Start by marking “Dancing on the Wind (Fallen Angels, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dancing on the Wind (Fallen Angels, #2)

Dancing on the Wind (Fallen Angels #2)

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  1,577 Ratings  ·  85 Reviews
Like his nickname, Lucifer, Lord Strathmore is know for unearthly beauty and diabolical cleverness. A tragic past has driven Lucien to use his formidable talents to protect his country from hidden enemies. It’s a job he does superbly well—until he meets a mysterious woman whose skill at deception is the equal of his own. By turns glamorous and subdued, his enchanting adver ...more
Published May 6th 2003 by Signet (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Dancing on the Wind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dancing on the Wind

Caz
Sep 01, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This audiobook has the unlikely distinction of being one of the worst narrations I've ever listened to. I've given it a D- for narration and B- for content at AudioGals, which I suppose I should technically round up to 2 stars, but seriously - the narration was so bad, I would hate for anyone to look at my rating and think it worth wasting money on!

Some of Mary Jo Putney’s books have been available in audio format for a number of years, but the author has recently begun self-publishing some of h
ARomanceLover
Jul 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
When Lord Strathmore infiltrates the Hellion Club to find a French spy he continuously meets Kit who intriguingly is also investigating the group for her own purposes. They soon bond over their love of their sibling and their search for real intimacy.

When I first began this book it didn't catch my attention and I was reluctant to read it but after about page 50 I tore through it voraciously. The mystery really caught me up and I wanted to know Kit's past and find out what she was really up to.
Corrine
I finally get why people keep reading Mary Jo Putney! I loved this one, didn't want to put it down. I loved how Kit totally exposed a new side (or sides I should say) of herself to save her sister, and I love how befuddled and intrigued Lucien is by her. For the first time since I started the series, I can't wait to read the rest of the Fallen Angels.
Hannah
Jun 24, 2016 rated it liked it
2.5 to 3 Stars

I sacrificed sleep to read the first half of this book, but I had a hard time finishing the second half because I felt the story had gone off track and the characters had lost their way. Also (view spoiler)
Laura James
Mar 10, 2010 rated it it was ok
This book was OK, but it wasn't one of the stronger stories in the series. In previous books by Mary Jo Putney, I've often felt as they they started out slow and gained momentum as they went along. However, this book seemed to take the opposite approach. I felt that the beginning was good, but then the book lost steam page by page, and it became a struggle to finish it.
May 16, 2014 rated it liked it
While everything I liked about Dancing in the Wind was still present in this offering, it was the supernatural element that ruined the storyline for me. Useless hand wringing, unlikely phenomena, and silly plot lines made the second half of the book unenjoyable. The villains motivation was illogical and the warp speed ending dissatisfactory.
Tonileg
Karina Westermann
I .. actually admired this book. It wasn't exactly written within the last couple of years and it is remarkably open-minded about certain practices. It's not the strongest MJP novel but it is thoughtful and receptive to the notion that love and desire come in many different guises. And that is often something which is forgotten and buried in regencies.

Judging by the GR reviews, some readers struggle with the complexities of desire depicted by MJP - and if you are looking for a straightforward h
Diane K. Peterson
Not quite sure what to say about this book. The first half was wonderful. Kit was a great heroine -- clever, resourceful and charming. Lucien was hero with great depth of character. I loved how Kit was able to outsmart him time and again. Then in the second half of the book the story evolves into one of psychic connections and evil ceremonies. We even have some BDSM (it is part of the evil, this was published in 1994). Kit seems to lost some of her strength and cleverness. She adopts a irrationa ...more
LJ
DANCING ON THE WIND - G
Putney, Mary Jo - 3rd in Fallen Angels series

A tragic past has driven Lord Strathmore to use his formidable talents to protect his country from secret enemies, and he does it superlatively well - until he meets a mysterious woman. By turns glamorous and subdued, reckless yet vulnerable, she baffles his mind even as she captures his heart.

Lucian; one of the twins. The Hellfire Club. A good, enjoyable read.
  • Devil Takes a Bride (Knight Miscellany, #5)
  • Till Dawn Tames the Night
  • The Last Hellion (Scoundrels, #4)
  • A Victorian Christmas
  • Twice Fallen (Ladies in Waiting, #2)
  • Irresistible (Horsemen Trilogy, #3)
  • The Forbidden Lord (Lord Trilogy, #2)
  • Scoundrel (Montagues, #3)
  • The Rookie (The Taylor Clan, #4)
  • The Devil to Pay (MacLachlan Family, #1)
  • The Bride's Bodyguard
  • Scandal
  • A Dangerous Love (deWarenne Dynasty, #9)
  • Like No Other Lover (Pennyroyal Green, #2)
  • Gallant Waif
  • One Night in London (The Truth About the Duke, #1)
  • All Through the Night (Royal Agents #2)
She writes young adult fiction as M.J. Putney.

Mary Jo Putney was born in Upstate New York with a reading addiction, a condition for which there is no known cure. After earning degrees in English Literature and Industrial Design at Syracuse University, she did various forms of design work in California and England before inertia took over in Baltimore, Maryland, where she has lived very comfortably
More about Mary Jo Putney...

Fallen Angels (7 books)
  • Thunder & Roses (Fallen Angels #1)
  • Petals in the Storm (Fallen Angels, #3; Regency, #2)
  • Angel Rogue (Fallen Angels, #4)
  • Shattered Rainbows (Fallen Angels, #5)
  • River of Fire (Fallen Angels, #6)
  • One Perfect Rose (Fallen Angels #7)