Bookcrossers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > [Booktalk February] where is your main Character

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Feodora (new)

Feodora | 108 comments Mod
Sorry for beeing late.

I am still in London with...
What Came Before He Shot Her (Inspector Lynley #14) by Elizabeth George

on Guernsey with.....
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer

and in southern Germany with the audiobook...
Die Samenhändlerin. 5 CDs by Petra Durst-Benning

message 2: by Paula (new)

Paula | 72 comments Mine is in California. She is the love child of Loretta Young and Clark Gable. Uncommon Knowledge by Judy Lewis

message 3: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy  (vilette) | 59 comments Mine is in Germany also...I'm reading "Steppenwolf" by Herman Hesse.

message 4: by Judy (new)

Judy (judygreeneyes) | 144 comments My main characters are right now in Ethiopia after WWII, so I'm guessing late 1940's, early 1950's.

Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese -- rather engrossing!

message 5: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy  (vilette) | 59 comments Judy wrote: "My main characters are right now in Ethiopia after WWII, so I'm guessing late 1940's, early 1950's.

Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese -- rather engrossing!"

I just read this last month...a great read!

message 6: by Bookguide (new)

Bookguide | 41 comments My book is set on the prehistoric landbridge between Siberia and North America, Beringia.
People of the Wolf by Kathleen O'Neal Gear and W. Michael Gear

message 7: by Feodora (last edited Feb 10, 2011 12:39PM) (new)

Feodora wrote: "Sorry for beeing late.

I am still in London with...
What Came Before He Shot Her (Inspector Lynley #14) by Elizabeth George

on Guernsey with.....
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer

The Audiobook changed its now the second part about a midwife in saxonia 1076 Die Spur der Hebamme by Sabine Ebert

message 8: by Dee (new)

Dee | 1 comments My main character is a real person, Oliver Saks. He is in England at a terrible residential school during world war 2.

message 9: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy  (vilette) | 59 comments Dee wrote: "My main character is a real person, Oliver Saks. He is in England at a terrible residential school during world war 2."

I am now in Portugal accompanying an elephant on his way to Vienna ....

message 10: by Paula (new)

Paula | 72 comments My main character is is Ohio right now with Joseph Smith and Brigham Young. I'm reading The 19th Wife by David Ebershoff

message 11: by Bookguide (last edited Feb 12, 2011 07:58AM) (new)

Bookguide | 41 comments I am living on Airstrip One, frustrated by a humdrum life of correcting texts, i.e. altering history. I seem to be the only person who can remember the past. My girlfriend and I have just taken a leap of faith, and now I'm reading 'the book'.

The book *I'm* reading is 'Nineteen Eighty-Four' by George Orwell.

message 12: by Feodora (new)

After finishing with The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer I now started a german book Die Rebenprinzessin Historischer Roman by Corinna Neuendorf and it takes place on a huge winery not far from Nuremberg 1430

message 13: by Judy (new)

Judy (judygreeneyes) | 144 comments 1. In London and Guernsey (loving this book) The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer
2. In Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (also loving this one) Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
3. In Washington DC Simple Genius (Sean King & Michelle Maxwell, #3) by David Baldacci

message 14: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Brady (minesayn) | 119 comments My main character is in Sweden...I'm reading the first of the Millennium trilogy, "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo"! At least that is one of the books I'm reading..another book's main character is in New England ("An Arsonist's Guide to Writers' Homes in New England). I'm also working on "The Man Who Loved China" and the man is surprisingly in China.

Any other nonfiction book I'm reading is just a read without main characters.

message 15: by Feodora (new)

Judy wrote: "1. In London and Guernsey (loving this book) The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer

Funny that You reading a book I just have finished. Its a nice story and nice done in letters.

message 16: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy  (vilette) | 59 comments Feodora wrote: "Judy wrote: "1. In London and Guernsey (loving this book) The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer

Funny that You reading a book I just have finished. Its a nice story..."

I read this a couple of years ago and also found it very good.
Right now, my main character is in Barcelona learnign to be a Spanish gentleman but he will return to California as "Zorro". The book is by Isabelle Allende and is very good.

message 17: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Brady (minesayn) | 119 comments I read it last year (book ring book, actually) and really liked it, too. I joined the book ring because a woman who grew up there recommended it. I think she was a war bride--met him during the war, that is--and has lived in the US since.

message 18: by Feodora (new)

I started with Life of Pi by Yann Martel but by know it did not catch me.

So I will start with Botswana Time by Will Randall

message 19: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Brady (minesayn) | 119 comments Right now my main character is in New England, in particular, Amherst, Massachusetts!

message 20: by Paula (new)

Paula | 72 comments My main character is in England. She is a master of disguises. I'm reading Dancing on the Wind (Fallen Angels, #3) by Mary Jo Putney

message 21: by Feodora (new)

Feodora wrote: "I started with Life of Pi by Yann Martel but by know it did not catch me.

So I will start with Botswana Time by Will Randall"

As Audio I started with

Meines Vaters Land. Geschichte einer deutschen Familie. 6 CDs. by Wibke Bruhns

it is a good narrated biography. Telling a story and add parts of the diaries combined with parts of oifficial history.

message 22: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Brady (minesayn) | 119 comments Newest book reading, my main character is in New York City on trial for her husband's Wall Street dealings of a hedge fund.

I'm reading "After the Darkness" by Tilly Bagshawe, writing in the style of Sidney Sheldon

message 23: by Chana (new)

Chana | 25 comments Hawthorne, CA in the 1960's, making music. I've just written the song Surfin' Safari.
I'm reading Heroes and Villains: The True Story of The Beach Boys.

message 24: by Paula (new)

Paula | 72 comments I've been in England looking for a spy in a group of evil men. I'm reading "Dancing on the Wind" Mary Jo Putney Dancing on the Wind (Fallen Angels, #3) by Mary Jo Putney

message 25: by Judy (new)

Judy (judygreeneyes) | 144 comments I'm on Sanibel Island(SW Florida)in the present day. I'm working on uncovering a blackmailing operation.
Black Widow by Randy Wayne White

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.