Young Adult Fiction for Adults discussion

Series > Philip Pullman - The Golden Compass

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jaime (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:38PM) (new)

Jaime | 41 comments Mod
Thoughts? I don't like how he ends the books with a begining of another.

message 2: by J-Lynn Van Pelt (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:00PM) (new)

J-Lynn Van Pelt | 27 comments Haven't got around to reading it, but the movie looks great!

message 3: by Joseph (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:19PM) (new)

Joseph Daly | 3 comments Oh yea the Golden Compass, I gotta put that one on my list and read it before the movie comes out.

Jaime, sorry to hear that you hate ending that lead into another book. I just released my first novel is a series for young readers called:

Strange Town Volume One: The Woods Behind Trevor Malone's House

At the end my main character Trevor finds the clue to the next adventure. But I think you might like the book anyway...just don't read the last 2 pages!

It's available on Amazon.com and I've posted a free sample of the book on my Goodreads Author's profile page.

message 4: by Jaime (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:21PM) (new)

Jaime | 41 comments Mod
LOL! I will remember not to read the last 2 pages! I grew up with woods behind my house, so it will be very interesting to see what kind of adventures Trevor goes through. I will definitely check it out!

Also try The Dark is Rising.. that movie just came out too, but the book is better!

message 5: by Joseph (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:22PM) (new)

Joseph Daly | 3 comments I saw The Seeker last week, and it was just OK, not saying it was bad, but it was just OK. I will have to check out the book.

Thanks so much for your support and I would love to hear your feed back on my book!

Thanks.

Joe

message 6: by J-Lynn Van Pelt (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:22PM) (new)

J-Lynn Van Pelt | 27 comments Jaime,
I loved the movie version of The Seeker way more than the book. The books are written in that old school British style where the kids are frightfully naive and the story progresses so slowly. I thought the movie added some much needed intensity. The main kid did a great job and I loved the overly dramatic cinematography and music because it made it more of a thriller.