The Mortal Instruments discussion

How often have you read MI? Did you feed off the book?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tina ♥ Bookaholic (martinabookaholic) Hey guys,

don't know how to start this topic, but I'll try it :)
First I want to say, that I've finished the MI-serie last sunday and now this week I've already started to read "the hunger games #1" and "the forgotten garten, by kate morton" - BUT I'm still so into the story of Jace and Clary and I really not so interested in the other two books at the moment.

I have the feeling, always when I really like a book (like twilight or now the MI) I almost feed off the book and I read so fast (also I'm from Austria and not native english), that I don't get every detail exactly and I miss some sarcasm or joke... cause I read so fast - does anyone of you know what I mean??

and also now I really would like to read the whole series again, right after the first time - but isn't that a little nuts or kind of addicting..??

what do you say?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I must have read the whole series like 3 times in a row. I couldn't get enough of Jace. I've tried to find other books like those but kept falling short.

Although, now I'm reading the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning and loving it. Almost as good as MI series.

But I'm sure I'll keep reading MI for many years to come.

About the reading to fast and missing a joke, I couldn't figure out what Simon's shirt with the chicken meant until I asked someone on a Mortal Instruments thread. When I did, i laughed for like forever.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Fever is a re-read series too. Especially the last couple of books. Wow is an understatement.

message 4: by Amelle (new)

Amelle Kyre (the_shadowhunter) | 946 comments hahahaha ive read them so many times ive lost count but maybe 5 or 6 it could be more and im planning to reread them again before # 4 comes out just because i love them soooo Much!

ahahahaha the Chicken shirt thing i didnt get either until someone said the joke in a fanfiction!

i've also read a lot of fanfiction soooo yeah i really love these books!!!!!!!!

plus i've had at least 12 people read them now and have made more fans!!!!

OH! does anyone get the word that Jace uses in CoA when hes at the werewolf bar that finally makes them attack him i tried forever to figure it out but couldn't???????

message 5: by Jen (new)

Jen | 148 comments ^ ugh i wish i knew too!
I've only read them through twice but I've reread fav parts over and over and I plan on reading them again before the new one comes out

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Oh yeah, the chicken shirt thing. I didn't get it either and then when someone said what it was finally I felt like facepalming because it was pretty obvious.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I've wondered about that part in the Hunters Moon too. Does anyone know???

message 8: by Jen (new)

Jen | 148 comments Stacia ~ ran out of lette... wrote: "Oh yeah, the chicken shirt thing. I didn't get it either and then when someone said what it was finally I felt like facepalming because it was pretty obvious."

wait how did you figure it out? and what he say?

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) It means rock out with your cock out.

message 10: by Jerry (new)

Jerry Kimball | 3 comments LOL wow that is quite funny I get it now I would have never figured that lol

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Martina wrote: "Hey guys,

don't know how to start this topic, but I'll try it :)
First I want to say, that I've finished the MI-serie last sunday and now this week I've already started to read "the hunger game..."

That totally happens to me. When i was done MI I went right into reading ID which was a big mistake cuz I barely finished it I was soo hooked to Clary and Jace!