Q&A with Syrie James discussion

Future Books?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jana at ThatArtsyReaderGirl.com (last edited Jan 21, 2011 06:37PM) (new)

Jana at ThatArtsyReaderGirl.com (miss_jana) I've been dying to ask you this, Syrie!

In your author's note at the end of the book, you said, "... But I’ll tell you a secret: in my mind, Nicole and Michael’s story is far from over." Are you planning a sequel? Please, PLEASE be planning one!

Do you have any other books in progress?

message 2: by Syrie (new)

Syrie James | 44 comments Mod
Jana wrote: "I've been dying to ask you this, Syrie! In your author's note at the end of the book, you said, "... But I’ll tell you a secret: in my mind, Nicole and Michael’s story is far from over." Are you planning a sequel? Please, PLEASE be planning one! Do you have any other books in progress?"

I'd love to write a sequel to NOCTURNE. It will depend on whether readers and the publisher request it, so we'll have to wait and see!

My next book (just turned in the final draft) will be published by HarperTeen in early 2012. It's a YA novel that I cowrote with my son Ryan (tentatively titled FORBIDDEN) about a teenage girl who discovers she's half-angel and that her very existence is forbidden. She falls in love with the new, gorgeous guy at school who's... (wait, that would be telling!) It's based in reality, yet we had to create an entire new paranormal universe for the novel. I'm very excited about it.

Jana at ThatArtsyReaderGirl.com (miss_jana) Well, I definitely hope that you have the opportunity to write a sequel! I'm extremely hopeful myself. I would absolutely love to read more about those two!

Your upcoming book sounds wonderful! I'll definitely read that when it comes out!

message 4: by Megan (new)

Megan I would also love to read much more about Michael and Nicole.

So who do I need to badger with my "request"?? ;-)

message 5: by Syrie (new)

Megan wrote: "I would also love to read much more about Michael and Nicole.

So who do I need to badger with my "request"?? ;-)"

Dear Megan,
Thank you so much for your enthusiasm and support! You may feel free to write to the publisher:
Vanguard Press
The Perseus Book Group
387 Park Avenue South, Floor 12
New York, NY 10016

However, writing and posting reviews on Amazon, B&N, Borders, Goodreads, and anywhere else on the internet you choose may be more effective... and incredibly appreciated. In the publishing world, as everywhere else, it's all about sales figures!

Jacquelijacqueline Young | 19 comments Your book forbidden sounds really good and interesting. I'd never heard of a book with a teenage girl who is an angel. Very neat. I also have to read nockturne. I have a request too, but you can probably alread guess what my request is? Lol. Syrie wrote: "Megan wrote: "I would also love to read much more about Michael and Nicole.

So who do I need to badger with my "request"?? ;-)"

Dear Megan,
Thank you so much for your enthusiasm and support! You..."

Meredith (Austenesque Reviews) (merry816) You might have answered this somewhere else, sorry if this is a repeat. Do you have any plans to do another historical/diary/biographical fiction type stories?

message 8: by Syrie (new)

Meredith wrote: "You might have answered this somewhere else, sorry if this is a repeat. Do you have any plans to do another historical/diary/biographical fiction type stories?"

I'd love to write another book of this type. I am developing proposals for two new novels of that type, and will see what the publishers are interested in. I'd love to know what subject matter my readers would like to read about and will post a new topic about that right now!:)

Meredith (Austenesque Reviews) (merry816) Sounds great! I would love to read another one of your historicals!