What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Pollyanna-like ending? [s]

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maria (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:39PM) (new)

Maria Elmvang (kiwiria) | 30 comments I've just finished listening to "Pollyanna", and the ending got me thinking of another book, but I cannot remember which one!

Has anybody read the book where a girl loses the use of her legs - I don't remember how - and is lying in bed. She loves animals but her guardian disapproves, so one of her friends sneaks a cat and a dog into her room. The dog chases the cat around the room, and during the chase the cat accidentally puts its claws into the girl's leg. She yelps with pain, everybody comes rushing into the room, and nobody is mad at the friend for bringing in the animals, because now they know she'll be well again, because she can feel her legs once again.

Until last week I was convinced this was "Pollyanna", but if so it's a different version of the book than the one I just heard, because it certainly wasn't in there. Does anybody have any clue which book I might be talking about instead?

message 2: by Maria (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:39PM) (new)

Maria Elmvang (kiwiria) | 30 comments Thanks to another friend I'm almost certain I'm thinking of "Heidi" and Clara's legs. I'll have to reread it to be sure, but it feels right.