Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

(BOTM) Group Read > Spoilers in Posts—PLEASE READ

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (last edited Feb 02, 2011 11:22AM) (new)

GinBee (jennymbee) | 4468 comments Mod
Group guidelines update re spoilers

Not sure if everyone is aware or not but you can now hide part of your post as a spoiler (view spoiler)

It would be really great if everyone could adopt this method when posting a spoiler so others can choose to read it or not!

Just go to (some html is ok) scroll down to see the tags you need to create the spoiler message and type your spolier between then. (it's near the bottom)

message 2: by Amber (new)

Amber | 9 comments Thanks for this! I was reading a few threads about what books to read next and the ends of many series were given away, much to my dismay, lol!

message 3: by Jlyates (new)

Jlyates | 37 comments That is good to know,I try not to say anything, but I am sure that something can slip out. This way if I thnk I might give something away I can hide it.

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (thebooknympho) good to know!

message 5: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Drake (elizabethdrake) Have to test this out (view spoiler)

message 6: by Berwald ~I Have Moved Accounts~ (last edited Feb 20, 2012 01:40PM) (new)

Berwald ~I Have Moved Accounts~ Im trying this one out... (view spoiler)

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments The spoiler thingy is loads of fun!

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Scott (michellescottfiction) I've been burned by lack of spoilers before, so I'm really glad to know this!

message 9: by Alexa (new)

message 10: by Juliette (new)

Juliette (juliette614) | 31 comments ok let see (view spoiler)

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments LOL, I like your spoiler Juliette.

message 12: by Juliette (new)

Juliette (juliette614) | 31 comments Thanks :)

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) alexa.... yours dosnt do :hide spoiler!!:

message 15: by Dana (last edited May 19, 2012 05:45PM) (new)

Dana "dew" (danadew) | 20 comments Let me let you all in on a NOT so little secret:
(view spoiler). Thanks for letting us try out the spoiler function.

Now then... can someone explain to me how to get the book covers to attach horizontally to one another instead of stacking on top of one another vertically. I'd like to conserve space in my posts. Thanks.
Computers for Seniors for Dummies by Nancy C. Muir The Help by Kathryn Stockett

message 16: by PepperP0t (last edited May 20, 2012 03:55AM) (new)

PepperP0t there's something wrong with good reads so the temporary fix is to put an html in front & behind it - doesn't matter which one you use, i've used the one for italic and the one for bold and its worked - anyway
< .i.> bookcover < ./i.> (minus the periods. and your books should go horizontal

message 17: by Hanna[h] (new)

Hanna[h] Cumberbatch (andthetheyburiedmemummble) | 1 comments Hey (view spoiler)

What did the spoiler say to the topic?

(view spoiler)

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments OLO that's priceless Hana.

message 19: by Dana (new)

Dana "dew" (danadew) | 20 comments Thanks for the help, Pat! (view spoiler)

testing out the new bookcover layout with my various bookclub reads scheduled for this month. I'm determined to get through all of them - w/ the possible exception of 50 Shades (long wait for this title and I'm not buying it).

Rosemary and Rue (October Daye, #1) by Seanan McGuire Skinwalker (Jane Yellowrock, #1) by Faith Hunter Great Expectations by Charles Dickens Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut The Water Thief by Nicholas Lamar Soutter Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) by E.L. James Sweet Blood of Mine (Overworld Chronicles #1) by John Corwin

message 20: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Tse | 2 comments (view spoiler)

message 21: by Sheryl (new)

Sheryl (bellesapepper37) | 7 comments Dana, how did you type in the book pic and make it small? I'm new to html. sorry.

Dana wrote: "Thanks for the help, Pat! [spoilers removed]

testing out the new bookcover layout with my various bookclub reads scheduled for this month. I'm determined to get through all of them - w/ the possi..."

message 23: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna Leo (rosanna_leo) Must test this!
A man walked onto the street and (view spoiler)
The End.

message 26: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Testing (view spoiler)

message 28: by Heather (new)

Heather | 11 comments Hi, super newbie here! Trying to figure out how to post book covers and author's pix so that a person reading my post can click and link straight to them. Any help would be appreciated! :D

message 29: by Keri (new)

Keri | 5 comments Heather wrote: "Hi, super newbie here! Trying to figure out how to post book covers and author's pix so that a person reading my post can click and link straight to them. Any help would be appreciated! :D"

Click on the gold "add book/author" just above the comment box and type in author or book to find what you want. At the bottom of the list you may select "link" or "book cover" then hit the add button.

message 30: by Heather (new)

Heather | 11 comments Keri wrote: "Heather wrote: "Hi, super newbie here! Trying to figure out how to post book covers and author's pix so that a person reading my post can click and link straight to them. Any help would be apprec..."
Ah...so easy :) Thanks Keri!

message 31: by Heather (new)

Heather | 11 comments Now to test the spoiler feature (view spoiler)

message 32: by Graeme (new)

Graeme Rodaughan Time to test this out

The story ends with an (view spoiler)

Thanks for the advice. Cheers Graeme

message 33: by Dmitrij (last edited Feb 20, 2017 07:17AM) (new)

Dmitrij Motley (DmitrijMotley) | 7 comments Thanks for this (view spoiler).