1st Edition Advanced Dungeons and Dragons Players Group discussion

13 views
Angus's Campaigns > The Banked Swamp RP

Comments Showing 1-50 of 290 (290 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig), death to all PC's >:D (last edited Feb 07, 2011 02:18PM) (new)

Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig) Richardson (tap3w3rm) | 190 comments Mod
The old sage you met the first night in town could have been a bard, the way he spun the story of the Corindal. He was eager to show you the old map with the route to the place where "Great Treasures" if a long gone civilization would be awaiting. He said they would be easy pickings for such a stout group of adventurers. In the small hours before sleep takes you, and again in the dusk of the morning your mind wanders back to the lands now called The Banked Swamp. Your nights are disturbed by dreams of treasure and adventure. You find yourselves all taking a short trip, just to investigate, just to see if it exists. Your journey begins...

This is going to be an adventure based off of the Dragonsfoot adventure "The Banked Swamp.



message 2: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) ((Can we start off in town or something?))


message 3: by Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig), death to all PC's >:D (new)

Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig) Richardson (tap3w3rm) | 190 comments Mod
wait hang on before we start


message 4: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) ((mkay))


message 5: by Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig), death to all PC's >:D (new)

Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig) Richardson (tap3w3rm) | 190 comments Mod
((You dont need to start in a town you can buy any supplies you need from the book))


message 6: by Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig), death to all PC's >:D (new)

Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig) Richardson (tap3w3rm) | 190 comments Mod
Ok guys you're going to have to do your own individual mapping for this one.

Use this! http://www.dragonsfoot.org/files/pdf/...

just fill in the hexes with microsoft paint or print it out or whatever.


message 7: by Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig), death to all PC's >:D (last edited Feb 18, 2011 03:20PM) (new)

Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig) Richardson (tap3w3rm) | 190 comments Mod
After poking around the town and asking some questions here is all the information that you have gathered about the swamp. Or rather rumours that you have heard....

1 Piles of treasures are found under the plants in
that swamp.

2 Crocodiles sit on hoards like Dragons.

3 Structures of the Old Ones still rise from the
waters.

4 There is good fishing to be had in the swamp.

5 The waters of the area are kept pure by strong
magic.

6 Something weird lies under the palace.

7 It wasn’t always a swamp.

8 A smart man stays away from the swamp.

9 The lord of this region will reward anyone
who clears the swamp.

10 The denizens of the swamp fear good strong
light.

11 The waters are never more than hip deep.

12 If you camp on dry land the animals will leave
you alone.

13 My (cousin/friend/brother) took a shot at one
of the animals, but the arrow just bounced off.

14 A small village has cropped up in the swamp;
it is a good place to rest.

15 The mists disappear during the noon hour.

16 If you go round the waters to the right side of
from the road you will not have to wade.

17 A strange statue in the heart of the swamp
grants wishes.

18 I hear the baron offers a reward for artifacts
from the swamp.

19 Take plenty of water, as the water in the
swamp is poisonous.

20 A Giant lurks in the swamp and swallows the
unwary.



message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

OOC: That's a lot of rumors!

Harny suggests asking if there are indeed bounties to be had. "I'd rather not muck around in some bog until I have an idea of what I'm looking for and a tangible reward for my effort. Besides the bounties, let's see if we can find an expert on the area so we have an idea of what we're slogging into."


message 9: by Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig), death to all PC's >:D (new)

Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig) Richardson (tap3w3rm) | 190 comments Mod
((Yes they are! Also you can use OOC to ask questions directly to me))


message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

OOC then:

What bounties might be had and what is needed for proof?

Are there truly any ruins or structures in the swamp?

Is there a village and is it friendly?

What are the best tactics for travel and defense?


message 11: by Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig), death to all PC's >:D (new)

Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig) Richardson (tap3w3rm) | 190 comments Mod
1: If you clear the swamp the Mayor will reward you with 500 gold peices. Proof for clearing the swamp is the head of the Giant that lurks in the swamp.

2. There is rumors of structures. Those that you have talked to have stated that the ruins of buildings are there, albiet hard to find.

3. No one you have talked to has actually been to the village. Thier brothe/cousin/friend knew someone who heard that there was a village and that it is friendly.

4. Keep watches, and stay on the high ground. Also everything is not as it seems in the swamp.


message 12: by Davtime (new)

Davtime | 72 comments OOC: Are you doing all of the dice rolling?


message 13: by Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig), death to all PC's >:D (new)

Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig) Richardson (tap3w3rm) | 190 comments Mod
((Nah I'll tell you when you can roll your stuff. Initiantive, to hit rolls, thief abilities and such you guys can roll. I'll just tell you when.))


message 14: by Davtime (new)

Davtime | 72 comments ((ok sounds good))


message 15: by Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig), death to all PC's >:D (new)

Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig) Richardson (tap3w3rm) | 190 comments Mod
((BEGIN!! DEATH TO PC'S!!! BWAHHAHAHA))


message 16: by Davtime (new)

Davtime | 72 comments (( ok i am new to this whole thing so what do i do?))


message 17: by Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig), death to all PC's >:D (new)

Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig) Richardson (tap3w3rm) | 190 comments Mod
((Well you can confer with your party members and see what is the logical course of action. Ask around town more? Harney seems to want to find a guide of sorts. Or just trek off haphazardly into the swamp!

btw you all have directions to the swamp.))


message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

"Well, my friends, I'll have to tell you, I'm not a great toe-to-toe fighter, but I'm quite good with my bow and throwing weapons, so I'll let someone else take point. In fact, I might just stay off from all of you as much as I can. Who knows, me lurking around the group might save your bacon."


message 19: by Davtime (new)

Davtime | 72 comments ((ok thanks))
"I agree harney, Lets try asking around a little more. it can't hurt us to know as much as possible about this place so we don't get ourselves killed. there has got to be someone around here who goes out in that swamp. is there a tavern around here? that's where i would look first."


message 20: by Davtime (last edited Feb 18, 2011 04:23PM) (new)

Davtime | 72 comments "don't worry i can take point.toe-to-toe is my specialty; if you see any thing that looks tough just let me handle it! so are we heading off then?"


message 21: by Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig), death to all PC's >:D (last edited Feb 18, 2011 04:30PM) (new)

Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig) Richardson (tap3w3rm) | 190 comments Mod
Volmer asked in his gruff voice "So you lot wanna look fer a guide?"

"I fink dere's a tavern over dere. Wanna check it out?"


message 22: by Davtime (new)

Davtime | 72 comments Dav States Bluntly: "yeah lets go see what we can find, you comin harney?"


message 23: by Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig), death to all PC's >:D (new)

Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig) Richardson (tap3w3rm) | 190 comments Mod
Volmer grunted "I'm comming."


message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Harny looks around warily and nods.


message 25: by Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig), death to all PC's >:D (new)

Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig) Richardson (tap3w3rm) | 190 comments Mod
As you walk into the bar you see a dwarf standing behind the bar wiping off some glasses. Three men are sitting at the bar. One is young, probably around 18. The other two are much older and gruffer looking with greying hair and dirty fingernails.

They sit nursing thier ale silently.


message 26: by Davtime (new)

Davtime | 72 comments Dav studies the individuals and approaches the two older men. "hello my friends, mind if i sit here? he says as he sits and orders an ale from the bartender.


message 27: by Davtime (new)

Davtime | 72 comments ((what genders are we all?))


message 28: by Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig), death to all PC's >:D (new)

Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig) Richardson (tap3w3rm) | 190 comments Mod
((Whatever you want.))

The dwarf gives him a look and slide Dav an ale. "One silver Please."

The men look at him and nod without saying anything.


message 29: by Davtime (new)

Davtime | 72 comments Dav Flips a silver to the dwarf "any of you venture into the swamp recently?"


message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

OOC: Time for me to get off this monster. See y'all tomorrow.


message 31: by Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig), death to all PC's >:D (new)

Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig) Richardson (tap3w3rm) | 190 comments Mod
((make sure you note it on you character sheet.))

One of the men gave him an incredulous look. "Lookit me son, I aint been near that swamp! You'd be a damn fool to go near the thing!"


message 32: by Davtime (new)

Davtime | 72 comments Looking to the young man "how about you? you look brave. ventured out into that swamp lately?


message 33: by Davtime (new)

Davtime | 72 comments ((Well i have to go tonight. See you guys next time.))


message 34: by Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig), death to all PC's >:D (new)

Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig) Richardson (tap3w3rm) | 190 comments Mod
"Well... No. But I hear amazing things about it!" said the youngman.


message 35: by Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig), death to all PC's >:D (new)

Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig) Richardson (tap3w3rm) | 190 comments Mod
((Mmmk gnght.))


message 36: by Doc (new)

Doc Aeon | 27 comments ((ack! sorry missed last night ened up working a 3-11pm shift))

Drake stirs back to more of a waking state after just mostly following his group around like a zomibe as he mostly just for now watches and listens.


message 37: by Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig), death to all PC's >:D (new)

Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig) Richardson (tap3w3rm) | 190 comments Mod
((eeeek that sucks!))

Volmer sat next to the younger man. "What can you tell us about the swamp?"


message 38: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) Jaide casually walks into the bar, seizing a seat near the door to survey the scene.


message 39: by Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig), death to all PC's >:D (new)

Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig) Richardson (tap3w3rm) | 190 comments Mod
The young man answered "I cant tell you much, but when I went in I dropped my dagger. I didnt go far in so when I remebered I dropped it, I went in and found it. The whole thing had rusted over night! I'd take plenty of oil in with you to clean your metal stuff."


Kiwi's Hero is Sydney Davies ❤ (sarahkiwi) Orthea stops outside of the bar, then hesitantly walks in. This wasn't the place to mess around, she could go stealing somewhere else.


message 41: by Davtime (new)

Davtime | 72 comments dav smiles and says ”Come on, there has got to be someone around here who goes out in that swamp regularly. Anyone you fellows could point out to us?”


Kiwi's Hero is Sydney Davies ❤ (sarahkiwi) She sits next to a female sitting near the door. "Hey. How you doin'?" She casually asks.


message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Harny looks for a rough old goat, sitting outside, nursing a brew at a table...


message 44: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) ((Jaide's a guy))
"Fine,"
Jaide answers flatly, without turning. His attention seems focused on the pair at the bar.


message 45: by Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig), death to all PC's >:D (new)

Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig) Richardson (tap3w3rm) | 190 comments Mod
Sarah (Kiwi) wrote: "She sits next to a female sitting near the door. "Hey. How you doin'?" She casually asks."

((Unless you're referring to maggies character then please dont make up your own NPC's or anything like that. ))

The older of the two men looked at Dav "The only one who goes reguarly into that swamp are the adventurers, and we never see them agan."


Kiwi's Hero is Sydney Davies ❤ (sarahkiwi) ((whoops and angus what's a NPC?))

Orthea put her hand on her belt. good. My knife's still there


message 47: by Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig), death to all PC's >:D (new)

Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig) Richardson (tap3w3rm) | 190 comments Mod
((Non Player Character. Basically anyone is isnt you guys is an NPC, except for monsters.))

Volmer walked over towards Harvey and whispered "I don't think we're going to be able to find a guide in this town. Looks like we mebbe are gonna have to find out own way."


message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

"Well then, let's be off, I say!"

OOC: Assuming it's a reasonable time of day to start.


message 49: by Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig), death to all PC's >:D (last edited Feb 21, 2011 08:07AM) (new)

Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig) Richardson (tap3w3rm) | 190 comments Mod
((Oh but of course!))

((DM Note: start your maps in the bottom left corner. ))

After travelling for a few hours you come to the entrance of the swamp!

The smell of fetid water wafts in the air, mixed with the occasional burst of fragrance from flowering plants. The air moves so slowly it is impossible to say whether a breeze is bringing the smells to you or are you walking through stagnant bubbles of air, which hold the smells in a perpetual embrace. The ground has slowly turned from hard-packed earth to a softer, moister texture that sticks to boots and hooves. Fog has been gathering for the last few hours, limiting vision to a mere 30 yards; at your feet it is so thick that you can see no more than 5 feet of ground ahead of you, causing the foliage further ahead to appear to be floating.
Thoughts of a conversation you had with a sage in the last town keep you moving towards your goal. Visions of great wealth and glory occupy your minds as you plod along towards the heart of the swamp.

As you move further you hear the faint splash of water, as well as several noises you cannot decipher. The air seems to chill slightly as you look into the mist, though determining if the temperature has actually dropped or if you merely sense the dread of this place is a toss-up.

Continuing around a short bend on the path you find yourself facing a veritable wall of fog. Visibility ends a mere 20 feet from where you stand. The air turns from chilly to a steaming heat, and a sense of foreboding grabs you. A decision must be made: enter... or turn back.


message 50: by Davtime (new)

Davtime | 72 comments Dav smiles eagerly "Finaly something interesting in this cess pool. maybe there is something in there to actually fight!"


« previous 1 3 4 5 6
back to top