made me cry.

message 9: by Cece (new)

Cece (cwrob5) | 3 comments I just finished ninteen minutes. next im trying to decide on salem falls or mercy

message 10: by Ashlee (new)

Ashlee (ashlee_) | 83 comments 19 minutes was my first JP book, it was amazing. Salem Falls was also amazing and it's one of my favorites by her, I'd suggest reading it next.

message 11: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (britt0316) | 3 comments I'm reading Picture Perfect now. I'm on page 80 and still can't seem to get into it! I'm not one to give up on a book though and I'm hoping it will turn around!

message 12: by Dero (new)

Dero | 6 comments I think I have read all of JP's books and am waiting for Sing You Home to come. I liked Nineteen Minutes and Handle with Care the best. I started with Salem Falls and was hooked. After that I read The Pact. I think Second Glance was a little weird and did not care as much for The Tenth Circle.

message 13: by Amy (new)

Amy (mommy_of_angels) | 12 comments Cece wrote: "I just finished ninteen minutes. next im trying to decide on salem falls or mercy"

Salem falls is really good!

message 14: by Betsy (new)

Betsy (mistymtladi) | 36 comments Just finished The pact-Wow! It's an earlier Picoult (5) and all elements that she is known for are not so well developed but it was still a tremendous book.

message 15: by Ashlee (new)

Ashlee (ashlee_) | 83 comments What 5 elements? The Pact was amazing, one of my all time favorite books. :)

message 16: by Amy (new)

Amy (mommy_of_angels) | 12 comments I just started The Pact today. I saw the Lifetime version of it years ago. They've actually turned a few of her books into movies.

message 17: by Betsy (last edited Mar 02, 2011 11:16AM) (new)

Betsy (mistymtladi) | 36 comments Hey Ashlee,
Sorry,my writing was unclear. The Pact is the 5th book Picoult wrote. The elements- which sounds more official than it actually is-are my observations and some others that Picolt uses plot twists and switches between characters or time settings.

message 18: by Ashlee (new)

Ashlee (ashlee_) | 83 comments Yea, that's what I figured. And I got the the "(5)" stood for her 5th book, I was just curious as to what elements you think her writing consists of?

message 19: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Carroll | 4 comments Amy wrote: "I just started The Pact today. I saw the Lifetime version of it years ago. They've actually turned a few of her books into movies."

I had no idea that some of the books have been lifetime movies, Ill have to check them out!

message 20: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Carroll | 4 comments Cece wrote: "I just finished ninteen minutes. next im trying to decide on salem falls or mercy"

I thought Salem Falls was a little slow but once I got into it, it was a really good read.

message 21: by Anna (new)

Anna | 81 comments Just finished Sing Me Home--I really enjoyed it. If you read it, just read it and not ponder the feasibility of the events. Having witnessed a Westboro Baptist protest for me it seemed very plausible.

message 22: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 8 comments I am reading House Rules and LOVE it! I LOVE Oliver!

message 23: by Dawn (last edited Mar 23, 2011 05:58PM) (new)

Dawn | 8 comments Cece wrote: "I just finished ninteen minutes. next im trying to decide on salem falls or mercy"

I loved all three :)

message 24: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 8 comments Dero wrote: "I think I have read all of JP's books and am waiting for Sing You Home to come. I liked Nineteen Minutes and Handle with Care the best. I started with Salem Falls and was hooked. After that I re..."

Dero wrote: "I think I have read all of JP's books and am waiting for Sing You Home to come. I liked Nineteen Minutes and Handle with Care the best. I started with Salem Falls and was hooked. After that I re.

I agree with you about Second Glance and Tenth Circle, not a fan of either! I have loved all the others I've read though.

message 25: by Heike (new)

Heike I also just downloaded Sing You Home and will start it tomorrow!

message 26: by Tracy (new)

Tracy I am about to start on Sing You Home.

message 27: by Anna (new)

Anna | 81 comments I just reread Vanishing Acts. I liked it better the second time so maybe I should give Tenth Circle a second chance.

message 28: by Heather (new)

Heather (MsDaisyMay) | 6 comments I just finished Nineteen Minutes and I'm either going to read Keeping Faith or re-read The Pact.

message 29: by Ashlee (new)

Ashlee (ashlee_) | 83 comments Daisy, if I were you, I'd go ahead and read "Keeping Faith", try something new. =D work on reading all her books before you re-read some of the old ones. That's just my opinion! theres some books I love and LOVE to re-read, but I always try to finish the rest by an author first. :] I guess I've always felt like I rather read all thats out there before I reflect and pick up an old favorite. But thats just me!

message 30: by Carole (new)

Carole I just finished Plain Truth and Salem Falls. Both great books! Since I also recently read House Rules, it's probably time for me to take a short Jodi Picoult break. I start to suspect everyone and need to keep my cynicism in check! ;-)

message 31: by Ashlee (new)

Ashlee (ashlee_) | 83 comments Carole, I also read both of those books and LOVED them! I actually wound up buying the Salem Falls book from the library, because some idiots I was working with didn't bring it inside when I had forgotten it on a backporch at work one day, so it had minor water damage and I had to pay. I wasn't too bummed about adding another Picoult book to my collection, but I definitely hated spending $20 for a book that wasn't even in perfect condition lol! I read Plain Truth in January and I loved it. <3

I'm just like you though, I have to break up what I read or it becomes a little boring. I can't read too much Picoult or too much Sparks in a short period of time because by then I recognize all the reading and plot patterns and I just need to switch it up a bit!

message 32: by Fariza (new)

Fariza | 8 comments Take a break of Picoult.. Same goes to me..

message 33: by Laima (new)

Laima Ashlee wrote: "Carole, I also read both of those books and LOVED them! I actually wound up buying the Salem Falls book from the library, because some idiots I was working with didn't bring it inside when I had fo..."

Hi Ashlee,

we have a second hand store here called Value Village. The book section is like a library, organized alpha by author. I found old copies of all of Jodi Picoult's novels - they are $3.99 each for the first 4 and the 5th free. I usually leave with about a stack of 15 books. You should try a second hand place - what a great way to built your own library!

message 34: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (britt0316) | 3 comments I just started reading House Rules after a break from Picoult books after reading Picture Perfect. Already enjoying this more than Picture Perfect

message 35: by Heather (new)

Heather (MsDaisyMay) | 6 comments Ashlee wrote: "Daisy, if I were you, I'd go ahead and read "Keeping Faith", try something new. =D work on reading all her books before you re-read some of the old ones. That's just my opinion! theres some books I..."

Thanks, I think I'm going to finish Keeping Faith before I re-read any of her others. Keeping Faith is the only one I haven't' read before.

message 36: by Mirranda (new)

Mirranda Faith (ipracticesafesticks) | 2 comments I am currently reading Nineteen Minutes and i LOVE it

message 37: by Ashlee (new)

Ashlee (ashlee_) | 83 comments Daisy- let me know how it is! I'm on a quest to read more books by her this year. :)

message 38: by Laura (new)

Laura C Diasy - I loved Keeping Faith...and the ending makes you sit and think for a while haha

Mirranda - Nineteen Minutes is definitely one of my all time favorites. I sat in my car until I finished it...it was worth it. :)

I'm currently reading Salem Falls...about 35 pages into it, and there's quite a few issues thrown in in a short amount of time...hopefully they'll keep me interested and not get me confused! :)

message 39: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) | 75 comments I am reading "Handle with Care" . The last book I read of Jodi's was "Change of Heart"

message 40: by Ashlee (new)

Ashlee (ashlee_) | 83 comments Laima wrote: "Ashlee wrote: "Carole, I also read both of those books and LOVED them! I actually wound up buying the Salem Falls book from the library, because some idiots I was working with didn't bring it insid..."

Sorry I never got back to you, Laima- but yea, I've actually become quite a pro at buying books second-hand. I've been going throgh thrift stores, the Goodwill, any little shop that sells books really. I managed to buy almost all of Nicholas Sparks books for under $15. At first I found a bookstore that was going out of Sale, so I got 3 paperback books (My Sisters Keeper, Dear John, The Notebook) for $1.50! then on Facebook I joined a re-sale group, and from there I managed to buy 3-4 Nicholas Sparks books for only $0.50- $0.75 a piece. So yea, I've been really good at buying books CHEAP nowadays. I much rather spend $5 on a paperback book at Walmart (or cheaper if I can) than a Hardcover anywhere from $12-$20! I do have to admit though, I rather have the original cover of a book than a movie cover. Unfortunately a lot of my books aren't the original cover, I plan on switching them over sometime in the future though.

message 41: by Anna (new)

Anna | 81 comments Since I have read all her novels I need to read Over the Moon--anyone read it?

message 42: by Amy (new)

Amy (mommy_of_angels) | 12 comments I just started House Rules

message 43: by Laura (new)

Laura C Amy - I really enjoyed House Rules...tell me how you like it once you finish!

message 44: by Janet (new)

Janet (jmccrory03) | 2 comments Amy wrote: "I haven't read all of them yet. My favorite so far is my Sisters Keeper. My least favorite is a tie between The Tenth Circle & Change Of Heart"

I agree!

message 45: by Janet (new)

Janet (jmccrory03) | 2 comments "Room" and I can hardly put it down to type this post!!!

message 46: by Megan (new)

Megan Taylor (megsyt) | 2 comments Currently reading Harvesting the Heart, not the best Jodie book I have read so far but I am totally intrigued by the Paige.

message 47: by Tracy (new)

Tracy I have recently finished The Pact and it was emotional and it definitely pulls on the heartstrings!

message 48: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (cellardoor3824) | 2 comments Ashley (angelashly) wrote: "I just finished Plain Truth and love it. I am also waiting for her new one so I am trying to to decide between Mercy and Second Glance"

Plain Truth is my absolute favorite. It was the first Jodi book I read after "My Sister's Keeper."

message 49: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1 comments I am currently reading The Pact and love it so far. Have also read My Sister's Keeper, Handle With Care, Nineteen Minutes, and House Rules.

message 50: by Betsy (new)

Betsy (mistymtladi) | 36 comments I finished the latest - Sing You Home - and thought it was enjoyable and thought-provoking.Although I have a few Gay friends, I never thought of how complicated it would be to have a relationship that couldn't necessarily be made public.
I have a few more of Jodi's books to read yet.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8