What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED! Chicken soup for the soul [s]

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Resident Optimist (last edited Feb 08, 2011 10:18AM) (new)

Resident Optimist (residentoptimist) | 22 comments I read a book a couple of years ago, about 2003. So it was definitely originally published before that. It's a chicken soup for the soul book, I just can't find which one it is. It includes a collection of mini stories One of the stories in there was about a girl who wrote a poem/ story about boots or something of the like and it was really good, except that when she got into school her teacher sent her outside because she thought she'd copied it from somewhere even though she hadn't. Each story is about 2 or 3 pages long and I remember there was a purple ribbon like streak across the front.

I know this is vague, but I am grateful for any help

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 33 comments There are a lot of Chicken Soup for the Soul books, particularly for teenagers. I'd suggest doing a Goodreads search by typing in "chicken soup". You'd be able to see each book, click on it, and then see the different covers it has on the upper right-hand side of the page. You might recognize one of the covers that way. I hope this helps!

message 3: by Lisa (last edited Feb 08, 2011 12:31PM) (new)

Resident Optimist (residentoptimist) | 22 comments If I had to sift my way through 492 of them I'd have to give up the search o.e

Only want it because it's a part of my childhood, so I thought I'd look it up :]

I'll keep looking lol

message 5: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (smackley) | 75 comments this teenage chicken soup for the soul has a purple strip on it:
Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul The Real Deal Friends Best, Worst, Old, New, Lost, False, True and More (Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul the Real Deal) by Jack Canfield

Resident Optimist (residentoptimist) | 22 comments http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/98...

Oh my. I do believe this is it?

message 7: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1396 comments Boo, Cool! Can't believe you found it in the sea of chicken soup books!

Are you sure enough that we should mark it as solved and shelve it?

Resident Optimist (residentoptimist) | 22 comments Hmm, well I'm about 70% sure. Popping down to the library sometime this week just to make sure. And then this little beauty is Solved. Can't believe it took me just today! (assuming it's the right book) Thank you all for all your help!

message 9: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1396 comments Thanks, Boo. Please return and let us know. I hope that it's the book!

Resident Optimist (residentoptimist) | 22 comments So, I checked this out the other day and would you believe my luck, this IS the book! Brings back a whole load of memories, thank you guys!

I didn't even want to read it again, it was just something I had to do. Thanks again all!