Terminalcoffee discussion

General Fuckery > If TC were a competitive reality show...~<<drinking game digression>>~

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments If TC were a competitive reality show, and only one of us, at the end, could be declared a winner of a contest...

1. What would be the contest?
2. What would be your strategy?
3. What should be the prize?
4. Who do you think would win?

message 2: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments 3. the prize depends on whether or not i'm the winner.

1. there should be at least one drag episode.

message 3: by Jonathan (last edited Feb 08, 2011 04:34PM) (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments 1. What would be the contest?

Each of us would have to guest teach a class in RA's freshman English Lit course without being told the day's subject beforehand.

Relate any and all works of literature back to Lewis Carroll, who makes no sense anyway.

A wheel of Wisconsin cheddar.

4. Who would win?

Lobstergirl, who will wear a mask at all times and then disappear in a puff of smoke, taking her cheese with her.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24099 comments Mod
1. A combination obstacle course, literary trivia quiz, painting and sculpture identification, and crafts competition. The obstacle course would include changing Leah's full diaper while riding sidesaddle. The literary quiz would include questions on steampunk, Foucault, and the Bible (LDS edition). The painting identification would include

and

The crafts competition would include making a perfect dovetail, knitting a penis pillow, and sewing or weaving a kilt for Kevin.

2. My strategy would be to feed delicious Listeria-infested artisanal cheeses to all the other participants at a wine and cheese party the night before.

3. First Prize would be a date with Timothy Geithner. Second Prize would be a free colonoscopy, or breast reduction. Third Prize, this very lifelike, but not alive, doll.

Honorable Mention, a beautiful trophy with your name, but misspelled.

4. I can't see into the future!

message 5: by Brittomart (last edited Feb 08, 2011 06:11PM) (new)

Brittomart Clark and I would win. No questions asked. TC Dream Team, baby. all of that arguing is only a part of the strategy.

message 6: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "The painting identification would include ..."

But the Dubuffet isn't a painting at all (and the Thomas Hart Benton is a bit obvious).

message 7: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Painting and sculpture.

message 8: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Well, we'll see how obvious the penis pillow is then. Get out your needles.

message 9: by Jonathan (last edited Feb 08, 2011 06:25PM) (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments The perfect dovetail is best made with a router and jig. As for the pillow, I think Britt's suggestion of two-person teams is a good idea, and for anything involving knitting obviously I'd pick Gretchen. Then again, considering the array of promised trophies, winning might not be such a good idea...

message 10: by Sally, la reina (last edited Feb 08, 2011 06:30PM) (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17320 comments Mod
Heh, Leah's diaper.

Good luck, sucakas.

message 11: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

I don't know where this idea of teams is coming from. This is an individual competition, as RA says uptop. Practice your penis stitch, everybody!

message 12: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Jonathan wrote: "The perfect dovetail is best made with a router and jig."

Jiggity jig jig.

message 13: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments Larry wrote: "Jiggity jig jig."

message 14: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) That dovetails with my idea of a jig.

message 15: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments Hah!

message 16: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Jackie and TawNub would be neck n neck to win - they seem to win most debates in these parts. That's my prediction. Ladies, you best pull out the clothespins to protect your noses. Sally has plans for you.

message 17: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i want sarah pi as my partner

message 18: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Kevin "El Liso Grande" wrote: "i want sarah pi as my partner"
You're on. I hope you're good with the carpentry side of things. I'll rock the trivia!

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments 1. What would be the contest?
Dance Off Pants Off!!!

Strategic Skirt Wearing and spastic 80's style dancing. My opponent would be rendered helpless with laughter.

Getting to know Lobstergirl's true identity

4. Who do you think would win?
If I can partner with Kevin in his fruit hat, I've got it in the bag... :)

message 20: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments i'll out-spaz you!

message 21: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Can I just bully my way into a win?

message 22: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments i suggest you bribe us to give you the win using bear hugs.

message 23: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I shall glomp the whole lot of you!

message 24: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Some portion should be scrabble related. Jim will win, but I have a fair shot with SP and Kevin, we're pretty evenly matched. Otherwise, I'm just a butt in a chair...

PS, I much prefer Barb's prize ideas.

message 25: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments Fair shot? You OWN me in scrabble

message 26: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Just the last two games...before that you trounced me a few times in a row as I recall. SP wins more than I do, but at least I have a shot. Jim, that's another story all together. I NEVER win with Jim. :(

message 27: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart I want to play scrabble with TCers!!!!!!!!!

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I haven't been able to get into Scrabble for a week or more now!

message 29: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart Where do y'all play?

message 30: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments Words With Friends

message 31: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart Y'all can play on pogo.com, y'all know that, right?

message 32: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Bring it on, Britt! I'm on Words With Friends for iphone, or Facebook. Take your pick! :) I love games...all games.

message 33: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) I like WWF or FB, because I can play my go from my phone. I don't often go online at home.

message 34: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11617 comments The TC game show should include a bicycle riding challenge and a ping-pong tournament.

message 35: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments and some sort of dewey decimal based task

message 36: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Phil wrote: "The TC game show should include a bicycle riding challenge and a ping-pong tournament."

Ping-pong sounds like fun, but I fall off of bicycles. It's funny, but not at the same time. I tend to fall off of horses as well. I think I might have a balance problem.

message 37: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments Amelia wrote: "Phil wrote: "The TC game show should include a bicycle riding challenge and a ping-pong tournament."

Ping-pong sounds like fun, but I fall off of bicycles. It's funny, but not at the same time...."

we should team up. i suck at ping pong, but i'm good with bicycles and have never fallen off a horse.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I'm quite good at quarters.

message 39: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) I used to be really good, back in the day. I haven't bounced a quarter in YEARS!

Did you play with the "Drink, Drank, Drunk" rule?

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Can't say I've heard of that rule. Please explain.

message 41: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Well, you continue on with quarters as normal, but anyone who says the words "Drink, Drank or Drunk" has to drink. This becomes increasingly difficult the more you drink as whenever you land a quarter your first instinct is to point at someone and shout "DRINK!" triumphantly... Just one of those fun twists that get you tanked faster. :) Ah, the old days.

message 42: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Amelia wrote: "Just the last two games...before that you trounced me a few times in a row as I recall. SP wins more than I do, but at least I have a shot. Jim, that's another story all together. I NEVER win wi..."

You will Amy, I have just been on a lucky stretch.

message 43: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) He always gives me hope...