Terminalcoffee discussion

Random Queries > What do you listen to during the day?

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17322 comments Mod
Usually I have on public radio. It is the jazz station today, out of Denver. Usually just the local affiliate, which plays ok music from 9-3. Lately I've had on my iPod on shuffle, and rarely but sometimes just plain nothing all day long.

You?

message 2: by Sarah (last edited Feb 08, 2011 12:20PM) (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Nothing, a lot of the time. Music takes up too much of my brain. Classical if I need to concentrate. NPR or WTMD in the car for short runs. CDs (and shebangs!) for longer drives. Shuffle when I'm in the bath. Select playlists for select occasions (good day, bad day), specific songs I want to hear when I'm playing around on the computer. Specific albums when I'm baking or cooking.
When I'm running, I like to listen to podcasts or watch Law & Order if I'm at the gym. Working out I shuffle but skip some songs.

message 3: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11629 comments Mostly, as you put it, "just plain nothing."

message 4: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart Podcasts

message 5: by Sally, la reina (new)

I like it that Phil quoted me, Barb said "on a tear" and that Sarah 4.1487 said "nothing" and then listed eight specific scenarios and their particular musical track.

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Sally wrote: "I like it that Phil quoted me, Barb said "on a tear" and that Sarah 4.1487 said "nothing" and then listed eight specific scenarios and their particular musical track."

:)

message 7: by Sally, la reina (new)

I'm listening to really frantic and upbeat electric pipe piano jazz. What the HELL is that instrument called?

My great Aunt Adele used to have one at home - she played in church.

message 8: by Sally, la reina (new)

oooooooooooooooooorgan.

message 9: by janine (last edited Feb 08, 2011 01:49PM) (new)

janine | 7715 comments i almost always listen to music. cd's when my laptop isn't on, and itunes or cd's when my laptop ís on. i can listen to just one album for days, and my breakfast cd has been the same for more than a week now (giant sand - *provisions*). sometimes i'll just listen to one artist in itunes. when i'm outside i'll take my mp3 with me. sometimes it's on shuffle, but now i'm listening to just one artist (tricky). i don't listen to radio, the commercials annoy me, and they don't play just music i like. when i'm in a car with others i'll listen to the radio, inless someone brought a cd or an ipod with good music.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Internet radio/pandora/lastfm type stuff. I like being able to just go right to what I want and skip the stuff I don't want. Sometimes if I want to hear a specific song "right this second" I'll pull up youtube just to hear the song while I'm surfing, not to watch the actual video.

Rarely download anything anymore.

message 11: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24154 comments Mod
Nothing.

message 12: by Ken (new)

Ken (playjerist) | 721 comments I listen to a man with a heavy German accent warning me that the CIA is observing me at all times. He’s particularly helpful when it comes to my propensity for divulging secret information to friendly but talkative dogs, who often with the bribing of a few bacon bits will blab everything to men in long, gray trenchcoats.

message 13: by Sally, la reina (new)

**runs away**

message 14: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments This is a good question. Allow me to bullet point it:

* In the car on the way to work I'm about a third NPR, a third music, and a third silence.

* At work in the morning I usually listen to music. I rarely listen to talk radio while I'm working in my office...it's too distracting.

* On the way home I'm probably 75% music and 25% NPR.

* If I'm working at home I tend to listen to ambient or classical.

message 15: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments i won't allow it. those are neither bullets not points.

it's 1 AM and i'm in a weird mood.

message 16: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart I love Janine. Expect a very big, very black, very southern girl outside of your doorstep sometime in the next couple of weeks.

message 17: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Wow. Janine and Britt living together. I'm smellin' a reality show pilot...

message 18: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24154 comments Mod
Truman Capote and Adlai Stevenson used to live together, according to Capote. Talk about an odd couple.

message 19: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments iBritt wrote: "I love Janine. Expect a very big, very black, very southern girl outside of your doorstep sometime in the next couple of weeks."

how big? 'cause i don't have a lot of space. i do have an air mattress.

message 20: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart 300 pounds worth of big.

message 21: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments i think i can fit you in somewhere.