Delirity discussion

Author H > Unearthly - C. Hand

Comments Showing 1-50 of 64 (64 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Heather (last edited Jun 13, 2012 02:06AM) (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
Unearthly (Unearthly, #1) by Cynthia Hand Hallowed (Unearthly, #2) by Cynthia Hand Boundless (Unearthly, #3) by Cynthia Hand

message 2: by Hillary (new)

Hillary (eledri) | 61 comments I finished this book on Sunday. WONDERFUL read.

Tucker is awesome.

Don't want to talk spoiler talk till more people have read. :)

message 3: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments I keep checking my library but its not there. :( q

message 4: by Heather (new)

Same here Carrie. Both of the books this month are MIA.

message 5: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments Heather wrote: "Same here Carrie. Both of the books this month are MIA."

That stinks. My librarys overdrive has the audio of Across the Universe so I guess I don't have it that bad.

message 6: by Joeera (last edited Feb 07, 2011 06:54AM) (new)

Joeera  | 126 comments Unearthly (Unearthly, #1) by Cynthia Hand (r-f-Feb 5-7)

I just finished reading it a while ago.First i just hae to say that i love the cover it's so beautiful and that's what attracted me to this book.

This book was so fantastically written i couldn't put it down.This is a new favorite of mine.The characters were so well developed and their personalities all sparkled with glory. I laughed out loud so many times.sometimes i wound how authors come up with the things they do.
Tucker is awesome but i like Christian as well

message 7: by Hillary (new)

Hillary (eledri) | 61 comments I liked both of them as well. But Tucker is just awesomeness times 7. I liked the twist at the end, what about you?

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 827 comments I knew that one of the two guys was going to be "different" but I guessed the wrong one originally.

So now we just have to figure out what her purpose is eventually going to be.

I don't think this counts as a spoiler, since nothing was said one way or the other, but I'm thinking that Angela might be a blackwing. (view spoiler)

message 9: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments Grrrrrrr... I am going to have to buy this aren't I? I hate that is is not in ebook format though. Trying to decide if I should get the audiobook version or the hardcover as the hardcaover here is more than the audio. I might just wait and see if it comes out as ebook anyway.

message 10: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments Stacia ~ curiouser and curiouser wrote: "Hmmm...let me see if I can get one up for you."

There is an arc out but I want the actual book. I will buy it if I get it from the US, but I can't buy it right now up here because it is just too much since it is not one of my fav series.

message 11: by Jasmine (last edited Feb 07, 2011 02:57PM) (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments Carrie (Care) wrote: "Grrrrrrr... I am going to have to buy this aren't I? I hate that is is not in ebook format though. Trying to decide if I should get the audiobook version or the hardcover as the hardcaover here is ..."

I requested it from b&n so maybe if enough people do the publisher will make it in the format. :)

message 12: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments Thanks Stacia.

Hahaha, Jasmine I requested one too.

message 13: by Hillary (new)

Hillary (eledri) | 61 comments I had that part figured out with her after the extent of their "chat" came into...uhm...view.

(view spoiler)

OOOH and I was annoyed by it not being ebook format at first, and then once I ordered it online, I figured hey...it's a pretty cover...and I got it cheaper than the ebook would have been...more than likely, so it was a win win!

message 14: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments How much did you get it for? I know it's $11 on bn.com, but I'd expect an ebook to be cheaper than that.

message 15: by Hillary (new)

Hillary (eledri) | 61 comments I get it for $9 on B&N like right after it came out.

message 16: by Heather (new)

Stacia, point me in the right direction!

message 17: by Heather (new)

Grazie!

message 18: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments This is kinda related but not really I hate when I see a ebook thats like 11 and the actual book is like 8 dollars or something.

message 19: by Heather (new)

Drives me batty too.

message 20: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments I am going to start this today!

message 21: by Zuleika (new)

Zuleika I'm about 20% in. Its okay, but something I always find weird (and kind of off-putting) to read in YA books is when the relationship between the parents and the kid is always so super perfect/ they tell each other everything. I'm not saying that people can't have a good relationship with their children and this is probably because I've had a weird childhood, but it just feels off to me.

message 22: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments I like that. I was always close with my mom, so I guess it feels normal to me.

I really loved Unearthly. (view spoiler)

message 23: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments Stacia ~ the bad influence wrote: "Alrighty, either way, if you end up not wanting to wait I can point you in the right direction."

I don't want to wait! loll

message 24: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (ASS24) | 15 comments I am so torn between Tucker and Christian. :P

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 827 comments Nothing wrong with that. I prefer my love triangles to at least be somewhat balanced, otherwise what's the point of a triangle?

message 26: by Hillary (new)

Hillary (eledri) | 61 comments They are both delectable. Right now I think I like Tucker better for being able to work past his..."fit" as I like to call it.

But as Stacia said...there is nothing wrong with a well balanced triangle...makes things more interesting!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 827 comments I actually really liked Clockwork Angel because I couldn't decide between Will and Jem.

message 28: by Hillary (new)

Hillary (eledri) | 61 comments Same! The Jackass and the Nice Guy. /swoon I'll take both thank you!

message 29: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (ASS24) | 15 comments I like Will better. He eats everything ! :P

message 30: by Hillary (new)

Hillary (eledri) | 61 comments You find out a bit as you keep reading, yes.

message 31: by Carina (new)

Carina I'm a Tucker girl. But I have to admit, Christian is really yummy. (view spoiler)

message 32: by Zuleika (new)

Zuleika Finished it! With all the angels in YA I thought I was going to be bored, but I thought this was well written and I liked all characters.
I prefer Tucker as well. Christian seemed a bit too perfect (view spoiler)

message 33: by Lynnea (new)

Lynnea (lalasbooks) I loved this book, I like both Tucker and Christian and honestly I don't know who I would pick. I am interested to see what her brother was up to...

message 34: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments Stacia *fingerhumping the cake wrote: "Are you needing this one Chakara or did you end up buying it?"

I didnt buy it yet its like 16 dollars and I havent checked to see if they have finally gotten a nook version. :(. so yea I still need to get ahold of it i think im like number 20 on the library wait list or something.

message 35: by Ali (new)

Ali | 43 comments Stacia ~ Mistress of Mediocrity wrote: "I knew that one of the two guys was going to be "different" but I guessed the wrong one originally.

So now we just have to figure out what her purpose is eventually going to be.

I don't think..."

Stacia- i like the theories you suggested. I am definitely wondering (view spoiler)

message 36: by Ali (new)

Ali | 43 comments Also- I loved this book too!! did not see that ending coming at all. It was awesome!

message 37: by Tya (new)

Tya | 846 comments I really liked Unearthly. I absolutely loved Tucker and was kind of whatever about Christian. He was kind of boring and devoid of personality. At the end of the book all I had on him was boring and perfect and oh! Plot twist and boring some more. I actually thought that all of the story involving the purpose was pretty blah. And as for the twist with Christian, I was actually expecting it to come from Tucker.

Spoiler/theory

(Sorry, I don't know how to do the spoiler tag...)

I think that Mom's purpose has to do with Angela and I absolutely think that she's a black wing and thats why Mom wasn't liking that friendship at all.

message 38: by Hillary (new)

Hillary (eledri) | 61 comments blah blah blah

remove the ! and you too can do the spoiler tag! :P

message 39: by Tya (new)

Tya | 846 comments (view spoiler)

Did it work?

message 40: by Hillary (new)

Hillary (eledri) | 61 comments It did!

message 41: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments So I finally go this book and have to say that it is better than I expected it to me. Overall I thought the book was very charming and innocent.

I also loved the family dynamic, how that even though they had this specialness, they were pretty normal. I also loved that when they moved Clara wasn't "the golden girl", which happens in so many books. I liked that she was the awkward girl trying to fit in.

As for Angela (view spoiler)

I will have to say that I can't wait for the next book.

message 42: by Heather (new)

My library finally got it too. I'll read it soon.

message 43: by Heather (new)

I'm finally getting to this one. I'm only 30 pages in, but it sounds interesting so far.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 827 comments I really do think this has been one of the better YA angel books that's come out in the past year, compared to more mediocre offerings like Fallen.

message 45: by Heather (new)

I'm enjoying it so far.

message 46: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments So far its okay but its very slow moving i keep reading along just so that i can get to the part where the story really takes off.

message 47: by Heather (new)

Most of the story isn't action packed. It's more of the calm, growing into yourself, teen drama as the book leads up to her purpose.

message 48: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments Yay i ordered my own copy the other day for my shelf should get here tomorrow.

message 49: by Rachael (new)

Rachael Melia (rach1971) | 1 comments That's inspired

message 50: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Hallowed is hard to talk about as there are so many game changers that come into play that is spoken about will spoil the book for the reader.

Needless to say that Clara still is having boy issues in this one, but she gets closer to resolving them by the end of the book. Clara and her angel blood friends learn more about their heritage, some of it is great and some not so much. It is the not so much that brings about the biggest changes.

But the biggest surprise comes at the end with Jeffery. He drops a big bomb on Clara when they are fighting. I found myself agreeing with Jeffery and the points he brought up. I do wish that he would have brought up these issues when things were happening instead of waiting, things would have hopefully ended differently in the past and maybe wouldn't have cause so many problems in the present.

With all that happened in this book I cannot wait for the next book!!

« previous 1