Romance Audiobooks discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Favorite Authors in Audio > Missing Favorite Authors in Unabr Audio

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Vic (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments Which authors do you wish would be released in audio?

For me, some of my favorite older books by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss and Judith McNaught (UNABR) are a glaring omission in my audio collection. Of course, I'd like to have a say in who got to READ them (
Davina Porter for the historicals PLEASE)!

I'm dying for Nalini Singh's Pys/Changling series. I know that at least Slave to Sensation has been released in GERMAN audio.

What would you kill to have in an unabridged audio read by a great reader?

message 2: by MaryK (new)

MaryK | 168 comments I saw Tantor Audio on twitter so I tweeted them about wanting the Psy/Changeling series. :)

Back when I was new to Romance audio, I vainly searched for Anne Stuart audios. Why the heck would I want to listen to a 90 minute audiobook? Well, maybe that's an exaggeration but they were definitely abridged! It's been a while so I don't remember the historicals too well, but Cinderman may've been my first successful exposure to PRN.

I'd like to listen to Joan Wolf, too. And Loretta Chase and Laura Kinsale if it's not too much trouble.

[This add book/author thingy is kinda fun.]

message 3: by Krissie (new)

Krissie | 224 comments Ditto on Loretta Chase and Laura Kinsale. And ohmygod Mary Stewart! She must have been in audio in the past. If only someone could unearth them.

message 4: by Vic (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments Which Mary Stewart are you looking for? I know that her Arthurian series is out there unabridged but I'd need to do some research. I remember listening to the series but can remember if I'd rented it from BooksOnTape.com RecordedBooks.com or the library. It's been at least 10 years since I've listened to it. Unless we're talking different MS. :)

message 5: by MaryK (new)

MaryK | 168 comments Oh, all her titles are out there all right.

There are actually a couple of titles (2) for sale at Recorded Books! We should bombard them with emails about putting them on Audible.

Amazon has a few copies and I saw one on ebay for $250. o_0 >:(

message 6: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 152 comments Circus of the Damned by Laurell K. Hamilton only has an abridged version. Somewhere on Goodreads someone mentioned there was a licensing problem. So I have all the unabridged books except that one and I don't want to start the series until I have it.

message 7: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 152 comments Vic wrote: "Which authors do you wish would be released in audio?

For me, some of my favorite older books by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss and Judith McNaught (UNABR) are a glaring omis..."

I bought an unabridged Woodiwiss at a library sale and the narrator was awful! I turned around and sold it on Ebay. The problem you might have with the older unabridged is they come in cassette versions only, which I actually prefer because I don't have to keep a memo of where I left off on a CD.

message 8: by Vic (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments Carolyn F. wrote: "Circus of the Damned by Laurell K. Hamilton only has an abridged version. Somewhere on Goodreads someone mentioned there was a licensing problem. So I have all the unab..."

Actually I think the abridged one is Narcissus in Chains. Circus of the Damned is out unabr and available on audible.

Yeah, I was excited for some of the Garwoods to come out in audio but wish they'd had a different reader. *sigh*

message 9: by ~KarenH~ (new)

~KarenH~ | 36 comments The Psy/Changeling series is at the top of my audio wishlist. Lara Adrian's Midnight Breeds series was next, but since it is now available, a few others that I would like to see (hear) are Lisa Marie Rice, Alexis Morgan, and Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark series.

message 10: by MaryK (new)

MaryK | 168 comments Robin McKinley! Although, if somebody butchered the narration of Beauty: A Retelling of the Story of Beauty and the Beast it would be a tragedy.

message 11: by Barbie (new)

Barbie | 24 comments Kathleen E. Woodiwiss and Judith McNaught (UNABR)"

I agree with you there are a lot of KEW ans JM missing in Uabr form. If you can find them they are in ABR and on tape . I m sorry but I m a child of the digital age . I use Comp for everything and I had to live 4 weeks with out my ipod( that was a slow torment/ fustration for me. ) I m looking forward to seeing a lot more Diana Palmer ( i love her I think she's a good writer) I ready know that some not all of Sandra Brown old romance's are going to be digital. I would also like to see Jayne Ann old Romances on digital copy as well UABR.

I feel frustrated with audiable. I think that they should make a poll of what Romance authors should be digital restored. I mean I would love to listen to Paradise (JM) UAB.

List of Authors I would like to see in digital UABR :
Debra Webb's Colby series and suspence
Lynne Graham
B.J Daniels
Barbara Boswell
Diana Blayne
Jennie Lucas
Anne Stuart suspence Romances
HQ Super Romances
That what i think .. sorry but if they would take the time and listen to customer they would be better off instead of releasing authors that have just starting writing us women would be more than like pay to listen to KEW and Jm books.

message 12: by Lea's Audiobooks (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) I have longed to see Anne Stuart’s older releases in unabridged format. And Penelope Williamson – she’s one of my very favorite authors and her meaty books would do very well in audio format. Others: Adele Ashworth (especially Winter Garden), Loretta Chase (Lord of Scoundrels leading that pack), Pamela Clare (especially her American historical), and Judith McNaught - both contemps and historicals.

message 13: by MaryK (new)

MaryK | 168 comments Barbie wrote: "I feel frustrated with audiable. I think that they should make a poll of what Romance authors should be digital restored.

I don't think it's Audible who's being slow on the digital releases. Audible gets its audios from the recording companies who own the rights, at least for the older titles. I emailed Recorded Books and the successor to Chivers Audio about the Mary Stewart recordings. RB said they had no plans to re-release them but would pass my suggestion on to the digital department. The Chivers people haven't replied.

message 14: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (magzzzz) | 25 comments I wish they finished releasing all of Garwood's historicals on audio. I wish the Linda Howard Chivers unabridged versions were easily available. I would love to listen to Too Much Temptation by Lori Foster. That's my favorite of her books and about the only one I'll reread. I thought for Harlequin was going to release all of Linda Howard's old books unabridged but then they stopped. :( I'd like to have all of her books on audio.

message 15: by Vic (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments Since we were successful getting Nalini's series coming out in audio, I tweeted yesterday to TantorAudio with hint that they should pick up Pamela Clare's I-Team series on audio ( @Pamela_Clare twitter). I hope someone picks up this series. After listening to latest Troubleshooter book, I was thinking the I-Team series would be great! (Exciting Romance Suspense)

message 16: by Melinda (last edited Mar 29, 2011 06:36PM) (new)

Melinda (melindaparmer) | 123 comments Maggie wrote: "I wish they finished releasing all of Garwood's historicals on audio. "

With better narrators... Not Flosnik and Landor, please! (sorry Ms Flosnik and Ms Landor, but your historical romance narration gives me the chills and not in a good way!)

ETA - Davina Porter read the Abridged version of Shadow Music - how about more of her??

message 17: by Naima (new)

Naima (nearhere) | 15 comments Yes Pamela Clare's I-Team series would be great! I'd also love to listen to Loretta Chase and Connie Brockway.

message 18: by Vic (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments Melinda wrote: "Maggie wrote: "...ETA - Davina Porter read the Abridged version of Shadow Music - how about more of her??"

Amen to that!

message 19: by paula (new)

paula (paula_) | 212 comments Robin Schone, Gaelen Foley, Judith McNaught, Kathleen Woodiwiss Pamela Clare & Kresley Cole.

message 20: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline (jacquelineo) | 6 comments Right now it is just Shelly Laurenston.

message 21: by Vic (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments Paula wrote: "...Pamela Clare..."

Just finished Breaking Point and LOVED it! Feel free to tweet @TantorAudio about grabbing up I-Team series on audio! Kaetrin & I have both done so and Pam tweeted she'd love to get them in audio as well.

message 22: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Audiobooks Only | 631 comments With the right narrator for Shelly Laurenston's books they'd have to make it against the law to drive and listen at the same time. All the laughing would surely cause an accident! :D

message 23: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 48 comments I would LOVE to hear "Windflower" in audio!!!

message 24: by paula (new)

paula (paula_) | 212 comments Kathy wrote: "I would LOVE to hear "Windflower" in audio!!!"

Oh Kathy - so would I!! After hundreads of historical romances, this is still my all-time favorite!

message 25: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 48 comments Paula it's mine too. Can you imagne with the right narrator? I'll never get over Cat and Morgan not having their own stories.):

message 26: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline (jacquelineo) | 6 comments Brenda wrote: "With the right narrator for Shelly Laurenston's books they'd have to make it against the law to drive and listen at the same time. All the laughing would surely cause an accident! :D"

I know!! But, can you imagine how much fun it would be to listen to that series.

message 27: by paula (new)

paula (paula_) | 212 comments Kathy wrote: "Paula it's mine too. Can you imagne with the right narrator? I'll never get over Cat and Morgan not having their own stories.):"

Kathy - Yes, I would definitely be in heaven if they released this with a great narrorator. I also would have loved to have seen stories for some of the others. There really were some wonderful supporting characters.

message 28: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Audiobooks Only | 631 comments I know!! But, can you imagine how much fun it would be to listen to that series.

Yes, it would be a blast, especially the latest Big Bad Beast with cameo's or more from every character/couple that I can remember from the Pride series. Fun stuff.

message 29: by MaryK (new)

MaryK | 168 comments I came across an unabridged Mary Stewart on ebay if anyone's interested. Touch Not the Cat, unabridged, read by Davina Porter.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...

message 30: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia (scent45) | 88 comments Kresley Cole, What a joy it would be to listen to... A Hunger Like No Other on audio, and all of her other books.

message 31: by paula (new)

paula (paula_) | 212 comments Would also love to have The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie.

message 32: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 48 comments Paula wrote: "Would also love to have The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie."

I second that Paula!

message 33: by Lisa (last edited Aug 25, 2011 05:38PM) (new)

Lisa | 34 comments I would have to agree with Kresley Cole and Judith McNaught along with all Rachel Gibsonbooks and I would have to say The Sweet Gum Tree by Katherine Allred

message 34: by Brenda (last edited Aug 25, 2011 09:15PM) (new)

Brenda Audiobooks Only | 631 comments Kresley Cole's - A Hunger Like No Other is coming out in audio in October from Simon and Schuster, the same publisher that did A Warlord Wants Forever, which was pretty darn good in audio.

message 35: by Susinok (new)

Susinok I definitely want Loretta Chase on audio. All of her books! :) But especially Lord of Scoundrels.

Allyson James Stormwalker books
Jennifer Ashley's Pride books and MaKenzie series

Mary Jo Putney's historicals.

message 36: by Brittany B. (new)

Brittany B. (benoibe) | 310 comments The ommission of Laura Kinsale, Judith McNaught and Kresley Cole is a crime! It drives me crazy. Ok. I know Audible released a Hunger Like No Other, and then Lothaire. I didn't realize there were a half dozen or more in between! I also dream of Julie Garwood's complete historical collection. At least The Secret, Ransom... I have too many to list here.
I know some books are in audio cassettes. But these rare books are being sold for absurd prices.
Finally, I'd do anything for the Elizabeth Hoyt's Prince series.
Impatient!

message 37: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 48 comments Does anyone know if they're going to do an audio version of "Black Hawk"?

message 38: by Lea's Audiobooks (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) Kathy wrote: "Does anyone know if they're going to do an audio version of "Black Hawk"?"

From what I have understood when talking with Penguin in the past, The Spymaster's Lady was chosen by the Assistant Publishing Manager I was speaking with along with Julie James' Practice Makes Perfect as sort of a push into more romance. There were no plans that they revealed as of last summer to continue with either another James or Bourne. But we can always hope and they did take notice of the awards those two books received in our 2011 Favorite Romance Audio Poll.

message 39: by Brittany B. (last edited Apr 07, 2012 12:01PM) (new)

Brittany B. (benoibe) | 310 comments With so many new "HTF"s becoming available, I'm still eager for Laura Kinsale's Flowers from the Storm, anything from Judith Mcnaught: A Kingdom of Dreams Whitney, My Love, and Loretta Chase's Lord of Scoundrels.

Publishers and producers... Please listen.

message 40: by Vic (last edited May 02, 2012 08:28PM) (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments Just read the new Lauren Dane's Captivated and man ... I would love to have this series and her Brown Sibling series in unabr audio. These are her erotic romance series, the first a sci-fi one that is reminiscent of Joss Whedon's Firefly world (but with steamy sex) and the other is contemporary romance. I think both are Berkley Heat and with the right narrator would really sell. Would LOVE to hear Claudia Black on the Federation Chronicles/Phantom Corps series. Not sure who I think would rock Brown Siblings - maybe Xe Sands?

... just a little wishful thinking

message 41: by Barbie (new)

Barbie | 24 comments well i hoping to hear that Paradise and Perfect from Judith Mcnaught are in production....some Penny Jordan classics ,Marie Force her romances ( not more fatal series)

I m going to be honest and say i just want my T-R-L ( to be read list) to be in audiobooks all in UNA.

message 42: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 106 comments I passed these along. No promises on any but they will be looked into.

Cassie

message 43: by Slavena (new)

Slavena (miolla) | 40 comments I have to repeat, Judith McNaught I can not believe they dont have audio for her books, and I second Davina Porter for the narration.

message 44: by Lea's Audiobooks (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) Laura Kinsale will be coming to audio! She actually posted the news at AudioGals & wants to hear from audiobookphiles.

Yes, Kinsale in audio!! I'm super excited! http://bit.ly/PeHMII

message 45: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments I think I just remembered what my first audiobook was - I think it was a Jude Deveraux - with soul mates and time travel - and partially medival - now if I could just remember the dang title!

message 46: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Audiobooks Only | 631 comments Marianne wrote:

During visits to my aunt's home when I was yo..."

@ Marianne - Was there a chance that your Aunt had access to the NLS library books?

Many of our favorites like Judith McNaught or Loretta Chase have been produced as unabridged audiobooks on tape by the National Library Service for the blind and handicapped.

message 47: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Audiobooks Only | 631 comments Dee wrote: "I think I just remembered what my first audiobook was - I think it was a Jude Deveraux - with soul mates and time travel - and partially medival - now if I could just remember the dang title!"

@Dee - Sounds like you listened to the abridged version of A Knight in Shining Armor. I say abridged because AKISA just became available as an unabridged audiobook earlier this month. The male narrator was getting great reviews last I looked at Audible. ;)

message 48: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments no, it wasn't that...I know it was a JD though - maybe one of her montgomery books

message 49: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments ah ha!! It was Remembrance

message 50: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) I love Jenn Bennett's Roaring Twenties series, which is also out on audio, and asked her on Facebook if there are any plans for audio versions of her Arcadia Bell series. Here's her reply:

"No, I don't think Arcadia's publisher has plans to release the series on audio, unfortunately. The 20s books are published by a different publisher (Penguin-Random House), so different people in charge. Though I'm looking forward to hearing Winter and Aida (and giggling through all the dirty parts, LOL), it also would've been fun to hear Cady's voice. But authors have no control over these things, sadly. We just make the words."

It's a pity because the Arcadia Bell is 1st person POV, which means I won't get to read them if they aren't on audio :0(

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.