~2014 Reading Challenge~ discussion

2011 Challenge Tracking > J's 2011 Reading List

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jason (last edited Mar 03, 2011 08:45AM) (new)

Jason Tan

Currently Reading:
The Third Option (Mitch Rapp, #2) by Vince Flynn
The Third Option by Vince Flynn (started: 4/3/2011)

JASON'S 2011 READING LIST

JANUARY
The Associate by John Grisham
The Associate by John Grisham (2/1/2011) [★★☆☆☆]

FEBRUARY
The Firm by John Grisham
The Firm by John Grisham (2/2/2011) [★★★★☆]

1st to Die (Women's Murder Club Series #1) by James Patterson
1st to Die (Women's Murder Club #1) by James Patterson (6/2/2011) [★★★★☆]

Along Came a Spider (Alex Cross, #1) by James Patterson
Along Came a Spider (Alex Cross #1) by James Patterson (14/2/2011) [★★★★☆]

2nd Chance (Women's Murder Club #2) by James Patterson
2nd Chance (Women's Murder Club #2) by James Patterson (17/2/2011) [★★★☆☆]

MARCH
Transfer of Power (Mitch Rapp, #1) by Vince Flynn
Transfer of Power by Vince Flynn (4/3/2011) [★★★★☆]

message 2: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (sheilaj) Great choice of books Jason. I'm looking forward to the 10th book in the Women's Murder Club to be released in May. That is such a great series. It is too bad the tv series didn't fly.

message 3: by Jason (new)

Jason Tan Sheila wrote: "Great choice of books Jason. I'm looking forward to the 10th book in the Women's Murder Club to be released in May. That is such a great series. It is too bad the tv series didn't fly."

I know! I've never read anything from Patterson before until last month. How did I miss such an amazing author, I have no idea! Now I'm a huge fan of his works. As soon as I finished 1st to Die, I got myself 2nd Chance, Along Came a Spider and The Murder of King Tut. I think that will keep me busy for February. Hopefully I'll be able to catch up with the Women's Murder Club series before the 10th book is out.

And I'm halfway through the Full Dark, No Stars audiobook. The first novella from the book is quite creepy.

message 4: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (sheilaj) James Patterson is my absolute favorite author. I have been working my way through his entire bibliography. He is a very prolific author. I have Tick Tock ordered from the library but am in a long wait list for it. I'm currently reading Cross Country which I believe is #14 in the Alex Cross series. Don't just read his series books Jason because his stand alone novels are wonderful. As soon as I finish Cross Country I will be reading Swimsuit. I already have it checked out of the library. My husband just read it and said it was really good.

I'm very glad you have discovered James Patterson. He will keep you entertained for years to come.! I have just discovered a new author as well Allison Brennan. I'm reading her first book called The Prey. It is a really intense thriller about a mystery writer who's "murders" are being played out in real life by a psychopath.

Happy reading.

message 5: by Jason (new)

Jason Tan Just finished 2nd Chance by James Patterson. An interesting read, but not as good as 1st to Die in my opinion.

Will be reading Vince Flynn's Transfer of Power next.

message 6: by Jason (new)

Jason Tan Finished reading Transfer of Power by Vince Flynn. The book reminded me of the tv series 24. A good read. I particularly enjoyed the squabble between the political figures in the book. Just picked up the second book from the same series, The Third Option. Hope it's as good as the first one.