Start by marking “Dancing on the Wind (Fallen Angels, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dancing on the Wind (Fallen Angels, #2)

Dancing on the Wind

(Fallen Angels #2)

Like his nickname, Lucifer, Lord Strathmore is know for unearthly beauty and diabolical cleverness. A tragic past has driven Lucien to use his formidable talents to protect his country from hidden enemies. It’s a job he does superbly well—until he meets a mysterious woman whose skill at deception is the equal of his own. By turns glamorous and subdued, his enchanting adver ...more
Published May 6th 2003 by Signet (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Dancing on the Wind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dancing on the Wind

Caz
Sep 01, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This audiobook has the unlikely distinction of being one of the worst narrations I've ever listened to. I've given it a D- for narration and B- for content at AudioGals, which I suppose I should technically round up to 2 stars, but seriously - the narration was so bad, I would hate for anyone to look at my rating and think it worth wasting money on!

Some of Mary Jo Putney’s books have been available in audio format for a number of years, but the author has recently begun self-publishing some of h
ARomanceLover
Jul 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
When Lord Strathmore infiltrates the Hellion Club to find a French spy he continuously meets Kit who intriguingly is also investigating the group for her own purposes. They soon bond over their love of their sibling and their search for real intimacy.

When I first began this book it didn't catch my attention and I was reluctant to read it but after about page 50 I tore through it voraciously. The mystery really caught me up and I wanted to know Kit's past and find out what she was really up to.
Tonileg
Kate McMurry
May 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Review of Audiobook narrated by William Kirby

I am posting this audiobook review using the format that Audible recommends:

Overall: 5 stars
Performance: 5 stars
Story: 5 stars

Q. What made the experience of listening to Dancing on the Wind the most enjoyable?

A. Excellent characters and story experienced as fine performance art.

Q. Who was your favorite character and why?

A. I enjoyed both Lucien, the hero, and Kit, the heroine. Lucien, the mysterious spymaster, and Kit of the many disguises, are both a
Hannah
Jun 24, 2016 rated it liked it
2.5 to 3 Stars

I sacrificed sleep to read the first half of this book, but I had a hard time finishing the second half because I felt the story had gone off track and the characters had lost their way. Also (view spoiler)
May 16, 2014 rated it liked it
While everything I liked about Dancing in the Wind was still present in this offering, it was the supernatural element that ruined the storyline for me. Useless hand wringing, unlikely phenomena, and silly plot lines made the second half of the book unenjoyable. The villains motivation was illogical and the warp speed ending dissatisfactory.
Corrine
I finally get why people keep reading Mary Jo Putney! I loved this one, didn't want to put it down. I loved how Kit totally exposed a new side (or sides I should say) of herself to save her sister, and I love how befuddled and intrigued Lucien is by her. For the first time since I started the series, I can't wait to read the rest of the Fallen Angels.
Jennie
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book has romance, the Hellion Club, a kidnapping plus a rescue. It can be read as part of the series or as a stand alone.
Genieve Ong
I think I would like to take a long break reading this author's book or maybe I might not pick any of her other books... This is my second book from the author and this is my second time to be disappointed.....

This book has more thriller, mystery and paranormal rather than romance and I don't like any of this element but I was curious about the twin sister and how would the hero and heroine's relationship would build... In the end I think I just wasted my time cause the relationship isn't that
Diane K. Peterson
Not quite sure what to say about this book. The first half was wonderful. Kit was a great heroine -- clever, resourceful and charming. Lucien was hero with great depth of character. I loved how Kit was able to outsmart him time and again. Then in the second half of the book the story evolves into one of psychic connections and evil ceremonies. We even have some BDSM (it is part of the evil, this was published in 1994). Kit seems to lost some of her strength and cleverness. She adopts a irrationa ...more
Laura James
Mar 10, 2010 rated it it was ok
This book was OK, but it wasn't one of the stronger stories in the series. In previous books by Mary Jo Putney, I've often felt as they they started out slow and gained momentum as they went along. However, this book seemed to take the opposite approach. I felt that the beginning was good, but then the book lost steam page by page, and it became a struggle to finish it.
Jen
May 05, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2 1/2 stars.
What started out as an interesting story turned into a bunch of hocus pocus randomness.
Not even worth griping about.

I think I'm done with this series. Oh well
Ceki
Jun 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Karie Westermann
I .. actually admired this book. It wasn't exactly written within the last couple of years and it is remarkably open-minded about certain practices. It's not the strongest MJP novel but it is thoughtful and receptive to the notion that love and desire come in many different guises. And that is often something which is forgotten and buried in regencies.

Judging by the GR reviews, some readers struggle with the complexities of desire depicted by MJP - and if you are looking for a straightforward h
FliesInMyEyes
I really enjoyed the first 40-50% of the book and ended up skimming the last 20%. It started off as a love story with a mystery component but turned into a mystery with paranormal and love story components. I hate stories with supernatural elements though, so if you like historical mysteries and ESP, this might be a book you'd like. As always, Putney writes like nobody's business.

Damn, but I'm disappointed by Luce's story. I was really looking forward to reading about his HEA. 😐
LJ
DANCING ON THE WIND - G
Putney, Mary Jo - 3rd in Fallen Angels series

A tragic past has driven Lord Strathmore to use his formidable talents to protect his country from secret enemies, and he does it superlatively well - until he meets a mysterious woman. By turns glamorous and subdued, reckless yet vulnerable, she baffles his mind even as she captures his heart.

Lucian; one of the twins. The Hellfire Club. A good, enjoyable read.
Megzy
Mar 23, 2016 rated it liked it
The book started on a high note but lost it's edge quickly and only picked up again toward the very end. The twin connections were a bit overdone.

Jackie
Sep 27, 2009 rated it liked it
Really liked the Lucien/Kit storyline. But the psychic stuff felt rather contrived, and I could really do without the sadomasocistic subplot -- yuck!
Hazel
Jul 07, 2010 rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance
the opening line grabbed me. After the funerals he was sent back to school.

Unfortunately it was downhill from there.
Jack Vasen
This book has an excellent story that is entertaining throughout. It contains mystery, although I don't think the identity of the real villain is much of a surprise. It blends the hunt for the spy with Kit's hunt, which in the early part of the book is another mystery. The premise of Lucien and Kit both investigating the Hellions and apparently in competition, even possibly at odds, adds spice to the early part of the story.

It is one of MJP's older books, and for me has some rough edges, but it
Jan
Jun 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Mysterious circumstances surround this romance. Lucien ‘Lucifer’ Fairchild, Earl of Strathmore, gained his title early after a tragic accident that killed his parents and his twin. The only thing that saved him from despair was friendships from school. Losing his family has made him averse to the potential pain of intimate relationships. He undertakes risky investigations to help keep England safe.

On his investigation of the Hellions' Club, he rescues a young parlor maid from assault. Another ti
Wordsworth
Feb 04, 2018 rated it liked it
An engaging plot and interesting protagonists, but I had some issues with it. First-- I will avoid spoilers by being vague-- the antagonistic forces were poorly explored, shallowly illustrated as part of a dissipated bunch of useless aristocrats with darker undercurrents. But the end was a long time coming and then wrapped up so quickly there was not a satisfactory explanation for the motives or even a total cataloguing of misdeeds to resolve the two quests that got both Kit and Lucien entangled ...more
Lynne Tull
When I start a series, I get hooked. I always want to know how the characters fare as time passes. This one is about Lucien/Lucifer who meets up with Kit (Katherine Travers). There is ample opportunity to skip through a lot of page filler. The rouse drags on way too many times; as does they declaration of marriage from Lucien to Kit. Of course, there are a lot of surprises that make the story more interesting. Hang in there; it is worth the ending. Recommend. If you have all of the book, you can ...more
Lara
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
This was my least favourite book by Mary Jo Putney 😢 I really only finished it because I want to read this series and I read in order 😅 (I know, I am that boring!) but even more boring is all the twin bond and silly paranormal comunication in this book. OMG I am so glad I am not a twin, I could not live like that. Even if Lucien is an adorable character, he was not enough to save the book. All that connexion, the inward reaching for the soul and all the feelings were just to much. Sorry, I now c ...more
Diane Matlick
Huge love for this book, so much emotion and angst. I LOVED Kit and Lucien and that is the surefire way for me to love a story. The emotional intensity between these 2 was off the charts and as much as I love the dirty sex in most HR books, there’s something nice about how much more innocent these books are. When they were together it was BEAUTIFUL and I devoured every word. This book was far from perfect but it still gets an easy 5 stars from me.

Highly recommend!!
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Dee Jay
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Twins and twins

Trying to ferret out a spy takes Lucien to try to join the Hellfire club. Kate Travers is working out who may have abducted her sister.
The two desires bring Kate (Kit) and Lucien into the same orbit. How they work their way through all the deviousness of the Hellfire club and the theater world makes for a delightful tale.
robyn martin
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Twins

This story delves into the unique ability twins have to communicate. The hero of the story has spent 20 years searching for that elusive connection, after his twin died.one twin is in serious trouble and time is running out. It will take outside help, just about a lot of luck, and allowing one's self to be vulnerable in order to pull it off.
Mom2boyz
Aug 10, 2017 rated it liked it
I really, really liked the story, however the addition of psychic powers really ruined the mystery and most of the excitement of the book for me.
Maureen Wilson
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
could not put this down!
Cherie
Mar 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
I'm of two minds about this one. A strong tie between twin sisters takes on an almost paranormal aspect, which has a basis in reality but not quite to the extent that was used for this story. It worked but became the "and then a miracle happened" antidote to all the improbable situations. That said, there was great story telling and since I love fairy tales, I can accept it all.

Lucien was an interesting hero. He is afraid of insincere relationships with women, he actually goes into a dark funk a
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Stolen Magic (Guardians, #2)
  • Twice Fallen (Ladies in Waiting, #2)
  • Till Dawn Tames the Night
  • Devil Takes a Bride (Knight Miscellany, #5)
  • The Bride's Bodyguard
  • The Forbidden Lord (Lord Trilogy, #2)
  • Scandal
  • The Last Hellion (Scoundrels, #4)
  • Scoundrel (Montagues, #3)
  • The Secret To Seduction (Holt Sisters Trilogy, #3)
  • Winter Fire (Malloren, #6)
  • Dream of Me/Believe in Me (Viking & Saxon, #1 & #2)
  • A Woman Scorned (Lorimer Family & Clan Cameron #2)
  • Moonspun Magic (Magic Trilogy, #3)
  • Gallant Waif
  • A Precious Jewel (Stapleton-Downes, #2)
She writes young adult fiction as M.J. Putney.

Mary Jo Putney was born in Upstate New York with a reading addiction, a condition for which there is no known cure. After earning degrees in English Literature and Industrial Design at Syracuse University, she did various forms of design work in California and England before inertia took over in Baltimore, Maryland, where she has lived very comfortably

Fallen Angels (7 books)
  • Thunder & Roses (Fallen Angels #1)
  • Petals in the Storm (Fallen Angels, #3; Regency, #2)
  • Angel Rogue (Fallen Angels, #4)
  • Shattered Rainbows (Fallen Angels, #5)
  • River of Fire (Fallen Angels, #6)
  • One Perfect Rose (Fallen Angels #7)
“Un frate este cel mai bun aliat al unui om intr-o lume dificila, caci nimeni nu intelege la fel de bine fortele care ne formeaza pe viata.” 0 likes