What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Perks of Being a Wallflower
This topic is about The Perks of Being a Wallflower
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. boy goes through book unhappy, realizes at the very end, he was molested. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Gina Bacigalupi Hi there, again. I'm now looking for a book for a friend. She said that the boy in the book is unhappy, and realizes at the end that he has been molested. He had been repressing the memory. Any ideas?

message 2: by Kaiter (new)

Kaiter | 2 comments Is it from the last decade? This sounds like Bottled Up, by Jaye Murray.

message 4: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 184 comments Wasn't that the premise of The Prince of Tides? Of course, that was about a man, not a boy.

Perhaps you can get your friend to join goodreads and give more details.

Gina Bacigalupi yes!! perks of being a wallflower. thanks.

message 6: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen | 23 comments Hmm, as someone just getting to Perks, would have appreciated a spoiler warning at the beginning of the thread!

message 7: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments Jen wrote: "Hmm, as someone just getting to Perks, would have appreciated a spoiler warning at the beginning of the thread!"

Yes, ideally it's best to not put spoilers in the subject heading and to give some warning that there are spoilers if they are present in the comment box.

We now have spoiler warnings for within these messages! See the (some html is ok) link above the comment box!

But, one of the pitfalls of this group is that sometimes members remember only enough about a book that they have to give spoilers to give sufficient information about it, enough so that others can help them find it.

Jen, I'm sorry you got spoilers for this book. I know how disappointing that can be.

message 8: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments Jen and All, I'm about to post a new comment about spoilers in the general folder. Hopefully, it will reduce the number of instances of this problem.