What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED!: i forgot a book i read in school a couple years back and LOVED [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ariel (new)

Ariel (arikinz) | 2 comments this book is about a society where people are assigned spouses and children by the government. I forget why but the children have to take these pills. also there is a ceremony where little kids get bikes when they become a certain age. When the teens reach a certain age they are assigned jobs. One type of job is birth mother. The children come from birth mothers and are then taken away to different parents. only the birth mothers get pregnant. im pretty sure the book refers to it as a utopia. i know it's not much! sorry and thanx for the help!

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments This is definitely The Giver by Lois Lowry.

message 3: by Ariel (new)

Ariel (arikinz) | 2 comments Oh My Gosh!!! thanx that sounds so familiar. your a life saver!

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments It's a great book. I think it HAS to be the one you're thinking of. You gave very helpful portions for solving this one.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Giver (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Lois Lowry (other topics)