Good YA Series discussion

Fallen (Fallen, #1)
This topic is about Fallen
Fallen > What do you think of Fallen?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 60 (60 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Crystal (last edited Aug 10, 2011 12:23PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Crystal (crystalways) | 305 comments Mod
How do you guys like Fallen so far?
Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate

To see this book's poll click here.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Overall, I liked it. There were some parts of it that I didn't really like though.

I thought there was something off about Cam in the beginning but I still really liked him.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree with you Crystal. I thought that there seemed to be something kind of "off" about Cam, but with that being said, he was still really sweet to Luce

Yeah. I always find myself falling for the guy the main girl shouldn't be with. I think it has something to do with me being a little bit messed up in the head.

message 6: by Zulema (new)

Zulema (B00KReader) | 2 comments I agree with you too Crystal, I always fall for the guy the main girl shouldn't be with and the bad boy kind too. Their just much more interesting LOL!

It is much more interesting that way, and I always end up not like the other characters for how they treat that guy. Cam could be a good guy too if they just let him (well he really can't since he's kind of a demon, but that doesn't mean they should judge him).

Sarah (sb3626) | 4 comments I really loved Fallen it is a book I would probably read again

Lissa Smith Reads'~A Bookaholics Bookshelf (lissasmithreads) Sarah wrote: "I really loved Fallen it is a book I would probably read again"

I will have to read it again. I read passion when it was released and was a little lost because it was so long after torment. But a great series. As well as the Wolves of Mercy Falls.

Andrea (crazyniko) | 18 comments It is a good book

Lissa Smith Reads'~A Bookaholics Bookshelf (lissasmithreads) Andrea wrote: "It is a good book"

Good, yes! Great, oh yes. Excellent book and series 5 stars all the way… Fallen and Torment!

Jurga | 37 comments Yeeeey ! Just read that there will be movie "Fallen" in 2012 ! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1564777/

Sporty No1 | 21 comments i liked the story line it was differnt but luce was soo annoying,

Sporty wrote: "i liked the story line it was differnt but luce was soo annoying,"

really? i understood luce was the way she was in fallen, daniel was starting to annoy me because of how he was treating her.

Songhe | 5 comments I liked the story too. I guess the characters were somewhat annoying. I read this a while back so I can't really remember back.

Sporty No1 | 21 comments lol i liked her more in passion, she was more understanding

Sporty wrote: "lol i liked her more in passion, she was more understanding"

yeah, i liked them both more in passion.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Crystal wrote: "Yeah. I always find myself falling for the guy the main girl shouldn't be with. I think it has something to do with me being a little bit messed up in the head."

No way :) you're not messed up in the head, you just like the bad guys :)

message 19: by Mimi (new) - rated it 1 star

Mimi Kowgie (mika_koga) | 7 comments i didnt like fallen. :( the plot came up in the end and it wasnt sweet or romantic. i was really disappointed.

Mika wrote: "i didnt like fallen. :( the plot came up in the end and it wasnt sweet or romantic. i was really disappointed."

I thought the part where Luce and Daniel finally got together was romantic, but i see what you mean. It did get a little morbid after Penny's death.

message 21: by Mimi (new) - rated it 1 star

Mimi Kowgie (mika_koga) | 7 comments Crystal wrote: "Mika wrote: "i didnt like fallen. :( the plot came up in the end and it wasnt sweet or romantic. i was really disappointed."

I thought the part where Luce and Daniel finally got together was roman..."

yeah! i dont think im gonna read torment anymore. im reading divergent now. its really fun and its kinda like hunger games but ofcourse nothing compares to hunger games. have you read hunger games?

Mika wrote: "Crystal wrote: "Mika wrote: "i didnt like fallen. :( the plot came up in the end and it wasnt sweet or romantic. i was really disappointed."

I thought the part where Luce and Daniel finally got to..."

I loved the Hunger Games. I've heard of Divergent.

I think you should give the Fallen series. I personally think Lauren Kate's writing gets better after every book.

message 23: by Mimi (new) - rated it 1 star

Mimi Kowgie (mika_koga) | 7 comments Crystal wrote: "Mika wrote: "Crystal wrote: "Mika wrote: "i didnt like fallen. :( the plot came up in the end and it wasnt sweet or romantic. i was really disappointed."

I thought the part where Luce and Daniel f..."

okay i will. :) i hope there's more romance in the second book. thanks!!! :)

Mika wrote: "Crystal wrote: "Mika wrote: "Crystal wrote: "Mika wrote: "i didnt like fallen. :( the plot came up in the end and it wasnt sweet or romantic. i was really disappointed."

I thought the part where L..."

In the second book, there's more jealousy than romance, but in the third book, it's chalk full of romance.

Mandy  (ladyguinevere) It was a bit slow at first... I did like the grim surroundings, very original. When Luce finally saw Daniel's real shape it was like I landed into a very unbelievable book. I *knew* what it was about when I bought it, which attracted me in the first place, but it felt weird because nothing pointed towards it during almost the entire book.

I wasn't blown away but I liked the read. The sequels got better and better, to my opinion.

Jurga | 37 comments There will be a movie in 2012 "Fallen" :) Looking forward to it. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1564777/

Yeah. Disney owns the rights to the Fallen movies. I just hope they don't make it into a Disney Channel movie.

message 28: by Nina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nina (Bugs443) | 2 comments I love the books so my hopes are up for the movie.

message 29: by Tara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tara (taterbeans) | 19 comments i have to say that this is my fave for the series so far. i felt like the story and theme was a breath of fresh air and i tore through it really enjoying it. i think its not a 5 star book, just a bit shy if being perfect. the plot is almost there. i like cam and i still have hope for the later books for him.

Alice (alicelhonda) i liked te beginning of it, but the end was just confusing. and why the hell did they killed penn? she was my favorite character! i thought it was totally unnecessary.

Alice wrote: "i liked te beginning of it, but the end was just confusing. and why the hell did they killed penn? she was my favorite character! i thought it was totally unnecessary."

I don't really get why she killed Penn off too. We were only just beginning to get her. When Luce started crying over Penn's death in Torment (not really a spoiler), I was like, "Oh yeah. I almost forgot about her."

message 32: by knits & lit (new)

knits & lit (hdtracy) | 5 comments BAHHH!!

I'm like, 70% through this book and loving it - so I opened this discussion to see other's thoughts, and the very first post I saw had a HUGE spoiler. I'm really sad now :( But, I've learned my lesson to stay away until I'm finished! haha

Arushi (arushilisa) ah, it was ok.

Hdtracy wrote: "BAHHH!!

I'm like, 70% through this book and loving it - so I opened this discussion to see other's thoughts, and the very first post I saw had a HUGE spoiler. I'm really sad now :( But, I've lear..."

Aww. I'm sorry. That's why I recently started those no spoiler discussions. It just annoys me when someone accidentally spoils a book I haven't read yet, and I hate it when I'm that someone. :(

Tell me what you think when you finish. I think the books progressively get better.

message 35: by knits & lit (new)

knits & lit (hdtracy) | 5 comments Crystal wrote: "Hdtracy wrote: "BAHHH!!

I'm like, 70% through this book and loving it - so I opened this discussion to see other's thoughts, and the very first post I saw had a HUGE spoiler. I'm really sad now :..."

It's totally fine. No worries at all, can't say I blame you because as soon as something interesting happens in a book I'm reading, I find myself dying to get on here and talk to someone about it too! :)

I've finished Fallen now and really liked it! Are the other Fallen books just a continuation from here on out? I feel like I read something somewhere that implies that they are books about other lifetimes involving Daniel and Luce? Is that true?

message 36: by Tina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tina | 11 comments yes there are: 2nd book is Torment, 3rd book is Passion, and 4th book is Rapture and somewhere between Passion and Rapture comes Fallen in Love but tha last two books are not out yet

Tina wrote: "yes there are: 2nd book is Torment, 3rd book is Passion, and 4th book is Rapture and somewhere between Passion and Rapture comes Fallen in Love but tha last two books are not out yet"

Are you saying there's another book between Passion and Rapture?

Viktoria (viktoriax) | 2 comments I thought Fallen was okay, readable - but boring at times. There were many parts I didn't really like and same goes for the sequel Torment - I'm really not a huge fan of fallen, actually I'm not a fan at all. And I hated that Penn died - she was my favourite character actually I guess I only finished the book because of her - but the series is not that bad I guess it just didn't satisfy my taste fully.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Loved it! But the story was not original, or that's what I think. The story line about the head-character having past lifes and another character being immortal or something like that, but I think this author, Lauren Kate, translated it to her own version and made it incredible!

message 41: by Niki (new) - rated it 1 star

Niki (ngurl3) Fallen was okay...I liked it at first, but by the end, I thought it was kinda stupid. Not planning on reading any others in the series.

Rachel (rachelreads98) Oh gosh. The first book was great, I really liked it. But all of the new books... It's depressing, gloomy, unreasonable, and to be truthful the main girl was just plain annoying. Bah :(

Abigail Blades Thomas | 1 comments I didn't like it at all, I don't understand the cover, and I thought the love story was ridiculous. I will not be reading any of the other stories in the series.

Sanne ♔ (Sanne and the Books) It was okay. The beginning and everything was great, but the end...

Aneta Bak So far I only read the first book but i really like it, i hope the rest are alright!

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Pretty good, but Cam and Daniel were annoying!!

Ashley | 5 comments I really liked it. I couldn't put it down. It's not as good as the second book, but it still captured and held my undivided attention. I've really gotten into this series and I just can't make myself read any other book without finishing this series first. I give Lauren Kate a ginormous pat on the back. Well done Ms. Kate.

message 48: by Sam (new) - rated it 1 star

Sam (nerd1) | 5 comments Am I the only one who thinks it was overhyped? Personally, Luce is a bit of a weak character,in some cases I understand why she behaves in a certain way but she is always obsessing about kissing boys hence, the book lacked certain depth for that reason. I think it is a casual read to pass the time maybe.

Ashley | 5 comments Sam wrote: "Am I the only one who thinks it was overhyped? Personally, Luce is a bit of a weak character,in some cases I understand why she behaves in a certain way but she is always obsessing about kissing bo..."

I do believe that in this book that Luce is a weak character, but if you stick with the series, I think you will find that she becomes a stronger character that is able to stand on her own. The focus of the other books is shifted as Luce starts to worry less about romantic relationships and more about learning what she needs to learn in able to strengthen her relationship with Daniel. Instead of just taking what she gets ( like she, repeatedly, does in the first book) Luce goes after what she wants and establishes herself as a stronger character.

Marisa (datoismyname) It's crap.

« previous 1